Dog Days of Summer - August 2022 Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
:welcome: to the August 2022 exercise thread.

For the "Dog Days of Summer" we'll be looking at Disney dogs to keep us coming back to the thread.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day. Since August has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Bruno Blue
25% - Slinky Dog Orange
50% - Pongo Purple
75% - Perdita Pink
90% - Copper Red
100% - Max Green

We’re officially starting this challenge August 1st, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
PollyannaMom - 600/600
Raya - 300/600
Elizabeth Smith - 650/800
Sophy1996 - 815/800
Oneanne - 630/465

Piglet - 384/930
Twilight Sparkle - 1320/1400

----------------------------
Team Total - 4,699/5,595 and 84%

Last edited:
OMDog! I love this theme! But I will be very tempted to post a bunny or two. It's a house rabbit owner thing, sorry! I'm in for 600 this month. I'm hoping my knee is done being cranky and maybe, just maybe, everything stays on track. 🤞🏿🤞🏾🤞🏽🤞🏼🤞🏻 (and yes that's all the fingers that can be crossed, being crossed)

Thanks for hosting, PollyannaMom 💜

OMDog! I love this theme! But I will be very tempted to post a bunny or two. It's a house rabbit owner thing, sorry! I'm in for 600 this month. I'm hoping my knee is done being cranky and maybe, just maybe, everything stays on track. 🤞🏿🤞🏾🤞🏽🤞🏼🤞🏻 (and yes that's all the fingers that can be crossed, being crossed)

Thanks for hosting, PollyannaMom 💜
Bunnies are always welcome, too!

We'll start off with a few of the dogs from Lady & the Tramp:

1659373246996.png

From Wikipedia:
Lady and the Tramp was released to theaters on June 22, 1955, to box office success. It was the first animated film to be filmed in the CinemaScope widescreen film process, as well as Disney's first animated film to be distributed by their Buena Vista division.

And from the Disney Wiki:
Lady, as a young puppy, was given to Darling as a Christmas present from Jim Dear. She is named Lady due to her good manners and ladylike personality. When she is six months old, she is given a light blue collar and diamond-shaped license... (She) is an American Cocker Spaniel with dark brown colored ears and brown eyes...

50 minutes, or exactly the length of one TV show. I'm watching Daredevil on the treadmill and it's really motivating me to get back on there. If you're not a huge fan of superheros this is the perfect entry into Marvel. It's an amazing mix of gritty, real world issues along with deep moral debates. The 'super powers' are enhanced hearing and an altered type of vision, so nothing so magical that it will break the suspense. It's very grim-dark-violent though, so probably too much for kids.

50/600

Excellent start, everyone!

I have 15 minutes from yesterday to add, plus an hour walk this morning, which puts me at 75/600 and Bruno Blue.

1659447789410.png

Taking a brief break from Lady & the Tramp, Bruno is the dog from Cinderella. He first appears as a puppy in the prologue, and is briefly turned into a footman for Cinderella's coach later in the movie. His nemesis is Lady Tremaine's cat, Lucifer.

Excellent start, everyone!

I have 15 minutes from yesterday to add, plus an hour walk this morning, which puts me at 75/600 and Bruno Blue.

View attachment 690060

Taking a brief break from Lady & the Tramp, Bruno is the dog from Cinderella. He first appears as a puppy in the prologue, and is briefly turned into a footman for Cinderella's coach later in the movie. His nemesis is Lady Tremaine's cat, Lucifer.
Ha ha, the joes on me. I don’t watch many Fisney movies and when you said Bruno would be next I totally thought “nobody talks about Bruno the dog?”.

Got 30 min yesterday so

30/465.

I am adding 30 minutes for yesterday (8/2). DD had me take her to the rec so she can work out. They are no longer working out with soccer until the season is over. She had me do weight lifting with her. We were their an hour but there is also a lot of standing so I am just giving myself 30 minutes. She is going to start doing the work outs with me. I didn't have any time From the 1st. It was our first day back from vacation and I just rested.

Total 30/930

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith on reaching Bruno Blue!! :jumping3:

I'm adding 20 minutes for yesterday (105/600)
and the team stands at 475/4,795 and Bruno Blue as well!! :jumping3:

(I know it's technically 9.9%, but I'm letting my spreadsheet round because I'm going to be super busy this weekend, and probably won't be able to update again until Monday.)

For our last Lady & the Tramp entry, we have Peg:

1659705876278.png

She is one of the pound dogs (possibly a Tibetan Spaniel mix, according to the Disney Wiki) and is named after her voice actress, Peggy Lee. But did you know Peg isn't her only role in the movie? - She also voice Darling and the Siamese cats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter