Dollar / Thrifty at Port

kristieuk

DIS Veteran
We have a rental to return at the port. I appreciate the depot is a couple of miles away, but can anyone help with how often the courtesy bus back to the port runs, and how long the journey takes?

TIA :goodvibes

We have a rental to return at the port. I appreciate the depot is a couple of miles away, but can anyone help with how often the courtesy bus back to the port runs, and how long the journey takes?

TIA :goodvibes

The shuttle buses run continuously all morning picking up and dropping off passengers. Once on the bus the actual time is less than 10 minutes to the port...more like 6 or 7 minutes.

We just did this last month from Thrifty....well, actually hubby did. He dropped the rest of us off at the port with the luggage and then returned the rental car and then hopped the Thrifty shuttle back to the port to meet us.

MJ

The van runs a continuous loop--Carnival port (if they have a ship in), Disney port, then the "store." It takes about 15-20 minutes with loading bags, etc. On really busy days, they will sometimes have 2 shuttles...they did on our day. This is on the return days. On departure days, it's the same thing only they will stop at the terminal that the passengers are going to--if everyone is Disney, you won't visit the Carnival port.

We had the smaller shuttle all to our group of 6. It would have held a couple more, but that's the way the driver set it up. My teens had the luggage loaded by the time I came out from returning the car. From there, it was 5-10 minutes till we were at the port.

SO...your longest wait till be on the return, max of about 20 minutes. We had NO waiting at the "store" at all. We had exactly the same experience at Budget too--2 shuttles, no waiting.

We used Budget in Cape Canaveral for our last cruise (2/14/10). Since there were 4 ships in they were running at least two shuttles continuously. We were on the 'rescheduled' Magic and were dropped off at an alternate terminal. Had we been going to the normal Disney terminal it would've taken less than 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!