Doubletree Suites at Walt Disney World

BedKnobbery2

<font color=blue>Saucy Pants!<br><font color=red>W
This review will be short, since I just wrote a novel about our Nick Hotel stay.

Very quick and efficient check-in, very friendly staff. Our suite was spacious and well-appointed. The beds are fantastic, extremely comfortable and lots of pillows. Down comforters, thank goodness. It would be better if the bath were in the main area rather than the bedroom, but it wasn't really a problem. I'd also prefer a real solid door rather than the louvered doors (more like shutters than doors), but again--not much of a problem. Thankfully, you can still move around the suite well even with the sofa bed pulled out--well thought out design of the room there. My only real complaint is that the room air conditioner wasn't that great. While it definitely cooled the room quite a bit, we couldn't get it down to the sleeping temps we like, and whenever we walked into the hallway from our room, the hallway was ALWAYS much colder. At one point, we propped the room door open to cool it down more. Again, it wasn't warm in there--just not as cool as I like it, so I don't think there was anything wrong with the A/C, it was just programmed to cool to a certain level and stop, no matter what the settings were at.

Ask for a room near the elevators, unless you like a long walk. Even the rooms closest to the elevators aren't right next to them, so noise shouldn't be a concern.

The pool area was nice, nothing exciting, no slide, and the water was a bit on the warm side. But it was never crowded, so it was a nice place to relax.

We booked with the Mousesavers rate that included a continental breakfast. Good selection, but again, nothing exciting. The coffee was actually quite good (and I'm a coffee snob).

The bus system was great, very efficient, much like the Disney transportation. Although we had a car, my kids used the busses on occasion (12 y.o. & very mature 13 y.o.). Note that the bus to Downtown Disney only runs after 6pm. Also important to note that the Downtown Disney hotels have 2 bus routes, and only one of them runs to the Doubletree, so be sure to ask your driver if it goes to your hotel!

The best thing about the hotel (ok, aside from the beds and the large suites) is the location. It was a quick and easy drive to everything. Turn left, and you enter Disney property. Turn right and right again, and you can hop right on I-4. Honestly, this was the best hotel if you have a car and are planning to visit both the Disney parks and any other parks in the area. Plus it was easy to get to off-property restaurants, which is a real money-saver. Goodings Market is a very short drive--the Crossings is RIGHT there. And there is an easy to find Publix as well.

I would definitely stay there again, no question.

Sometimes I feel like a spokesperson for this hotel!!(Isn't it the best!!) Our family of 3 loves the extra space and have becomed very spoiled. It's and affordable option for us!! :thumbsup2

We stayed in January and were very happy ! We were looking forward to returning there this January.........but the rates have jumped $50 a night, ouch ! Certainly a big enough increase to make me start to search for other options, alot more out there when you jump into that price range.

HopperFan said:
We stayed in January and were very happy ! We were looking forward to returning there this January.........but the rates have jumped $50 a night, ouch ! Certainly a big enough increase to make me start to search for other options, alot more out there when you jump into that price range.

Watch for deals on Mousesavers.com. For our trip in August we had booked for I think $129/night & then they ran a special for $85/night through mousesavers. That deal is gone now (we decided to add 2 more nights on later & ended up paying the $129 for those 2 nights), but you may keep a look out for future deals.
PS This included breakfast too

Does anyone have any opinion on the pool, specifically kiddie pool (if any)? Going w/4YO DS and 18 month DS so it means alot. Do they have a so called "zero entry" pool. Thanks

The main pool has steps, it isn't zero entry. There is a kiddie pool with a fountain in the middle. :sunny:

mom2isaac&ella said:
Watch for deals on Mousesavers.com. For our trip in August we had booked for I think $129/night & then they ran a special for $85/night through mousesavers. That deal is gone now (we decided to add 2 more nights on later & ended up paying the $129 for those 2 nights), but you may keep a look out for future deals.
PS This included breakfast too

We stayed Mousesavers in January, and right now the Mousesaver rate is $50 more a night for the same time frame :sad2: I don't want to wait until the last minute, there will be five of us so the rooms options change......may have to book something I can cancel and then wait and see.

We are going here in 13 days! What are some of the off site restaurants close by we can use for a family of 5? we'll also have a car. looking for simple and quick and easy, and not :thumbsup2 too busy.

DonnaLeah said:
The main pool has steps, it isn't zero entry. There is a kiddie pool with a fountain in the middle. :sunny:
Thanks very much. I actually called Doubletree and they said they didn't have a kiddie pool??? It was late at night.....maybe they were sleeping. We'll probably consider it now.

We just returned from the DT in Downtown Disney. Good hotel, requested first floor room. Loved the beds, very comfortable. Suite was spacious, quiet, cool & clean. Microwave & fridge made some noise, but worked well enough. Staff was friendly, pools were clean. Pool bar was not open until our last night. Kiddie pool, hot tub, tennis courts, laundry facility. Location of the hotel was great. Close to off site restaurants, McDs, Fridays, Chevy's, Red Lobster, Dunkin Donuts. Easy access to non-Disney activities. Didn't use the bus, we had a car-one couple stated the bus was bad & wished they had a car. All in all it was the perfect choice & will definitely return for the value & accommodations.

Next Friday I'll be arriving at DT in DTD - :woohoo: I am happy with the reviews so far! Can anyone tell me some of the breakfast selections, please? I, too, got the Mousesaver rate with breaky and I am hoping to have a decent meal. popcorn:: Thanks!

DeniseinMich said:
We are going here in 13 days! What are some of the off site restaurants close by we can use for a family of 5? we'll also have a car. looking for simple and quick and easy, and not :thumbsup2 too busy.

Across Rt. 535 there is a Red Lobster, Buger King, Taco Bell and a sub shop (not sure which one). There is also a strip mall with a Publix grocery store. North on 535 there is a Winn Dixie, but you would have to drive there. The others are right across 535 from Hotel Plaza Blvd and you can walk or drive there.

Cinderellafifi said:
Next Friday I'll be arriving at DT in DTD - :woohoo: I am happy with the reviews so far! Can anyone tell me some of the breakfast selections, please? I, too, got the Mousesaver rate with breaky and I am hoping to have a decent meal. popcorn:: Thanks!

We two are arriving Friday and have the Mousesave rate. It includes continental breakfast. Hot breakfast (eggs) would be $7 extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter