Doubletree DTD?

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Anyone stayed here recently? How far is the hotel from DTD area?

Any opinions greatly appreciated!

Sammy

We stayed there last October after checking out of the Holiday Inn Family Suites. Did not like the Holiday Inn at all. However,
we really enjoyed the Doubletree. I think we paid $115.00.
I'm sure we could of got a better deal if we made our reservation in advance but I couldn't stay one more day at the HIFS. I think the walk to the DTD stores was about 10 minutes. Really close. You could also walk to some fast food places outside of downtown disney because you are close to the gate as well.
Pool was ok. They have a separate baby pool if I remember correctly. I loved the room. It came with a refrig. microwave, kitchen sink, ironing board, coffee maker. The room is a suite with two double beds, tv, dressing area, bathroom (with a third tv), on one side and bifold doors closing it off from a sofa/bed, tv, kitchen area, living area. All of the extras were nice with kids. Make sure to request a DTD view instead of the other side which is a busy road/hiway. We were able to see fireworks several nights. They have a gift store, a convenience shop, restaurant, bar, car rental agency and arcade on property. I would surely stay there again. Especially if you like having the microwave and frig. Also, the rooms were very spacious. Never felt cramped. Hope this helps.

I just went to Mousesavers and they were listing the DTD
with a special rate of $79 starting sometime in August to the end of September. I would be very happy to stay there with that rate.

Marie32:

Wow! Thanks for all that great information! I saw the Mousesavers rate and that is why I was looking into the Doubletree. We are a family of 5 so our reasonably-priced onsite choices are limited. To think we could get a suite for $79/night is awesome!!

Sammy

We just stayed there for three nights in June. While it wouldn't be my first pick, I might stay there again. The Wyndham Palace is nicer and closer, but you don't get the microwave and refrigerator. We had a strong musty smell in the room, so we turned the AC down which helped. Sleeper sofa was not comfortable, but the two double beds weren't bad. The buffet breakfast was pretty good and not that expensive.

Didn't care much for the cookies you get when you check in. To me they were only so so.

We got a special deal there with a tour of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club. We wanted to check that out, so it wasn't so bad. Kind of worn out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!