Double occupancy/ triple occupancy New Zealand- any luck?

happydisfamilyof4

Oops...I guess we are now a happydisfamilyof5!
We called last week to book one of the new 2024/2025 New Zealand Adventure dates for our party of 5. When I spoke to the vacation planner he asked how we wanted the rooms broken up and I asked for one double and one triple. He let me know that for the dates we wanted there were no more triple occupancy rooms available and we would have to do 2 doubles and one single occupancy- and pay the single supplement charge for the third room or change to different trip dates that had the triple room available. ( we are pretty set on those dates for a variety of reasons). He did say that he would put in a reservation modification request to see if a double and triple could be accommodated even though the system was indicating none available but that it would take 3-4 days to receive a response. That was last Thursday and we haven’t heard anything yet. My question is has anyone else run into this issue? Were they able to make the modifications? Or should I just plan for the 3 rooms and additional $4k+ for the single supplement? Thanks!

We called last week to book one of the new 2024/2025 New Zealand Adventure dates for our party of 5. When I spoke to the vacation planner he asked how we wanted the rooms broken up and I asked for one double and one triple. He let me know that for the dates we wanted there were no more triple occupancy rooms available and we would have to do 2 doubles and one single occupancy- and pay the single supplement charge for the third room or change to different trip dates that had the triple room available. ( we are pretty set on those dates for a variety of reasons). He did say that he would put in a reservation modification request to see if a double and triple could be accommodated even though the system was indicating none available but that it would take 3-4 days to receive a response. That was last Thursday and we haven’t heard anything yet. My question is has anyone else run into this issue? Were they able to make the modifications? Or should I just plan for the 3 rooms and additional $4k+ for the single supplement? Thanks!
I ran into this with South Africa 2024 - Kevin at Dreams Unlimited said that triples weren’t loaded in the ABD system on the first day of booking for some reason. They have since been added so I would have your agent recheck.

I'd call back. You never know what happened, but I just wouldn't be waiting any longer if it was me!

Sayhello

Thanks for the advice- I called back and talked to a different individual and he said the request had been approved and the original guy must’ve just forgot to email or call. We are all set! My “kids” who will be adults at the time of travel aren’t thrilled with sharing a room but my bank account is without that extra single supplement. But hey they’ll be in New Zealand for Christmas so that should make up for having to share a room!

Thanks for the advice- I called back and talked to a different individual and he said the request had been approved and the original guy must’ve just forgot to email or call. We are all set! My “kids” who will be adults at the time of travel aren’t thrilled with sharing a room but my bank account is without that extra single supplement. But hey they’ll be in New Zealand for Christmas so that should make up for having to share a room!
So glad it all worked out! :)

The hotel rooms on the New Zealand ABD are all large rooms, so that will help. The only one that may be a bit of an issue is the Pullman Rotorua, where part of the bathroom is open to the room, with separate stalls for the toilet and the shower. It may just require some juggling for them to get ready in private. But as long as you warn them, and maybe figure out a strategy ahead of time, you should be good. It's a FABULOUS trip, and you are going to love it!

20230316_204227.jpg20230316_204251.jpg20230316_204312.jpg20230316_204349.jpg

Sayhello

ETA: The room at the Crown Plaza Christchurch has a clear glass shower that shows through to the room BUT there *is* a shade you can lower all the way down to block that off. So it's all good.

20230318_163834.jpg
20230318_163933.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter