Double Stroller Advice

disneymomof2boyz

DIS Veteran
Hello to all!!:yay:
I need some advice. We have 2 boys, who will need a double stroller for our upcoming trip. I have a Graco DuoGlider and I absolutely hate it! We bought it when our oldest was 1, and when our second was born, and at that time it was good for us b/c they were very light. Now my boys are going to be 4 and 3, and they weigh about 30lbs. each.
We will NOT be renting a Disney stroller due to the high prices. We did this the last 2 times, and it was great, especially b/c they're not really babies, but not yet big kids.
To those of you that own a light, and manueverable(sp?) double stroller...PLEASE help me choose a brand and style. I am open to jogging strollers, everything except those tandem ones.(one behind the other)
Thanks!:thumbsup2

I just bought this double stroller: http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-aria-twin-2007-toffee.html

It was a great deal since it was about 50% off. I've only had it for about a week, but so far so good. My kids are 3.5 and 6 months old. Both kids are larger than average: 40 pounds and 22 pounds. My DD (the 3.5 yo) loves the stroller and never wants to get out. It pushes well and can fit through a standard door! Both seats recline independently and have their own sunshade. The basket is pretty good sized, but I've read online that it isn't very durable. The stroller folds up quite compact (the handle folds into the stroller) and it weighs practically nothing.

We are also in the same boat as you...we had planned to rent the double stroller for our trip in August, but that price increase was just alittle bit too much for us.
Have you thought about any of the sit n stand strollers? That is what I am looking into. We are researching the Joovy Caboose and the Joovy Caboose Ultralight.
My girls will be 17 months and almost 3yo in August. I have an older Eddie Bauer Double Stroller that I dislike because it is big, heavy, and steers like a mack truck.

I am a stroller addict. I have 5 double strollers and my favorites are my Baby Jogger Twinner, my Joovy Caboose and my Aria (lightweight!).
I bought a "last year" style of my Aria a few years back and got a great deal :wizard:

I am a stroller addict. I have 5 double strollers and my favorites are my Baby Jogger Twinner, my Joovy Caboose and my Aria (lightweight!).
I bought a "last year" style of my Aria a few years back and got a great deal :wizard:

So crisgw between the Joovy Caboose and Aria which do you think is better for WDW?

We have a double side by side (kidco) and I dont really like it. It works well with both kids in it, with the person pushing using two hands. Adequate basket, two reclining seats, sunshade, rainshade. But to push it one handed is impossible, and if one kid wants to walk, it is really uneven. I only used it when they were younger, and they both needed to ride all the time. Now we havent really used it since last summer when dd turned one.

So for the trip we got two volos. I figured for kids their age (4 and almost 2) we wouldnt really get any use out of buying ANOTHER double to try to get one to work better. I just ordered some stroller connectors so if we need to, we can lock them together in WDW. Then when we get home we will just be able to throw one volo in my van, and one in dh's trunk, for our youngest to use, as our oldest doesnt us a stroller at home.

Good luck!

So crisgw between the Joovy Caboose and Aria which do you think is better for WDW?

I know that this question wasn't directed to me, but I just bought the Twin Aria and the other stroller that I was considering was the Joovy Ultralight. I went with the Aria for a couple of reasons. First of all, I heard from a friend who has the Joovy that she had "issues" develop with her kids about who got to ride in the backseat. With my DD, I could see problems with who got to ride in the front seat (or...who gets to be the baby).

The second thing that sealed the deal with the Aria was the idea of a trip like Disney. Even though my 3 yo doesn't nap regularly now, I can see her wanting to crash for a nap if we were at Disney and that isn't really possibly with the Joovy since the back seat is a bench seat.

The Aria ended up being about $80 cheaper than the Joovy too (although I didn't get to the point where I was hunting around online for a good deal with the Joovy so it might have been less of a difference).

The Joovy and the Aria both have their pros/cons. If your kids are young and close in age (under 4) do the Aria. You won't regret it. It's SUPER lightweight and easy to push :)

Thanks Crisgw and amarberry! The Aria is very lightweight and cheaper too (thanks for posting that link amarberry). My main purpose will be to use it at Disney, so I appreciate your insight!!
Sorry disneymomof2boyz for kindof hijacking your post!!:rolleyes1

Thanks to all for the comments and opinions! We will be looking into all the options listed.
Ans not to worry cerberus, i don't feel like the thread was hijacked. Good that others are also being helped by this thread.;)

I dont have the Joovy Caboose, but that's one of the ones we have tried out. In a place like Disney, your kids are going to get tired. Where will the one in the back lay down? There is no place. And, if there is a kid sitting on the back step, you cant lay the front seat back. So that would be a huge issue at Disney for me.....the kids cant really lay down and rest in a stroller like that.

We have a Phil & Ted's Sport Buggy and it works well for us. DD#1 is about to turn four, so she sits up front. DD#2 just turned one, so she rides in the back. Both seats can recline enough to be comfortable for sleeping.

We also bought a used DuoRider....not DuoGlider....and it is pretty good. Both seats recline independently and there is a huge basket underneath.

does the 2007 model of the Aria have the 60/40 split where one side is big enough to hold the infant car seat? Does anyone know what the other differences are with the new 2008 model? Thanks

I have also done some research on the double strollers as I wanted to buy a comfortable stroller for my 2 DGS (ages 4 and 2) before we go to WDW in 2 weeks. My DD has the Combi twin umbrella stroller. It is light weight and folds up nicely but I felt it was somewhat flimsy and the underneath stroage space is really limited.

After asking for opinions on this board and reading many other stroller threads here :surfweb: (and believe me, you'll find ALOT) I went with the Peg Perego. As mentioned above, the 2 seats recline independently, the stroage space is roomy (although have heard here that if you jam it with too much stuff the mesh basket will drag on the ground :sad2: ) and it is light weight (14 or 16 lbs I think).

I had to decide between the Peg and the McLaren but read that the underneath storage space on the McLaren is rather limited. We haven't used the Peg yet, it's still in the box, but will be taking it to WDW in 2 weeks.

I also got a good deal at www.albeebaby.com. Free shipping and it came very quickly.

Good luck,

Karen:)

does the 2007 model of the Aria have the 60/40 split where one side is big enough to hold the infant car seat? Does anyone know what the other differences are with the new 2008 model? Thanks

The 2007 Aria twin does not have the 60/40 split, at least not the one I bought. You can find the ones with the 60/40 split on the website I mentioned above (albeebaby), they are quite abit more expensive though.

Karen:)

thanks. i think I'll hold off then. For now we are planning on doing WDW with 2 strollers. It won't be until Sept. I'll have a 6 week old and a 4 yr old at that time. Not sure if I want to spend the money on a double just yet.

We have 2 doubles, the Maclaren Twin Techno and the Dreamer Design Double Jogger (ditto) WITH the front axis kit. When we go to DLR we LOVE LOVE LOVE the dreamer design one, but we either walk over from the parking structure or go in the stroller spot in the tram, so we are not breaking it down or folding it. But before we got the front axis we hated it, it made all the difference in the world, it pushes so easily no problem, even when we stuff the bottom with drinks or coats or stuff. We also love our Maclaren double with the Skip Hop duo diaper/storage bag, the bag made the difference in the functionality of the stroller, bag= more functional. It folds easy and fits both older (and/or younger) boys fine.

We are actually trying to figure out which one we want to take to WDW in August, or even both :scared: . The jogger is a joy to push but hard to breakdown, the maclaren is easy to breakdown but a bit trickier to push.

Great thread everyone, but still so confusing!
We are going to head off to Babies R Us today to try a few of your suggestions out in person! For me the most important thing is how easy it is to push.
Anyone have any they want me to try if they have it out? My girls weigh 24 and 29lbs.

We used the Aria twin model last Sept for my 2 and 4 yr old and it was a bear to push! It was very lightweight and folded up super easily but it did not push well with two bigger kids. I bet for babies or toddlers it would be great but for two older children, I was NOT happy with it, JMO. I sold it as soon as we got home from our trip. This year Im going with two Maclaren strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!