Does the monorail run from the Polynesian to MK?

dkal95

Mouseketeer
We're having breakfast our first morning at the Polynesian... so I was thinking, is it okay to leave our car parked there and take the monorail to the park?

If it is acceptable, does the monorail go that route?

TIA!

Yes, the monorail does go there.

However, you may be given a time limit for parking at the Poly and may have to drive to MK. This is to prevent people from avoiding parking fees.

The monorail does go from the Poly to the MK, but you can't park at the Poly all day unless you are staying there.

Yes the Monorail does go from the Polynesian to the Magic Kingdom, but you are not allowed to leave your car at the Polynesian parking lot. So the best thing you can do is park at the TTC, walk to the Polynesian & then when your done take the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

I thought you had to pay parking fees no matter where you went inside of the property. Shows how little I know! LOL

That's alright, I figure the kids and I will take the monorail over and DH can go park the car at MK and meet us there.

dkal95 said:
That's alright, I figure the kids and I will take the monorail over and DH can go park the car at MK and meet us there.

Because of the location of the Polynesian relative to the MK parking lot, it would be easier for you to just park in the MK parking lot and then go to the Polynesian for breakfast.

Park and take the shuttle to the TTC where the monorails are. Take the resort monorail to the Polynesian. Both restaurants are on the same level as the monorail and it is fun to zip to a meal via monorail. After breakfast, just hop back on the monorail and go to the MK together.

It is not as easy to get to MK parking from the Polynesian. Your DH could easily find himself heading to Epcot, MGM etc. ;) And then you would not have to worry about finding each other at the MK. Plus you get two monorail rides. :sunny:

WE always have breakfast at the Poly on our MK day.
We drive and park at the Transportation and Ticket center. Then just a short walk to the Poly (and Kona) for breakfast. Then we take the monorail from the Poly to the MK.
Coming back, we'll either take the little resort boat back to the Poly (and walk back to the TTC), or take the monorail or the ferry directly to the TTC.
Has worked out well for us for a # of years---

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter