Dolphin Encounter or not?

ga9497

DIS Veteran
We will be on our first Disney cruise (we have cruise other lines before) this summer on a 3 night

Is the Dolphin Encounter worth it or should we just enjoy the ship. We aren't interested in getting off the ship in Nassau unless we decide to do this excursion. We have been to Nassau before. How is the beach at Blue Lagoon?

Since we don't have a sea day would you stay on the ship and enjoy everything there?

Does Palo offer afternoon tea and a brunch on the 3 night?

My DD 12 and DS 15 and I did the encounter on the 04/04/04 4day Wonder cruise...My DD is a huge fan of dolphins and to see the look on her face as she finally got to interact with one was worth it. But then when the dolphin decided to pick on my DS, well I had to buy the video also. For myself, 46 y/o male..well the joy for me was seeing the smiles on my kids faces...knowing what I know now..if it was just me...I would not do it. As for the beach...we did not really get to use it as we went back on the first boat back (2 pm I think)..but it looked very nice....a couple things to know...lunch is furnished...but takes forever in line...wet suits are provided..there are small lockers free to use...there is a web site for the place...just do a google search under dolphin encounter nassau...any other questions...don't be afraid to ask....

tawasdave said:
My DD 12 and DS 15 and I did the encounter on the 04/04/04 4day Wonder cruise...My DD is a huge fan of dolphins and to see the look on her face as she finally got to interact with one was worth it. But then when the dolphin decided to pick on my DS, well I had to buy the video also. For myself, 46 y/o male..well the joy for me was seeing the smiles on my kids faces...knowing what I know now..if it was just me...I would not do it. As for the beach...we did not really get to use it as we went back on the first boat back (2 pm I think)..but it looked very nice....a couple things to know...lunch is furnished...but takes forever in line...wet suits are provided..there are small lockers free to use...there is a web site for the place...just do a google search under dolphin encounter nassau...any other questions...don't be afraid to ask....
I am wondering about the cost. I know it is 113.00pp for the Dolphin Encounter but on their website it states 20.00 just to watch. OK, reasonable, but if I want to book directly thru DCL, can I pay for 2 with one watching ($243.00) and for the one watching does that include transports and lunch?
Hope this isn't confusing, but I dont want to pay 300 if one of us isn't going to "encounter"!

Any/All help is Much appreciated!
:confused3

Our family did the encounter 12/10/04 (on the Wonder) and it was well worth every penny. My 6yr son had the time of his life and he said that was the highlight of the entire trip for him. The water was cold, but ... The trainers have the dolphins do so much fun stuff with you and they took a fabulous family portrait with a dolphin kissing my son. We would do it again in a heartbeat. E-mail me if you would like to see the pic.

Enjoy your trip. It was our first as well and we are SOLD on Disney.

Julie

Deedz..I am not sure how that would work..sorry..hope someone else can help!!

We booked the dolphin encounter directly through Dolphin encounters in Nassau. My husband and five year old daughter did the encounter while the rest of the family did the actual swim. It was pricy but we enjoyed every second of it. Even my husband enjoyed the encounter and he is afraid of the water and can't swim! We did not get lunch booking this way, I think you do when you book with Disney(?) We are going again this month. :goodvibes
The pictures turned out great! The kids really like to show off their dolphin kiss!

couponluvr said:
Our family did the encounter 12/10/04 (on the Wonder) and it was well worth every penny. My 6yr son had the time of his life and he said that was the highlight of the entire trip for him. The water was cold, but ... The trainers have the dolphins do so much fun stuff with you and they took a fabulous family portrait with a dolphin kissing my son. We would do it again in a heartbeat. E-mail me if you would like to see the pic.

Julie

Julie- I just sent you a PM, also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter