Dorothy goes to MNSSHP!!! A quickie trip to WDW update 10/23

Introductions:

Who? Me! Tina the Disney Freak! Also known as Dorothy since I take trips with Rose and Blanche, the other Golden Girls.

Here I am in the middle with the other GGs. Blanche doesn't like when I share her pictures, so I try to do something silly to block her out. The other is my sister, Julie, who we call Rose for the TRs.

20150819_091055 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I am a French Immersion teacher, having done kindergarten for six years, but recently skipped grade one and I'm now teaching grade two. It's a huge change, but there are definitely a few pluses! I love all things Disney (except, sadly Tron and Nightmare Before Christmas just didn't cut it for me), Harry Potter and photography. I love to travel, and this summer I hiked the Camino de Santiago in Northern Spain. That's why I didn't get my Disney fix this summer. I have a huge family (9 siblings, 18 going on 21 nieces and nephews, numerous aunts, uncles and cousins etc) and I am very huggy and friendly most of the time. I don't often pick favourites - I couldn't even pick a fave NKOTB when I was a teenager, but apparently I can now name 2 Disney movies I didn't like. LOL

When? Oct 21-24. Literally. 2 days. In Florida. That's it!

Why? Why NOT? Well, mainly because I needed a fix, and I wanted to do the Halloween Party.

Where? Three nights at All Star Sports in a preferred room. It was the only value that was available at all!

Here we go!

Normally on Friday afternoons, I meet with the amazing teacher who has the other grade 2 FI class. We meet for HOURS on Friday afternoon and we plan out the following week together. She is incredible and has made my life so much easier, yet harder at the same time. It's hard to live up to her expertise! A parent called her a goddess, so those are big shoes to fill! Thankfully, that week, there were only three days of school because Thursday and Friday was our annual provincial convention. So we didn't have to meet as long on Thursday, because we only had 3 days to plan! I had to plan for the substitute on Monday as well, so that I had to stay extra late to finish up, and then get home to finish packing!

Friday morning, I got up extra early, got all my bags packed and left at the door. I was only taking a carry on because it was a short trip, right? I wasn't planning to shop much.... but if you've read my other TRs, you know how much I can shop. I kept telling myself I really wouldn't buy much. So I left my bag at the door, with my big camera bag in the carry on bag, and my little camera in the "personal item" bag. Then went off to school. I had my mom drop me off so I wouldn't have to worry about my car. First, she took me to the only bank machine in town where I can withdraw money in US$. It is so handy, and I like to have a little cash for tips when I land.

I hadn't even told my class I was going! (but the other teacher told hers... she asked them to watch me to see if I seemed excited!) I managed to get through the day ok, then sent the students on their way. Two of my sisters have kids at my school, so the one who lives with me agreed to wait a few minutes longer for me and she would drive me to the airport. I was literally hopping through the hallways after the kids left, while getting my jacket and my purse. A few teachers asked what was up, and I said that I was leaving for Florida NOW! They couldn't believe it. I was going to WDW for the weekend. (And I live in Eastern Canada, people!)

My sister, my brother in law and their two girls (my 21 yo nephew was working. He used to sleep over every time I'd go to WDW and go with me to the airport.) dropped me off at the airport. The girls gave me tons of hugs and asked all kinds of questions. The older one gets a little nervous and worries,asking me about hurricanes and thunder storms. In the end she asked me to record lightening if I saw any so that she would learn that it's not too scary. She keeps saying she doesn't want to go to Florida because they have tornadoes, hurricanes and lightening. After a few minutes, they left and I was through security... within 45 minutes of classes being out (or maybe a little less... school is close to the airport) . I still had another hour before boarding! I guess I was a little eager. I never travel at this time as I usually try to fly in the mornings, so I had no clue what the lines would be. It's a small airport, but still.

Soon I shared these two pictures:

P_20161021_151243 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161021_151253_BF by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And this comment : "I am at the airport. Three guesses where I am going and the first two don't count!" on Facebook.

Some people were seriously surprised. Others were like "it must have something to do with Disney!"

P_20161021_155534 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

That was my little plane. I didn't pay extra to pick my seats early because I figured I was flying solo, so why bother! And then this was my view.

P_20161021_163654 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr P_20161021_163706 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161021_163959 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161021_164005 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161021_172206 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Watching the sun go down.

P_20161021_181522 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

For some reason, I couldn't remember landing this close to the water in YUL. It made me a little nervous, and I'm not a nervous flyer!

P_20161021_183214 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I don't think we left late, but for some reason we landed a little late. I was only supposed to have an hour in Montreal, so I was really nervous. I was almost not going to bother rushing to get to my gate, but I did. When you fly from PEI through Montreal, you have to go a ways through the airport, then through US Customs, then through US Security, then find your gate again. I had less than an hour, so I was scared! I rushed, but didn't run, and managed to get through everything in time! I made it to the gate as they were doing their final boarding call. There were still about five people behind me.

The flights were fine, no food. No snacks even, but there were drinks. I was fine with that, I'd brought food to munch on, and I'd asked my sister to bring me a PBB (peanut butter and banana) sandwich when she picked me up. I ate it in the car. LOL Flight landed fine, I'd had a lovely flight chatting with the sweet lady beside me. She was a lawyer with a one year old who lives about 45 minutes from MCO. Very nice woman.

I took the faux-no-rail to the B side to catch the DME, but no waiting for luggage because I didn't have any!

See my cute bag?

P_20161021_221811 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Pretty quiet at 10 pm.

P_20161021_222702 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I took my little camera out (my big one was underneath the bus, I really shouldn't have done that!) to get the sign.

from raw-04335 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04336 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Just one hotel stop before mine!

from raw-04338 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04341 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I really want to stay at all the Disney hotels. I've stayed at all the values. (Pop X 4, the All Stars each once, but this was my second time at Sports, AoA for two nights on two different trips in a Little Mermaid room, Port Orleans French Quarter once and POR twice. Then once at the GF as well. I still have a lot to go!)

Once at Sports, I got in the online check in line...

from raw-04344 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

and got ignored.

from raw-04345 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So after they waited on two people and no one even acknowledged me, I got in the normal line. No big deal, but don't have two lines if you're going to not have someone taking guests at the second line.

from raw-04346 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I couldn't believe I was there!

from raw-04347 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And I sure couldn't believe I was there for the Halloween party!

from raw-04348 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was hungry, so I grabbed a Disney staple. Some chicken nuggets. I'm not a foodie, and I love chicken nuggets. They are special Disney chicken nuggets. All things are special at Disney. They sprinkle special Disney pixie dust or something on them to make them even better. I got them to go, bought a mug (not a good deal, but I like getting them!), and tried to decide how I was going to get ketchup up to my room. There was a CM who helped and she went to the pizza pick up window and they got me a little salad dish with a lid, so I put ketchup in that.

I took some pictures of the nuggets with my phone to send the other GGs, and with my camera because I'm like that.

P_20161021_235236 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04349 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

They were good, but I usually share with Blanche, so I couldn't eat them all. I put them in the fridge for later.

Top floor in the football section.

P_20161022_000454 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Before I even started eating, I turned the tv on to Stacey!

from raw-04350 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04351 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04352 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04353 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04354 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-04355 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

After snapping some mandatory room pictures, I was off to dream of being at Walt Disney World, because I couldn't believe I was there!

joining in! I was there then too. I went to the party on the 21,(i was staying at CSR) but then we sailed on the Fantasy on Sat so we were just two ships passing in the night.

joining in! I was there then too. I went to the party on the 21,(i was staying at CSR) but then we sailed on the Fantasy on Sat so we were just two ships passing in the night.

Oh so close! I love that you used the two ships... when you were heading on a cruise! Hahahaha

You made it this year, how exciting for you, we were there in October as well, we loved the MNSSHP! Excited to hear about your trip.

Oh my gosh, I loved MNSSHP! It was incredible! I wish I could have gone more than once!

Following. My boss hiked the Camino this summer too!

Thanks for joining! Did your boss do the French way? I wonder if we ever crossed paths.

Hi everyone,

This is just like me, I start something because I'm a little stressed... it was report card and interview week. I hope to get an update tomorrow, or Tuesday! Sorry about that. :)

Oct 22, 2016

I hadn't set an alarm, but I was still up fairly early. I guess I love my Mickey waffles and I was really excited to get some!

My room number... I usually try to remember to take a picture because I forget from trip to trip. I love top floor rooms, and honestly, most of the time I love taking the stairs. I'm not a fitness freak, I'm a Disney Freak, so it has nothing to do with that!

The plan that day was to get up, have Mickey waffles, take pictures around the All Star Resorts, head to Downt... Disney Springs, maybe visit another resort or two... watch the movie at one of the All Stars, and then sleep. We'll see what I accomplished!

from raw-9770 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The view outside my room, and looking to the right.

from raw-9771 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

To the left...

from raw-9772 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Seriously, if I could afford Disney trips monthly, I would do it! But then again, there are so many other places I really want to get to... it's tough to have such an expensive obsession...

from raw-9773 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9775 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9777 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9778 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9780 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9781 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Have I mentioned that I love palm trees?

from raw-9783 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9784 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I mean... I really love palm trees.

from raw-9785 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9786 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9787 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And Mickey waffles... I love Mickey waffles.

P_20161022_074858 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9788 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My father's "idol" was always Goofy. So Goofy always makes me remember my Dad, making me happy and sad all in one.

from raw-9789 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9790 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

hmmm.... this is from my cell.... I wonder if the time was off, or just that I was already back in my room?

P_20161022_081531_HDR by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9791 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9793 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9794 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9795 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I decided it was Saturday morning, and Disney Springs might be busy later on, so I'd rather go earlier than later.

from raw-9796 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9801 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

But not without checking out my resort gift shop... uh, Hullo? It's me!

from raw-9809 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

But this was not a shopping trip... I would not be shopping... I would not be shopping...

from raw-9812 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9813 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was planning on buying a scarf, but I wasn't sure which one.... so I took pictures to think it over... 2 for $36.

from raw-9815 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I took even more merchandise pictures, some for my sisters who had asked me to pick things up for them. I needed to show them the pictures because one wanted a wallet for her daughter, and the other wanted a mug.

from raw-9818 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9826 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9827 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I got in the mini line for Disney Springs.

from raw-9828 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Saw the bus.

from raw-9829 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9830 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And promptly turned around! It was only 9:12, and the shops only opened at 10 am.

Love your traveling style! Wish I could do an impromptu weekend trip (unfortunately I now live on the West Coast so not possible). We haven't stayed anywhere else other than Boardwalk Villas but have always wanted to try out the All Star resorts or Pop Century. Would def save a lot if I could convince my kids (they love the ability of walking to HS or Epcot, their favorite parks).

Enjoying your pics :thumbsup2 Anxious to see how much you bought at Disney Springs!

Love your traveling style! Wish I could do an impromptu weekend trip (unfortunately I now live on the West Coast so not possible). We haven't stayed anywhere else other than Boardwalk Villas but have always wanted to try out the All Star resorts or Pop Century. Would def save a lot if I could convince my kids (they love the ability of walking to HS or Epcot, their favorite parks).

Enjoying your pics :thumbsup2 Anxious to see how much you bought at Disney Springs!

Hee hee! My travelling style can change even within a day. I can have planned a commando style day and then switch to relaxing. I guess I`m very impulsive, or adaptable to how I`m feeling at any given time. BWV would be amazing to visit! I love all Disney resorts, but honestly, the values feel most like home... because I`ve stayed there the most I guess. :) I often say, that I could stay in a deluxe, but then I can only stay a few days compared to a week in a value... or more. But I love the deluxes! Maybe later, when I have less debt. LOL

I had my nails done for the first time, (gel) and it's hard to type... let's see if I can upload a picture ... (they are Disney related... well one finger is!)

P_20161126_164546 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

First time I uploaded a picture directly from my cell. Not too hard to do... But they are so adorable! Even if they make me kind of useless in some ways. LOL

Oct 22, 2016

When we left off, I had just turned around and did not get on the Disney Springs bus.

from raw-9831 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I really wished I'd reset my time on my phone and camera to make them match. Oh well, can't change that now, but it does affect when I do my TR.

from raw-9833 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Took this picture for my niece. She ate these so many times in 2014. Eugh. I don't even like them! And I love croissants.

from raw-9834 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9836 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9837 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I love fun CMs. She posed when I was taking the above picture, so I had her do it again.

from raw-9838 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Then I decided to sit by the pool. It wasn't hot out, which was confusing to me! I found it kind of cool. When I went to breakfast, I wore my sweater.

from raw-9839 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9840 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9841 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I took this picture because it reminded me of the Camino... I see shells all the time now!

from raw-9842 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9844 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Just a pretty place to be. I was just sitting, reading on my phone (kobo app) and relaxing.

from raw-9846 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161022_093501 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161022_093504 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

P_20161022_093541_BF by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was happily enjoying my time relaxing. I was happy to have taken this little break. I was happy to be enjoying better weather than home. I was ecstatic to be in Florida!

from raw-9847 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And by 9:45 I was getting on the bus to head to DS. Disney Springs.

I'm here!

Enjoying it so far!! A weekend in WDW for a halloween party! Heck yes!!!
MAN THAT PLANE IS TINY!! I would not like that at all!! Are most of the flights out of PEI like that?!

Yay for being in Orlando, and having no luggage to pick up, that's the best!!

Sports seems to have some newer decorations up...the pictures have the new mickey mouse clubhouse style animation in them...weird...I don't know how I feel about that!

Looks like a great first half day!! I'm slightly confused on that High temperature conversion though...77F is definitely not 55C....

Can't wait to read more!

I'm here!

Enjoying it so far!! A weekend in WDW for a halloween party! Heck yes!!!
MAN THAT PLANE IS TINY!! I would not like that at all!! Are most of the flights out of PEI like that?!

Yay for being in Orlando, and having no luggage to pick up, that's the best!!

Sports seems to have some newer decorations up...the pictures have the new mickey mouse clubhouse style animation in them...weird...I don't know how I feel about that!

Looks like a great first half day!! I'm slightly confused on that High temperature conversion though...77F is definitely not 55C....

Can't wait to read more!

:) Yep, most planes out of Charlottetown are that small. Some even smaller. I know, some of the animation pictures around the resort are not as 'traditional' as I like, but they weren't too bad.

um... that is hilarious about the temperature conversion! I never even noticed that! Snapped a picture and walked away. I think someone still mixes up their 2s and 5s! (I see that a lot in school...)

Oct 22, 2016 Part 3: Downtown.... Er... Disney Springs!

We left off when I was getting on the bus to Disney Springs. I loved DTD, especially the Marketplace so I was looking forward to spending a little time there. I had purchased a special plan with my cell company that gave me unlimited calls from the US for 3 days, so I called up my sister Dorothy. It was funny because at one point, I'd said to her "Hey, I know where I am, if we turned left, we'd be right near Pop Century..." and then we did and we passed by Pop. Hahaha. I've never driven in Florida, but I guess I'd been there enough to recognise some landmarks.

Before long, I was seeing signs of the new Disney Springs.

from raw-9851 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I can't even remember if we stopped here, but I think so.

from raw-9852 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9854 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I liked the tower.

from raw-9855 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

First impression was good, I like palm trees. (It's mandatory homework for my students when they go south: Hug a palm tree! Usually they take a picture to give me. LOL)

from raw-9858 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9859 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9860 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I liked it, but it didn't feel Disney to me. It felt a lot like the outlet malls. (Which I like, but I love when I get back to Disney!)

from raw-9866 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9867 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9868 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9869 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I liked the Uniqlo store. Especially their Disney selection. I didn't buy anything because she said they didn't ship to the resort and I didn't want to carry anything around with me. I loved looking at the winter items... I live in Canada and I don't like cold, so I need sweaters!

from raw-9870 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I walked around outside the Lego store... I don't usually go in there, but I like to see what they've made out of Lego!

from raw-9871 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9872 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9873 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I spent some time in one of my favourite stores!

from raw-9875 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9878 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was sad to see the skeletons gone, they brought many a laugh to me after they terrified my sister! I was happy spitting Stitch was still there... I had many a laugh over her not knowing that it was him spitting water on her as I kept telling her to take a picture for me and trying to get her to step right where he was aiming... hee hee

from raw-9883 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9884 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I browsed around many of the shops, but didn't really buy much. I bought a few things at Basin.

from raw-9894 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Didn't even buy anything here:

from raw-9895 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Then I went to Goofy's candy...

from raw-9905 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9909 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9917 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And I'm sitting her thinking they probably have chocolate covered pineapple in there and wondering why I didn't buy any!

from raw-9919 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9920 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I did buy my design your own Mickey rice crispy treat. I always get milk chocolate, oreo and drizzled in white chocolate.

from raw-9922 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I love Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich but I wanted to try something new for lunch!

I thought I had already joined in on your TR but see I haven't! I definitely do not like those smaller planes - those propellers make me SO nervous lol

Disney Springs looks so much better - can't wait to visit hopefully next year! Love your pic at Goofy's Candy ;) I can't tell if you've grown taller or shrunk since your last visit - j/k!! Cute pic :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter