Does this make sense?

dudedisney

Mouseketeer
We live about 12 hrs away from WDW. Our DS is leaving at 8am on a band bus in April for WDW. We had the idea that instead of driving down behind the buses, we would try to get a Ding for us three and drive 1 1/2 away to catch a flight and still get there ahead of the buses.

Is this crazy or smart? I really dread the long drive and having to do it in reverse on a Sunday and go to work on a Monday makes me tired just thinking about it.

How hard do you think it will be getting a Ding for April? It's been awhile since I did the Ding thing anyway.

No idea about the probablility of DING - if by April you mean either the week before Easter or the week after, I think the chances are not good.

But no harm in waiting & trying. Your back up plan is to drive the entire way. I understand you reluctance to drive 12 hours. To me, anything that takes more than 3 or 4 hours tops to drive is too far, LOL. Good luck!

Oh, my gosh, I didn't even think about Easter. I don't even know when it is! I seriously doubt that the school would plan a trip that close though, not when they make sure that no activities are planned on Wed nights because of church.

I better check just to make sure. Thanks!

I think that's a great idea. 12 hours each way is brutal. Flying will allow you to beat the bus and arrive refreshed rather than stressed and tired after a long drive.

If you plan on flying Southwest might as well book now and if the fare drops you can receive a credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter