Dorothy goes to MNSSHP!!! A quickie trip to WDW update 10/23

After wolfing down my waffles, I grabbed a cab and was the latest I've ever been to Mass in Orlando. Just before the Priest. Oops. Oh well. I shared some pictures on flickr if you're interested in seeing what the area around the church is like. I won't post them here.

After mass, I shopped in their store and wandered their beautiful, peaceful grounds while waiting for the outlet mall next door to open. (See, Jen shopping on a Sunday, I'm bad too! LOL) I walked over to the outlet mall and sat on a bench and read for a bit.

Instead of finding a map, I just took a picture of the one posted. I had two stores in mind: Levis (only jeans I buy now) and of course, the Disney Character outlet. I also wanted shoes, so I was planning to look for shoes as well.

P_20161023_093059 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161023_093105 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161023_094554 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161023_094559 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161023_094609 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161023_094615 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So what were my purchases on this very short NON shopping trip up to this point?

Basin $19
UniQlo $101
Sports Goofy $114
Church $69
Levis $86
Disney's Character Warehouse $122

Yes, 2 pairs of jeans, and then over $100 worth of products at the Disney outlet. I'd wanted some scarves, because I like being warm, and I hate being cold, so I found some there instead of anywhere else for WAY more $$, plus an Olaf pillow pet, a Princess bag (worth it for carry on or an overnight size), a couple of colouring books that I gave away to students as prizes, a couple of mugs, a Halloween t-shirt that I was going to wear to the Halloween party that night, and a cute eye mask.

I stopped at DT... Disney Springs on the way back. I wanted a Halloween headband and I was hoping to get Earl of Sandwich for lunch. I love EoS and it is only at a Disney Park that I can eat it. We don't have any nearby. No EoS as the line was too long, and then I spend another $37 on a headband and some magnets.

I got back to the resort, dumped my heavy bags in my room and ran down for some lunch. I was hungry! But not hungry enough to slow down for pictures. Not stop, but slow down.

from raw-0044 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0045 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I got a cheese pizza and a side salad. It was ok. It filled the spot.

from raw-0048 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I think this must be my booth.

from raw-0049 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Then I went back to pack up my things. I was out of there pretty early the next morning (probably 4 ish because my flight was 8 ish) and it would be a late night. This is what happened.

P_20161023_141542 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I could not close my little carry on! Oops! What's a girl to do? I have to get ready for the Halloween Party, but I have to pack and take things home.... so I ran down to the store and bought a new suitcase... and $193 of other things, so yes, I spent $400 in a few minutes at the store. ($392) I have a problem. It's a Disney shopping problem. In Spain, I bought literally two pairs of pants and 3 t-shirts (one of which was a Disney shirt), a few pens, books and earrings. Nothing much. Then I found a Disney store.... and you can imagine. I had to curb that one because I only had a back pack and I was NOT buying a suitcase there.

To be fair to me though, I bought about $170 worth of gifts for other people including pencils for the two grade two French classes that turned into $50 worth of pens. And I'm not even factoring in the exchange rate!

Here I am all dressed up for the party:

P_20161023_145011 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I forgot my cute little Mickey bat Halloween scarf that I'd purchased at the outlet for $2.99. Oh well.

P_20161023_145247_BF by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And I'd hoped the shirt was a little longer, I was a little uncomfortable in leggings that didn't hind my behind. I normally wear them under dresses or exceptionally long sweaters. It's my own personal comfort. Oh well again.

I'd found the pants at home.

P_20161023_145309 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Here is the CM that was so helpful all weekend. She kept giving me Halloween Party tips each time we chatted. I asked if we could take a picture together because she was so sweet. I love CMs that love what they do.

P_20161023_150844 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And then I was off to the party.

(But yes, I'd gone back to my room to finish packing!)

Jeepers, I'm sorry those pictures are so big, you don't need to see a giant ME. I may need to go back and make them smaller. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

You always give me the disney bug bad haha! My husband isn't too interested in going anytime soon so we have other trips planned. Might just have to take my brother again! I love your outfit, can't wait to see what you got up to at the party. I've been a few times and it's always a fun time, especially the parade!

ps my Dad loves Goofy too! Must be a Dad thing. :p:groom:

Just stumbled upon your TR and following along. You must be from PEI? We're in Nova Scotia now, but I grew up in NB and took a few awesome family trips to the island! Then when I was in school in Sackville, NB it was so easy to pop over for a weekend that DF and I enjoyed quite a few trips. He's a spray paint artist and he stills does a few shows in Charlottetown and Summerside when he gets the chance.

Looking forward to seeing your party report! I've never been but have always hoped to fit it in some year. We've only ever done the Christmas party so far.

Just told DH we need to go to the outlet mall. He is shaking his head :)

Hee hee! I love the outlet mall. Especially the Disney Character warehouse. I do love the Levi's store and the shoe stores... I should find a picture and see if I can share it. It's of the Golden Girls (my sister, her sister in law/my friend and me) with our purchases...

You always give me the disney bug bad haha! My husband isn't too interested in going anytime soon so we have other trips planned. Might just have to take my brother again! I love your outfit, can't wait to see what you got up to at the party. I've been a few times and it's always a fun time, especially the parade!

ps my Dad loves Goofy too! Must be a Dad thing. :p:groom:

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing to you, getting that bug! Hahahaha I will take it as a compliment. :) Goofy must be a Dad thing... or at least a goofy Dad thing. :) And I so loved the parade... You'll see.

I am totally cracking up with all your shopping. I have had to buy a suitcase at Disney before too.

Hee hee. I'm glad I'm not the only one! At least you never have to pay exchange or duty/customs fees when you go home though!

Just stumbled upon your TR and following along. You must be from PEI? We're in Nova Scotia now, but I grew up in NB and took a few awesome family trips to the island! Then when I was in school in Sackville, NB it was so easy to pop over for a weekend that DF and I enjoyed quite a few trips. He's a spray paint artist and he stills does a few shows in Charlottetown and Summerside when he gets the chance.

Looking forward to seeing your party report! I've never been but have always hoped to fit it in some year. We've only ever done the Christmas party so far.

Welcome! It's nice to have someone from close to home join in! I had never done a party, this was my very first one. :)

Jeepers! I can't believe it's been over a month since I've updated my TR! If anyone is still here I'll slowly keep updating...

In the past month, I've gone to Edmonton to meet the triplets! (Woohoo!) and I surprised three of my nieces and nephews and went to Florida for the weekend with them. Yes, I did it again! I decided to fly out with them for a few days and they stayed for two weeks. Sadly, no Disney, but I did get a weekend of Universal Studios with them! :) I can fill you all in later with that. I probably won't bother with a whole TR.

I was really excited to be getting on the bus and heading to the MK. It had been over a year!

from raw-0050 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The Magic Kingdom name flickered to this, and got me even giddier!

from raw-0051 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I tried, (well, probably a little late) but did not succeed:

from raw-0056 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I always take a picture of the GF from here. I have been in love with the Grand Floridian since the Full House Walt Disney World episodes. I really think that WDW should sell DVDs/Blurays of all the tv shows that filmed episodes at WDW or DL. I'd buy them! Full House, Roseanne, did Blossom?, Modern Family... I'm sure there are others. That would be a fun boxed set to buy! And then rewatch before every trip! I'm on to something... Disney, are you listening? Hahahaha

from raw-0058 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0059 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Monorail siting!

from raw-0060 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0061 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I really do love the GF. I stayed there once, and one day I'll stay again. If I ever find the right man and he wants to propose, be sure to tell him that I'd rather a smaller diamond and a honeymoon at the GF please! Hahahaha

from raw-0062 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was just feeling the Disney excitement as I saw some pumpkins!

from raw-0064 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

For the first time EVER, I was using this entrance/gate/turnstile...

from raw-0065 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Even in line at Sports, I was chatting with people who had some really cool costumes. I went for a Halloween theme, but no costume. If I'd booked the trip earlier, maybe I'd have gone with a costume, but I was kind of last minute. One family was from Inside Out. A woman beside me on the bus made her own dress and was Giselle from Enchanted!

from raw-0066 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0067 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

oh boy oh boy oh boy! I was in my Happy Place!

from raw-0068 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I needed to find a Photopass photographer to have a picture taken. I'd wanted to take as many pictures as possible and wanted to get the MM one day deal, but you had to only buy it that actual day. It took a little while before it came up but I was able to do it in the end.

from raw-0069 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I turned around to get this shot right away, because I didn't want to forget later on! (The guy in the red must be leaving, he has my face when I'm leaving! LOL)

from raw-0070 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0073 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0074 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I wanted to take pictures of everything, even more than usual!

from raw-0075 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0076 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0077 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0078 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I stopped for a second to listen to the Dapper Dans...

from raw-0080 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0083 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0086 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Back to the decorations...

from raw-0088 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0089 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0090 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

FINALLY! I AM HOME!

from raw-0091 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I looked at this beauty and found a photopass photographer.

from raw-0097 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0099-2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The photographer asked me to wait a second, but the people to my left (right of the picture) just stopped there and didn't want to move. Oh well. It's not like you ever get a picture with no one else on Main Street! It was just an odd spot for them to stop.

MK_MSCONFEC_20161023_7839101002 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I have an awful lot of Tinkerbell pictures. I love the Magic Shots and I wish there were more!

MK_MSCONFEC_20161023_7839101006 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I noticed around then that I'd forgot my Mickey Mouse/Spider Web scarf I'd bought at the outlet. I was hoping it wasn't going to be too cold because I didn't have a sweater, or even my little scarf!

The photographer then reminded me to go through the special entrance to get my trick or treat bag, so I did. I had forgotten, or I hadn't noticed it was open or something. I just was on a mission to find the photographer I guess. It took a bit for the pictures to upload, but as soon as they did, I purchased the one day Memory Maker offer. I like that! It's perfect for a party.

from raw-0101 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0102 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0104 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0105 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I got my bag and stopped for some pictures of/at the statues. They are so cute!

from raw-0106 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0108 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK_ROVERADVENTURE1_20161023_7839107539 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

This photographer took a whole bunch of pictures of me! I was feeling a little embarrassed by the end of it! LOL He even asked me to hold up my camera. I guess he figured it was usually in my hands in the parks!

MK_ROVERADVENTURE1_20161023_7839107538 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0109 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0110 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Do you see what's missing? LOL

MK_ROVERMAINSTREET_20161023_7839141841 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0112 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I stopped to snap some more pictures of the beautiful castle!

from raw-0117 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0120 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0121 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0122 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0124 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0126 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0128 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0129 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0130 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0131 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Hope you don't mind all these castle shots!

from raw-0133 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0134 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was just feeling wonderful in MK! I had been able to make one FP+ selection and I was hoping to ride a few rides before the party started, because I wasn't really planning to do much else. Shows, parades, fireworks etc! (I was planning to watch the parade twice and the Sanderson Sisters twice too!)

Nice pictures!! Can't wait to see the rest of your party. We're finally able to go for the first time this year now that the parties are starting in August. :)

Nice pictures!! Can't wait to see the rest of your party. We're finally able to go for the first time this year now that the parties are starting in August. :)

Thanks! I really enjoyed the party and I would easily go back. :) If I were going when I was originally hoping (Aug 20-27, but now I'm Aug 7-15), then I'd have gone again I'm sure!

I love all your pictures and your outfit is so cute! If you were going your original August dates we could have had a Dis meet, we arrive on 8/26-9/4 so we are doing a party on 8/29. I am really excited I love the Halloween party! Waiting to hear more about your evening!

I love all your pictures and your outfit is so cute! If you were going your original August dates we could have had a Dis meet, we arrive on 8/26-9/4 so we are doing a party on 8/29. I am really excited I love the Halloween party! Waiting to hear more about your evening!

Oh too bad we can't! I've never actually had a real Dis Meet... well, unless you count my lunch at Club 33! That was just beyond amazing, so it's hard to count that... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter