Dollar Tree store

momof5boys

Mouseketeer
Anybody go to this store? I had to go there yest. to pick up particular cups for DS 5th grade farewell and I found $1 swim masks!:cool1: The store I went to is small so today I went to a big one 15 mins away and practically bought them out of swim masks. These are not the small goggles but the masks that cover your nose. I usually spend $7 each for 5 of them(my kids don't like to hold there noses) so it gets expensive. I also bought a bunch of pool toys. My kids break everything anyway so spending a buck on stuff makes me feel better!:thumbsup2

There are plenty of Dollar Trees in my area and I shop there a lot.

Some stuff at Dollar Tree is quite a bargain for a buck, while some stuff is not worth the buck they charge. Like any other store, you need to look carefully at the quality before you buy.

I typically get disposable cups and plates, bottled water, soap, deodorant, and kitchen utensils at Dollar Tree. Sometimes I will pick up a few food items as well. And there's no place better to shop for cheap holiday decorations and wrapping paper.

I was in our Dollar Tree yesterday and they had soo much pool stuff! They had a ton of spider man ,shrek, bratz and strawberry shortcake rafts and rings! I saw the masks but my kids are picky with there glasses so wasn't sure if it was good or not?

There are plenty of Dollar Trees in my area and I shop there a lot.

Some stuff at Dollar Tree is quite a bargain for a buck, while some stuff is not worth the buck they charge. Like any other store, you need to look carefully at the quality before you buy.

I typically get disposable cups and plates, bottled water, soap, deodorant, and kitchen utensils at Dollar Tree. Sometimes I will pick up a few food items as well. And there's no place better to shop for cheap holiday decorations and wrapping paper.

I have been thinking we should start a thread about what's good at dollar tree and what isn't, because the works toilet bowl cleaner is wonderful, but I bought the Mister Plummer stuff to unclog a drain and it didn't work at all.

Unlike those OTHERS with dollar in their name....yet, everything is NOT just $1.
How is that?

i luv dollar tree! espically when i can find disney items there! has anyone seen the pooh/princess/tink pencils and markers? i bought some for my nieces and myself!

also, has anyone tried that awesome cleaner? fabulous!

Anybody go to this store? I had to go there yest. to pick up particular cups for DS 5th grade farewell and I found $1 swim masks!:cool1: The store I went to is small so today I went to a big one 15 mins away and practically bought them out of swim masks. These are not the small goggles but the masks that cover your nose. I usually spend $7 each for 5 of them(my kids don't like to hold there noses) so it gets expensive. I also bought a bunch of pool toys. My kids break everything anyway so spending a buck on stuff makes me feel better!:thumbsup2

Which DT do you go to? The one on Lehigh St is a little cluttered for me so I usually go to the one in Trexlertown. If I'm looking for something that one store is out of, then I also go to the one on Cedar Crest Blvd & Tilghman or the one up in Whitehall by Sports Authority. I'm always on the lookout for another DT store to search through!

Our best Dollar Tree find this year was a speaker for my DD's iPod. It just plugs in the spot for the earbuds and she can play it for everyone to hear (took it to school and had so much fun with it).

I couldn't believe it was only $1! She had wanted one, but the ones we saw were always a lot more expensive, so I told her she could have one for her birthday or Christmas. But for $1, well, she didn't have to wait!

DJ

I was at the Dollar Tree yesterday also. I bought a Mickey Mouse toddler chunky board story book, a few grad cards and I was thrilled to find those shepard hooks for the flower garden. I bought 2 with a decorative hummingbird sillouette and another 2 with butterflies. Wow I thought those were a great deal. Love my Dollar Tree!

I love Dollar Tree! My most favorite thing that I ever found there was 4 packs of orange plastic cones (some people use them for soccer and other sports). We used them for training for reining and horsemanship patterns. They're pretty expensive at other stores. I couldn't believe when I found them 4 to a pack. I think I bought about 20 sets of them and handed them out to horse showing friends! :rotfl: I never saw them in the store again. :confused3

Graysmom I went to the one in Easton it's off 25th st. How's the one in Whitehall? The Easton one is huge! AnywAY The pool rings and games are great but the swim masks run small and my kids have big heads so money wasted there. But it's ok I got a bunch of stuff on sale at the Disney store. And to whomever was talking about the orange cones they had a ton of them too. I think I may go back tomorrow or next week for more pool floats. :cool2:

Graysmom I went to the one in Easton it's off 25th st. How's the one in Whitehall? The Easton one is huge! AnywAY The pool rings and games are great but the swim masks run small and my kids have big heads so money wasted there. But it's ok I got a bunch of stuff on sale at the Disney store. And to whomever was talking about the orange cones they had a ton of them too. I think I may go back tomorrow or next week for more pool floats. :cool2:

I've never been to the one in Easton (Easton kind of scares me!). Is it in a safe area? The one in Whitehall is the same size as the one in Trexlertown-the two largest I've found. I can sympathize on the big headed kids thing :lmao: . DS2 has a huge head, so we have to buy size 3T/4T shirts, just to get them over his head (and the rest of the shirt ends up being quite large). He also wears DH's sunglasses, since they fit him fine too :laughing: . We picked up a bunch of the orange cones last year so DH and DS could use them to create bike obstacles in the yard.

I LOVE Dollar Tree - it's addictive!! I was just there yesterday; I get a cart and leaisurely walk through and look at everything. I get all my greeting cards there (2 for $1), and I always manage to find some great dog toys (my dogs destroy their toys in a day or two no matter the price). The store in the next town has a refridgerator/freezer section in their's, but the pickins were pretty slim.

we have them here and they are usually pretty good. Like it was mentioned before, you do need to check the quality.
I did find some great bargains there. FTD vases, for $1. :banana: This was a year ago but it was the best bargain I've found!!!

I've never been to the one in Easton (Easton kind of scares me!). Is it in a safe area?

Having lived my entire life in the suburbs of Baltimore, I can't imagine anywhere in the town of Easton to be what I'd consider "scary" or "unsafe"! :lmao:

Which DT do you go to? The one on Lehigh St is a little cluttered for me so I usually go to the one in Trexlertown. If I'm looking for something that one store is out of, then I also go to the one on Cedar Crest Blvd & Tilghman or the one up in Whitehall by Sports Authority. I'm always on the lookout for another DT store to search through!

Just wanted to chime in since you guys are in my area too!

I love the DTs also, and I usually prefer to go to the Trexlertown one
over the Cedar Crest & Tilghman one because it's nicer IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter