Double Tree Club Hotel Lake Buena Vista

kitsch

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed at the Double Tree Club Hotel Lake Buena Vista on 12490 Apopka Vineland Rd.? How far is it from Downtown Disney. Is it within walking distant.

Are there any cheap places to eat close to the hotel--maybe a neaby mall food court?

My wife and I stayed at the Club Hotel Doubletree one year and overall we were impressed. The major reason for choosing this hotel was the location and price. We were able to get a standard room for about $69 a night from off the internet. As for the location, you couldn't get any closer to Disney Property offsite. The hotel is about a block from the Downtown Disney gate (we measured it in our car and its excatly one mile from DD). My wife and I both decided it wouldn't be worth the extra money for those DD hotels when Club Hotel is only a few feet more outside the gate.
Some notes about the hotel to help you make a decision, there is no restaurant at the hotel. Instead their is a cafe (AU BON PAIN) that serves sandwiches, breads, soup, and deserts. Though this is true, the Disney Crossing Shopping area is across the street with several places to eat (Pizza Hut, Jungle Jim's, Unos, Fridays, Olive Garden, Dennys, and Red Lobster). The pool is not very well themed, with just an olympic looking square pool and a hot tub (we used the hot tub a lot after the long days). It disappointed me a little because they went all out with the tropical theme througout the hotel, but put little effort into the look of the pool.
The standard rooms were nice, with two beds in a very colorful (tropical) setting. I hear they also have several kids suites that have a seperate sleeping area. On the last two nights we upgraded to a king suite and that really blew our socks off! Not only did we get a seperate room, but the bathroom had an inhouse jacuzzi, and a balcony. A note, not all suites have balonies (some standard rooms might have one as well)that's something you have to bring up when making your request. I hope this helps you in your decision

Thank you so much for all that useful information. I am sure I will enjoy my stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!