Doubletree hotel?

TyNicJen

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! :wave2:
I was hoping to get your opinions on this hotel. I was told there are suites available and the price isn't bad. How are the pools? The buses to and from the parks? the food? :confused3
We were going to do PORFQ but not sure now. I'm not even sure I can get a ressie for end of June.
Okay This part is for my DD6. She wants to see how the little guys work. :love: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :cool1: :cool1: :hourglass :wave2: :furious: :badpc: prin :furious: cess: :woohoo: :yay: :stir: :wave2: :lovestruc :hippie: :bounce:
thanks

I stayed there in 2002. It's really not too bad. The suites are BIG (about 600 sq ft). They have two double beds in the smallish bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the large living room. There is a sink, a microwave and (I think) a small fridge. It's similar to an Embassy Suites but lower quality furnishings, and it seems to be an older property. But it's still a solid 3 stars. Definitely worth considering if you can get a decent rate.

My room had a view of the pool, it seemed OK but nothing special. I did not eat there and had a rental car so I can't answer your other questions. I have heard that although the shuttle buses for the DTD resorts are not as bad as off-site shuttles, it's still a good idea to have a car.

Check out http://www.mousesavers.com/dtguestsuites.html .

I also stayed at POFQ last month! It's really pretty nice, and you have all the amenities of a Disney resort including much better pools and transportation. The rooms are much smaller than the DoubleTree, but still reasonable size; if it's just three of you that won't be a big deal.

We stayed in July 05 in a suite. We were upgraded, so it was a nice treat. The room was great for the boys, and it had a mini fridge so I could stock milk and freeze drinks for the parks. But we hated the buses! Taking the bus before the parks were open was not bad, but waiting later in the day or to get a bus back from AK involved long waits. It was faster to take a DTD bus from a resort and walk back. We did not use the pool, but it looked like it would be okay, not themed.

Stayed at Doubletree Guest Suites in Downtown Disney this past March and it was very nice. Had also stayed there a few years ago and like it then, too. The furnishings are basically brand new and the beds have been majorly upgraded...very, very comfy and elegant. Huge suite. We had three teen boys with us and the space was great for the first night of our spring break trip when I didn't want to use my DVC points for a weekend night (we moved to OKW the next day). Plus, we used Hilton Honors points for the Doubletree so no cost at all! Got complementary bottled waters and small dessert tray delivered to the room which was an unexpected special touch. No complaints at all...would stay there again in a heartbeat! (By the way, we had a car each time so no experience with their bus transportation to the parks)

We are planning on staying there in August & got a great deal through mousesavers.com. I read lots of reviews before booking, with most of them postive. I have heard mixed reviews about the bus service. Officially they run every 30 min. I guess it depends on how busy the parks are. I have also heard that the walk to DTD is 20 min. In the August heat, we might be driving, but in June it may not be so bad. Any more info from others who have stayed there would be great!

:cool1: were staying in Sept. and also got a deal from mousesavers.com ! thanks Mary!! we can't wait.....last time we stayed at the Marriott downtown disney...... :wave:

I guess it all depends on your priorities for your holiday. If the pool is a make it or break it, the pool is nicer at POR. The buses will be more efficient at POR too but we didn't mind the service when we went last May and stayed at the Doubletree. The rooms are a great size and having the fridge was a real plus. There were 5 of us travelling together. If you want the Disney theming 24 hrs a day then stay at POR. If you want more room and a little less convenience isn't a problem then the Doubletree is a great hotel. Its just a matter of what's more important. Personally with a six year old the transportation back to the hotel mid-day may be something you may want to consider. We plan on staying at the POR next spring when we visit because we want the Disney theming. You can get a great rate at the POR using a AAA/CAA discount. Either way I'm sure you'll have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter