• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

double stroller vs 2 single

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
the great stroller debate goes on!! Last year we did the sit and stand kids were 2 &4 worked well except when the 4 yr fell asleep in one of the shows and we ended up having to carry her out of the park. So this year our choice is dig out the big old double stroller or go with two smaller umbrella strollers. I would have to buy at least one more deluxe model as we have two basic models but they do have canopies. The grandparents are coming with us so there will be lots of people to push the strollers, I'm just wondering how this worked for getting on and off the transportation.

Anyone have any good recommendations of a nice umbrella type stroller, I would like at least one that reclines and has a basket and of course a canopy.

Anyone have any experience using both and which was easier.

Hopefully I read you right but if your children are 3 & 5 this year I think the Sit N Stand would be ideal - even more ideal this year than last! We used a Peg Perego with the jump bar on the back (similar to SnS) for my girls who are two years apart and it worked great. Now that the younger child is three perhaps he/she could ride the back if the older falls asleep again?

Personally I can't imagine my 5yo in a stroller but I know many use one while at WDW. For us the standing option was a great chance for the older dd to rest her feet and keep us moving. I guess you have to think about how much the older one really uses a stroller to determine if its worth pushing two. I can't imagine tracking down two strollers after a show or ride when the cm's have moved them or organized them. Not to mention the bus/monorail and trams with two strollers and stuff.

Of course my view is changed now that my girls are 5 & 7 and IMHO its soooo nice not to have the stroller anymore :-) .

Have a great trip
TJ

I think your 5 year old definately needs a stroller. We needed one for my 7 year old last trip. The distances are just too far for little legs. We were happy renting the big double strollers with our 4 and 7 year old last trip. We didnt have to take the stroller on and off transportation and could always get another one in each park we went to. If you are buying a stroller for the 5 year old, pay attention to the weight limits. We bought a double umbrella stroller for one trip and one child was 5 lbs over the weight limit. The frame of the stroller snapped in the middle of the trip.

What about buying a "good" single stroller that your five year old can use now, and that your youngest can grow in to? I have an intense dislike for most umbrella strollers. I'm tall and my DH is 6'2" so we end up with aching backs. I'm still using the Graco stroller I bought for my youngest when she was born, she's now 5.

That way you could take your current stroller for shorter outings, like DD, or trips to the pool, and use both for your days at the parks. Then, when your youngest is older, you'll have a perfect stroller for subsequent trips to WDW.

I haven't used this website before, so I'm not sure how they are, but I they sell Kidco brand strollers.

www.strollers4less.com if you search by the brand "Kidco bebecar" you will see the different types they have.

They are umbrella strollers which have a basket underneath. I believe they are similar to the Maclaren stroller, but are somewhat cheaper. They have both single & double strollers. Some of the models recline all the way back, some only partially. Some models actually have telescoping handles as well.

I actually bought the Maverick double from another website (which reclines all the way back, has a small basket underneath & has the telescoping handles), specifically for my trip to disney. My boys are 1,3, &5. My youngest 2 rode in this stroller & we rented a stroller for my 5 year old. The stroller worked great. Another good point to this stroller was the 5 point harness since my 1 year old couldn't escape from his stroller. Both boys (3yo weighs 42 lbs & is 42 inches tall) were comfortable & the stroller pushed well. We are going back to disney in November & will definitely be bringing the double stroller again.

Hope this helps you.

We have a split decision in my house. We've gone both routes, I prefer having the double stroller, dh likes the two singles. We had a side by side double stroller and I really liked it, but my husband was the one who had to fold it up everytime we had to get on transportation. He hated it (also it had kind of small wheels that would sometimes get stuck--he would have a fit!). Last trip we went with two umbrella type strollers. They had canopies and baskets underneath but neither one reclined and I didn't like that. Also, we couldn't really split up unless we each took a child with us. Where you will have a lot of adults, that won't be an issue for you. Our next trip we'll have three with us and I'm sure we'll be bringing the double and then if we really have to we can rent a single for my oldest. Have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter