Dollar Rental

momto3ojn

Earning My Ears
Hello, So i have a great rate reserved on a mid size suv through dollar rental out of MCO.. It is about 220.00 with all fees from 5/6-5/12, but I have noticed very little mention about dollar rental on this board- is this an okay company.. or is there a reason i should avoid it???

Thanks!

I've used them several times from various points throughout the country and have never had a problem with them.

We used them last year in Orlando, and wondered the same - we had no difficulty checking in at the kiosk, rate was just as quoted, good car, etc. We would use them again if we got a better rate.:thumbsup2

Oh, and after booking I joined their membership program (Dollar Express) and it made it easier to check in at the kiosk.

We use Dollar every time we rent a car in Florida. I was wondering the same thing:confused3
I got a great rate for a minivan in 2 wks. :thumbsup2

Hello, So i have a great rate reserved on a mid size suv through dollar rental out of MCO.. It is about 220.00 with all fees from 5/6-5/12, but I have noticed very little mention about dollar rental on this board- is this an okay company.. or is there a reason i should avoid it???

Thanks!

You can get an intermediate SUV with Budget for $168 inc taxes and $30 off coupon. Use BCD D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Note coupon is applied when return vehicle. What I don't like about Dollar is they charge $10/day extra for additional driver and with Budget spouse is free.

You can get an intermediate SUV with Budget for $168 inc taxes and $30 off coupon. Use BCD D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Note coupon is applied when return vehicle. What I don't like about Dollar is they charge $10/day extra for additional driver and with Budget spouse is free.
Is the E-Coupon specifically for an intermediate SUV? I booked a minivan rental for June 16-23 and applied the E-coupon, but nothing changed rate-wise (you did say that the $30 would be taken off at rental return).

Is the E-Coupon specifically for an intermediate SUV? I booked a minivan rental for June 16-23 and applied the E-coupon, but nothing changed rate-wise (you did say that the $30 would be taken off at rental return).

You will get a message if coupon is not accepted. Nothing will change on the total rate wise since coupon will be applied against the total removing the $30 only when you return the vehicle.

We almost exclusively have used Dollar for years with no problems. Sign up for Dollar Express. You get your own line at the airport which is quicker. BUT, when you get the car they hand you a paper with a car outline so you can note any dents and scratches. Make sure you do this and take it back to the desk to get it signed. I then photograph the car from all angles and closeups of any dents/scratches. You don't want a surprise bill a few weeks later.

I have never heard of Dollar in Orlando hitting people with bogus stuff but it pays to stay on top of it.

You will get a message if coupon is not accepted. Nothing will change on the total rate wise since coupon will be applied against the total removing the $30 only when you return the vehicle.
Thanks. I'll still keep a lookout for better deals, but if I can't find a minivan for less than $273, I'll keep the Budget one.

It too early to be looking for good deals. the best deals can be found 2 weeks before your trip. That is when car companies release their last minute deal rates. So there is hope of getting a great deal. Last year in May and this past Feb we got a mid size from Alamo and paid less than $100 for a weekly rental.

It too early to be looking for good deals. the best deals can be found 2 weeks before your trip. That is when car companies release their last minute deal rates. So there is hope of getting a great deal. Last year in May and this past Feb we got a mid size from Alamo and paid less than $100 for a weekly rental.
Oh, I'll definitely keep looking. Probably until the night before we leave.

I was going to sign up for Dollar Express. When I saw the "Business Information" section, I skipped this because I was thinking well, I'm not setting up a business account -- This is for my personal use. So I get to the bottom to submit the form and its asking me to go back up and enter a company name and it comes up in red print. Does anybody know what that's about?

I was going to sign up for Dollar Express. When I saw the "Business Information" section, I skipped this because I was thinking well, I'm not setting up a business account -- This is for my personal use. So I get to the bottom to submit the form and its asking me to go back up and enter a company name and it comes up in red print. Does anybody know what that's about?

Just ignore it. It's not necessarily a business account. Many companies ask for this type of info but it's not required.

Have had no problem with Dollar in the past. If we don't end up using Alamo , our alternative choice is usually always Dollar. For us,Alamo just always beats them out in price by a few bucks , but not much.

Just used Dollar this past week and no problem, they didn't ask for the gas receipt either.

We always use Dollar, never had a problem in Orlando but the ast two times we've rented in Myrtle Beach we have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter