Does side matter

cynditoo

Earning My Ears
On our last cruise, we were assigned to 6056 (4 day Wonder). We are thinking of booking a 7 day on the opposite side f the ship for August 2004. Is there any difference in the views depending on what side of the ship you are on?

Some people will tell you that the side of the ship matter and others will tell you it doesn't. We've done both sides and I'm in the group that says it doesn't matter. While port might be better for one port, starboard will be better for another.

Enjoy you cabin and if we want to see what's on the other side just go up to 9 or 10, or down to 4!

<<<Does side matter?>>>

According to men it does! LOL :)

Sorry, couldn't resist...surprised BD didnt jump on that one.:)

We have cruised both port and starboard and one was just as good as the other. I did enjoy starboard more at CC as we could look at the island.

Lisa

This cruise we've got it covered! My twin sister and her family will be in 6056 (port) , my family and I will be in 6558 (starboard). We are close to the midship stairs/elevator, so just steps away from each others cabins. No matter which side of the ship happens to be the "place to be" for a view, we will be there!
Cruising in less then 3 weeks! Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How odd! We were in 6056 in Aug. 2002 and plan to be in 6558 in Aug. 2004! Other than looking at the itinerary, is there any way to know for sure what view you will have from a particular port. i.e would my TA know this?

We have stayed in 6034 on both of our cruises which puts us on the port side of the ship. This is very important during the lifeboat drill because we are not "baking " in the sun while waiting for the passengers that do not think they have to attend.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I prefer Starboard side for one reason and one reason alone..... you are facing CC when you are docked there!! Its sooooo beautiful.... just looking down in the CLEAR CLEAN (mostly) Water! Just go up to deck 10 and Look down!

Originally posted by DisneyCruiseCrazy89
I prefer Starboard side for one reason and one reason alone..... you are facing CC when you are docked there!! Its sooooo beautiful.... just looking down in the CLEAR CLEAN (mostly) Water! Just go up to deck 10 and Look down!

I'm never on the ship long enough to look at CC from my room. I'm the one on CC having the time of my life! :)

At first glance, I thought this thread was titled ~ Does size matter?... LOL! :blush:

Now that's a whole different topic! I wonder what board they'd move that thread to??? :smooth:

ya I had to reread the thread title too
Kinda like yesterday's thread "port sites"

I prefer starboard because on each of our cruises - (ship docked the same way each time)

Our view at the Port is of the loading and unloading of the ship, we faced the lagoon at CC, on the Eastern we faced the water and saw the boats at St. Thomas and St. Maarten (the opposing view is of the mall and mountains) - on the Western, we were able to see the city at KW, no difference at Grand Cayman since we have to dock in the water and be tendered in, and at Cozumel - we faced the water.

So it all depends (1) how the ship docks and (2) what you'd like to see.

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!