Double check my dxdp adr's please....

hannahdrewmom

DIS Veteran
We are arriving at MCO at 8am! OUCH! The first morning and will be switching resorts the last day. We will not have ddp for the last 2 nights. What do you think? We have a 4 and 2 year old who are very well behaved and we normally get compliments on. (I've probably shot myself in the foot by saying that!) We are staying at the poly.

5/5 Ohana 10:55
Kona 5:10

5/6 Crystal Palace 8:10
Ohana 6:25

5/7 Akers 8
San Angel 12:30 ( but probably just apps/dessert)
Narcossees 5:30

5/8 Yak and Yeti 12
Flying Fish 6:05

5/9 Liberty Tree Tavern 12:35
The Wave 6

5/10 Whispering Canyon 10
Sanaa 5

5/11 Cape May 10:55
Yatchsman 5

5/12 Club level/OOP

5/13 club level/OOP

We are arriving at MCO at 8am! OUCH! The first morning and will be switching resorts the last day. We will not have ddp for the last 2 nights. What do you think? We have a 4 and 2 year old who are very well behaved and we normally get compliments on. (I've probably shot myself in the foot by saying that!) We are staying at the poly.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by check your DxDP ADRs: are you asking for people to weight in about you choices or just to double check that you have enough credits?

If it is the later, then you are currently planning to use 18 of your 21 credits per person (assuming you have seven nights of the DxDP).

Otherwise, the only day where you might end up eating something in middle (based on your schedule) is the 5th. In most cases you have your meals spaced about six hours apart (when you only have two), except on the 5th. Breakfast at 8 and dinner around 6, so that's almost ten hours apart.

I love all your ADR's. I am doing the same thing.. Asking and asking if I have good enough Adr's etc.. We will also be staying at the Poly when you are.. first part of the week.. the coronado.. second part poly.. See you there with your 2 well behaved 4 and 2 year olds.. :thumbsup2 I will be the one with the whiny 5 year old.. :rotfl:

I'm asking both! ;) We are actually only doing the dining plan for 6 nights. The last two nights are at BC so with the resort change we aren't adding back the dining plan. (I was hoping to with an ap rate but our pin had a higher % off!) So we are right at 18 credits.
I'm wondering what people think of the ADR's as well as the spacing. I think I'm ok with the far apart timings, those days we'll snack in the afternoon (Which I'm ok with ice cream for lunch while on vacation! And I know the kids won't mind ;)) I'm more worried about the closer times.... do you think they are too close sort of thing. Or am I going to have us really hungry on those longer spans than I'm anticipating?

I love all your ADR's. I am doing the same thing.. Asking and asking if I have good enough Adr's etc.. We will also be staying at the Poly when you are.. first part of the week.. the coronado.. second part poly.. See you there with your 2 well behaved 4 and 2 year olds.. :thumbsup2 I will be the one with the whiny 5 year old.. :rotfl:

Yeah! Maybe we'll run into one another! Mine aren't always well behaved! Especially when tired! But hopefully we will be good at meals... they both love to eat out! So add a couple of characters or a cool restaurant and I'm hoping for some good kiddos!

are you planning to visit a park this day? by the time you finish b'fast it will be at least 12-12:30... 1pm before you get to a park (if going to MK, longer if another)... by 3:30-4pm you have to start thinking about leaving and heading back to resort for dinner, esp if not MK

assuming you are staying in MK after b'fast... you will need to think about leaving the park around 5-5:30ish for dinner ADR

5/7 Akers 8
you will finish this meal around 9:30, WS will not be open yet so you will be heading to FW... you will not accomplish many rides/etc before you need to head back to WS for lunch... if you think you will only be hungry for apps/dessert (and likely not even that due to the big b'fast Akershus offers) you would probably be better off just hitting Sunshine Seasons CS
if you do go to SA for lunch, you will be finishing up around 1:30-2pm, maybe visit some of WS before you have to plan to leave the park around 4-4:30 for a 5:30 dinner, earlier if you want to stop at the room and change

5/8 Yak and Yeti 12
depending on what time you get to the park, you should be able to see/do a lot w/only one mid-day ADR... however, again, if you are going back to the room before dinner, you will need to allow a LOT of time for travel as getting from AK to the Poly to the BWalk is no easy task... i would consider later FF ADR unless you have a car!

this should be do-able and give you a nice morning in the MK... however, again, if you plan to change before dinner, you will be finishing your meal around 2pm and need to start heading out of the park by 4:30-5 at the latest...
The Wave 6

are you doing a park this day? if so, which one? after b'ast at 11:30, it will be 12 or later before you get to a park... and to get to Sanaa for a 5pm dinner, you will need to be on your way no later than 4pm, giving you maybe 4 park hours this day...
Sanaa 5

basically same as the day before... you will not be finished eating 'til at least noon, and have four hours or less in a park...
Yatchsman 5

5/12 Club level/OOP

5/13 club level/OOP

i made some observations above...

That's exactly what I was looking for! We have been many times before but none have ever been this long so we are hoping for more of a relaxed park time and not as commando as we have been before..... although it's hard to convince myself of that! :rolleyes: But I'm trying... this is our third trip within a year... so obviously we don't NEED to anything. My timing and perceptions are never realistic though!

are you planning to visit a park this day? by the time you finish b'fast it will be at least 12-12:30... 1pm before you get to a park (if going to MK, longer if another)... by 3:30-4pm you have to start thinking about leaving and heading back to resort for dinner, esp if not MK
Kona 5:10 we arent planning on a park since we will be up at 4am! We might head into MK to walk around but chances are we will just do the pool and take naps. I am debating this day though.... I'd like to do a park since we are there so early.... but since our trip is longer than normal this time I'm trying to convince myself to take it slow.... it's working about 30%;)

assuming you are staying in MK after b'fast... you will need to think about leaving the park around 5-5:30ish for dinner ADR perfect we will be out before then probably by 2 for naps- it's grad night so we won't be going back anyway

5/7 Akers 8
you will finish this meal around 9:30, WS will not be open yet so you will be heading to FW... you will not accomplish many rides/etc before you need to head back to WS for lunch... if you think you will only be hungry for apps/dessert (and likely not even that due to the big b'fast Akershus offers) you would probably be better off just hitting Sunshine Seasons CS
if you do go to SA for lunch, you will be finishing up around 1:30-2pm, maybe visit some of WS before you have to plan to leave the park around 4-4:30 for a 5:30 dinner, earlier if you want to stop at the room and change
Narcossees 5:30 this is my concerning day so thanks for putting in the times. I know we are going to do alot of ws in the evening when we are at bc and we don't do alot of rides in FW normally... but I would like to spend some time there... might need to rethink that afternoon meal.... probably don't need one at all... just liked the idea of being in the temple

5/8 Yak and Yeti 12
depending on what time you get to the park, you should be able to see/do a lot w/only one mid-day ADR... however, again, if you are going back to the room before dinner, you will need to allow a LOT of time for travel as getting from AK to the Poly to the BWalk is no easy task... i would consider later FF ADR unless you have a car! no car but we will cab to FF....plan to leave AK after ADR for a break before dinner so I'm ok with that. We've never been to either restaurant though.... Any opinion?

this should be do-able and give you a nice morning in the MK... however, again, if you plan to change before dinner, you will be finishing your meal around 2pm and need to start heading out of the park by 4:30-5 at the latest... perfect we were going to leave after lunch for a break and come back after dinner for MSEP
The Wave 6

are you doing a park this day? if so, which one? after b'ast at 11:30, it will be 12 or later before you get to a park... and to get to Sanaa for a 5pm dinner, you will need to be on your way no later than 4pm, giving you maybe 4 park hours this day... no parks today... guess it would have helped to tell you that! :rolleyes1 I had thought we might walk over to Fort Wilderness and do pony rides
Sanaa 5

basically same as the day before... you will not be finished eating 'til at least noon, and have four hours or less in a park... this day I need to change.... We have to check into BC here so I was thinking breakfast there but you are right about park time then.... hmmm...
Yatchsman 5
i made some observations above...

That's exactly what I was looking for! We have been many times before but none have ever been this long so we are hoping for more of a relaxed park time and not as commando as we have been before..... although it's hard to convince myself of that! :rolleyes: But I'm trying... this is our third trip within a year... so obviously we don't NEED to anything. My timing and perceptions are never realistic though!

if you are anything like me, you won't slow down and you'll want to commando and you'll kick yourself that you are forever running to an ADR! LOL!

Keep in mind that your room may not be ready 'til 4pm... we checked in to GF-CL and did not have a room... and were not planning on using park tickets so we made the best by heading to DTD... but it's a reality... also, your luggage may not be available, so if you are opting for the pool, CARRY SWIMSUITS!
Kona 5:10 we arent planning on a park since we will be up at 4am! We might head into MK to walk around but chances are we will just do the pool and take naps. I am debating this day though.... I'd like to do a park since we are there so early.... but since our trip is longer than normal this time I'm trying to convince myself to take it slow.... it's working about 30%;)

perfect we will be out before then probably by 2 for naps- it's grad night so we won't be going back anyway

5/7 Akers 8
this is my concerning day so thanks for putting in the times. I know we are going to do alot of ws in the evening when we are at bc and we don't do alot of rides in FW normally... but I would like to spend some time there... might need to rethink that afternoon meal.... probably don't need one at all... just liked the idea of being in the temple
i would skip the temple this trip and go for a CS meal

5/8 Yak and Yeti 12
no car but we will cab to FF....plan to leave AK after ADR for a break before dinner so I'm ok with that. We've never been to either restaurant though.... Any opinion?
we really enjoyed yak & yeti but w/kids your kids' ages, you might want to do a character meal instead? donald's b'fast, latest reservation, is our typical plan... armed w/a fp for the safari, we head there after we eat

perfect we were going to leave after lunch for a break and come back after dinner for MSEP
The Wave 6
sounds do-able

no parks today... guess it would have helped to tell you that! :rolleyes1 I had thought we might walk over to Fort Wilderness and do pony rides
Sanaa 5
that sounds do-able too

this day I need to change.... We have to check into BC here so I was thinking breakfast there but you are right about park time then.... hmmm...
Yatchsman 5
if you are checking in to BC, maybe have b'fast there another day (or never, we were under-impressed)... after check in, what park?

i don't see a DHS day in your plan... are you skipping it? if not, you may want to try and do the Playhouse Disney b'fast or lunch... ds2 LOVED it!!

Was the food worth it? I was going to do HS while we were at BC since we could walk in the mornings. We never do more than 1/2 there so I figured we'd spend the rest of the day at SAB and try to avoid a hopper. But if the meals worth it might reshuffle some stuff.... is it worth reshuffleing?

I'm asking both! ;) We are actually only doing the dining plan for 6 nights. The last two nights are at BC so with the resort change we aren't adding back the dining plan. (I was hoping to with an ap rate but our pin had a higher % off!) So we are right at 18 credits.

Don't forget that your meal credits won't expire until midnight on your check out day...so exactly how many nights are you staying at Poly? It looks like 6 nights, right? And then 3 nights at BC?
5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10- checking out 11th. That gives you 18 credits...not 21. Am I missing something? :confused3

Was the food worth it? I was going to do HS while we were at BC since we could walk in the mornings. We never do more than 1/2 there so I figured we'd spend the rest of the day at SAB and try to avoid a hopper. But if the meals worth it might reshuffle some stuff.... is it worth reshuffleing?

the lunch food was better than the b'fast at H&V... we have some faves on their buffet that we really like... the best part was it's such a non-popular place (i guess disney does not attract as many preschoolers as one would think) that you really get amazing character interaction there... we ate there four times in two trips, that's how much ds enjoyed it! :)

i'm not sure how many day's worth of tix you have, but maybe visit just for a meal on your "pony ride" day... or your first BC day as you will have the credits 'til midnight!

Smithkid- yes there are only 18 credits. I should not be over? Am I?

Maybe I'll put HS down for the first day when we arrive... that way we don't have a full day there but in case our room isnt ready it gives us an alternative place to go. And it would be a lunch ADR. Is it Manny and Osso now? We aren't Osso watchers but my youngest LOVES Manny! So that would probably work out. The kids don't know TSMM exists so a later arrival isn't a problem since we can just avoid it.

We are going to have 10 day tickets (maybe AP's... still on the fence.)

H/V 12 (HS)

Crystal Palace 8:10 (MK)

Akers 8 (Epcot)

Yak and Yeti 12 (AK Day)

Liberty Tree Tavern 12:35 (MK day)
The Wave 6

Ohana 9:30 (Resort day)
Jiko 5:30

Kona 9 - (MK for day)
Yatchsman 6

Resort Day

Epcot Day

Smithkid- yes there are only 18 credits. I should not be over? Am I?

Oh no...you're fine! :goodvibes One of the other posters mentioned you were only using 18 out of your 21 credits and I only counted you as having 18 credits to use based upon the # of nights you had booked.

Oh no...you're fine! :goodvibes One of the other posters mentioned you were only using 18 out of your 21 credits and I only counted you as having 18 credits to use based upon the # of nights you had booked.

Thanks! I've changed it so much that I'm not sure what I'm doing anymore! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!