• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers (AKA Triple D's/Duckies/The Ducks) Dashing into 2010

I know I've been mia lately.....way too much going on between work and new grandbabies, but I wanted to wish all of you that are doing the WDW Marathon races good luck. Hope you have decent weather and loads of fun!!

Getting ready to get in the truck and head 3 hours north - next stop Expo. Can't believe this weekend is already here - its gonna be an adventure. Goofy #2 here I come

Congrats to all of the Ducks who did the half, full, or goofy this weekend! It was wonderful to meet Joe and Augie. :goodvibes Had a blast riding ToT with you guys and watching the parade and Wishes. Maybe we can do it again next year. :rolleyes1

Haven't been around in quite awhile - I am a regular on a running board - but I wanted to say congrats to everyone who was out there this weekend!

Congrats on your runs, races, medals, and times. :thumbsup2

Cheers, Deb

Hello Ducks, had a great time this weekend! Nice weather and great to meet up with fellow Ducks Liz, Carissa, and Joe. Congratulations to all who finished!

Hey Ducks! Congratulations to all who participated in this weekends races! My half ended up being quite a bit slower than I thought it would be. A combination of things made it a rough running day for me. I finished in 3:04:32. My slowest half of the three I've done. But, I'm still proud that I did it. It was wonderful spending the weekend with my dear friend Carissa. And it was such fun hanging with Augie and Joe on Saturday night. Overall it was a fantastic weekend and it was overwith too soon! I can't wait to do it again!!!

Hello Ducks, had a great time this weekend! Nice weather and great to meet up with fellow Ducks Liz, Carissa, and Joe. Congratulations to all who finished!

:goodvibes

Hey Ducks! Congratulations to all who participated in this weekends races! My half ended up being quite a bit slower than I thought it would be. A combination of things made it a rough running day for me. I finished in 3:04:32. My slowest half of the three I've done. But, I'm still proud that I did it. It was wonderful spending the weekend with my dear friend Carissa. And it was such fun hanging with Augie and Joe on Saturday night. Overall it was a fantastic weekend and it was overwith too soon! I can't wait to do it again!!!

:hug: I loved spending the weekend with you too! And you did great considering the circumstances. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Glad to see the Duck reports coming in, post-marathon weekend.

Sounds like everyone had a GREAT time, even if you didn't get on the ToT! ;)

Was the weather good? (As you can tell, I didn't even check...we had 14 inches of white stuff up here over the weekend, so I had my own weather issues... :scared1:)

Liz - Hope you had no injuries, but maybe just more walking than expected.

Carissa - How was your virgin Half experience? :banana:

Augie - Hope all went well with your finish. Anymore Disney running plans for you?

Joe - How did you and your daughter fair in the 5K? Was her t-shirt deservedly earned? And did you half go well?

And other Ducks? Any reports? Any quacks?

Hey Renee!

I'd say it was a learning experience. As with Liz, a combination of things made for a rough running day. I plan on doing a trip report of the weekend. I ended up with a much slower time than I was hoping for (based on my 10 mile training run, I should have finished in under 2:45, but ended up with 3:16), but I did finish and I'm glad for that. If there's a next time, I'm sure I'll do better. :thumbsup2

Hi Ducks I survived the Gooy once again. I am extremely happy with my races. I did better than I expected. I will post a whole race report when I get home. We are heading home today. :-(

Great job Ducks

Congratulations Tricia! You Goofy folks are inspiring. I think there was no way I could have run the second day. I felt alright Saturday night, but waking Sunday the legs were a bit sore. Waking Monday seemed worse. They are a little better today, and I am planning on doing a 10 mile race this Saturday. Which might get postponed due to the expected snow. It was supposed to be the same day as the Half but was postponed due to Friday's snow. But it is co-sponsered by a local brewery, so that is a good incentive....

Renee, I am thinking of the EE challange this May. Most likely will do the W&D. And if I can get more running in (meaning training) I might try the Full next year. But one way or another I will be back next January.

Congratulations Tricia! You Goofy folks are inspiring. I think there was no way I could have run the second day. I felt alright Saturday night, but waking Sunday the legs were a bit sore. Waking Monday seemed worse. They are a little better today, and I am planning on doing a 10 mile race this Saturday. Which might get postponed due to the expected snow. It was supposed to be the same day as the Half but was postponed due to Friday's snow. But it is co-sponsered by a local brewery, so that is a good incentive....

:drinking1 I agree! Good luck :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter