Doing the parks with early COPD

Dixiemom

DIS Veteran
I was recently diagnosed with early stage COPD. I don’t need to use my maintenance inhaler daily at present but I will while at Disney World. I’ll also have my rescue inhaler with me daily in case I need it. Are there any recommendations you can give? I had no problems last year when we went but that was pre diagnosis.

Thanks so much in advance!

Of course your Dr is the best person to discuss this with. But I'd suggest that you also need to listen to your body. If you are pushing to do a lot in your day, I suspect that it would aggravate your COPD. So pace yourself and don't try to do everything.

Of course your Dr is the best person to discuss this with. But I'd suggest that you also need to listen to your body. If you are pushing to do a lot in your day, I suspect that it would aggravate your COPD. So pace yourself and don't try to do everything.
Thanks so much! My pulmonologist said it won’t be an issue and since I’ll have the rescue inhaler I am good to go. My daughter is determined for me to ride Slinky Dog and I think I’m going to give it a try.

My wife was diagnosed with COPD around 2009. We've been 3 times with no issues. we only go in November to avoid the hottest times. The best advice above is listen to you body.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter