Dolphin or AKL?

bellman

Earning My Ears
Which would you do the Dolphin or AKL at Thanksgiving? I have the reservations at both now and can't decide which to cancel.

I have not stayed at Dolphin but just stayed at Swan so I will assume they are very similar. Swan was very nice and we enjoyed Palio's. I like AKL especailly if you get a Savannah view. I would choose AKL just for that reason. If you don't care about that, the Swan/Dolphin give you excellent location and access to many dining options. Tough call.

I have never stayed at the Dolphin, but haved stayed at AKL.

We loved the animals at AKL. The pool area was very nice and we reallly enjoyed the storytellers.

Wow, that is a tough choice, as we have stayed at both and we love both.

Because it is Thanksgiving...I would choose the resort by what you are going to do...where you are eating and whether or not you have a car to get around during this very busy time.

If you stay at the Dolphin, Tubbi's is open 24 hours a day, the food is very good if you need a middle of the night snack, and like you already mentioned you have a ton of food choices within a few minute walk or boat ride of your resort. You get those wonderful soaps, newspaper and if you need it and your laptop is set up correctly fast internet access.

Now, at AKL, the middle of the night thrill is standing on your balcony, watching the animals under the moonlight...I can do this for hours. The balconies are so close you can hear the cattles antlers as they play, the grass crunching under the zebras feet and them chewing their food. We can stay at the AKL and never leave the resort because it is so relaxing, we love the pool area, and the restaurants. Also, when we have taken a bus from there..it really hasn't been a problem at all.

Either resort you choose, I am sure you will have a great time.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter