"Does she not know this is the happiest place on earth!?" March 2015 Girls Trip! UPDATE 4/11!

I always forget this place has a 10% AP discount at lunch - something to keep in mind,

Really? I had no idea but this is good to know.

I do so agree. Finding Pizza is easy. Finding really good pizza is much much harder. Obviously I need to eat at Via Napoli (so far, nada). I have had Pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express that was really good, and I expect this is even better, so yeah, I need to eat at Via Napoli.

I love the Mickeys in the ice cream:

D060E913-6F4F-4050-9B36-6F7E608C0CD3_zpsxdqdo2yf.jpg

Seriously right? This is why Disney is so very special.

In the nicest way possible, he said "Oh yeah, that flavor is gross.."

:rotfl2: OMG that is flat out awesome. And very cool that they swapped you out for a different flavour.

I'm not going to reveal anything now, but I finally ate at Via Napoli a couple of weeks ago (and I did not know Via Napoli had an AP discount...I only knew about DDP, DVC and TiW...which is what I used).

Your food looks quite yummy. But $7.00 per person for a salad? I think not.

Sorry your ice cream was gross (but I don't like caramel or coconut so I wouldn't have liked any of those choices).

Do you know that the Schofferhofer hasn't always been available? It used to be only available during Food & Wine. Let me just say that there is ALWAYS at least a six pack in our fridge at home for my hubby.

Can't wait to hear what you do at Magic Kingdom.

I haven't been to Via Napoli yet, however they are owned by the Patina group and is on of our go-to Italian places by my house is also owned by them and we love it! I think i will need to try Via Napoli to see if its the same... YUM

All your candy a sweets look sooo good... Sorry the Ice Cream didn't taste good, but it made a good picture!

Cant wait to hear how you finished up the trip at MK!

A few days before, when we had passed by Via Napoli during Flower and Garden, the girls asked if we could eat here. Um, but of course!
Skipping it isn't even an option, is it?

I love this chandelier in the entry way.
::yes::

So when Justin and I had pizza here last year, I fell in love. And so did he. So much that he ate all of his and close to half of mine – minus the artichokes, because why would he eat a vegetable on his pizza?!
I know... that's just crazy talk. :rolleyes1

My aunt suggested the family style house salad for $7. $7 is great for a huge salad that everyone can share!

We placed our order and then saw that the salad was $7 PER PERSON. Ok, $7 per person is crazy, I would have rather split another appetizer for that much.
I kind of thought the same thing when I saw it... Oh, $7. That's not bad. Wait a minute, $7 per person????????? :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: Yeah, I've never had a salad at VN. No point taking up valuable real estate with filler when you've got that pizza coming anyway.

The salad was just OK. I wasn’t a huge fan of the red wine vinaigrette, but it was still good. I loved the olives they used – they were so delicious! I guess I just kept thinking to myself “Omg, this is a $30 salad..” hahaha.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

The pizza came out not too long after. It was every bit as delicious as I remembered. Ahhh. We each got a slice of carciofi and a slice of margherita. I still preferred the carciofi, but the margherita was also good.
I don't think there's a pizza they make that I wouldn't like.

I want to say it was around $15-20 per person with tip. Not too bad, if you ask me, for 2 slices of pizza, some salad, and arancini.
Not bad at all. Especially when you consider that nearly half of that cost was salad. :rolleyes1 :faint:

I would love to try a pasta dish, but I don't know if I can stray away from my beloved carciofi.
::yes:: I know... I just can't stray from the pizza there.

Overall I think choosing Via Napoli for our last day lunch was a great idea. We got to experience the amazinggggg pizza, and it wasn’t too filling that we couldn’t move the rest of the day. I kind of like that their crust is light like that. Yum.. now I’m thinking about the pizza.. again.
Me too... I've got to stop reading TR's when I'm hungry.

My aunt and mom immediately decided that they had to have ice cream!
Ice cream is always a good idea!

In the nicest way possible, he said "Oh yeah, that flavor is gross.." hahahaha. Luckily, he asked what flavor I would like instead and had no problem replacing my salted caramel with the coconut white chocolate.
Sorry the first choice was a disappointment. But definitely nice that they were willing to give you something else. I'd hate to throw a $4 cup of ice cream in the trash. :faint:

It was still quiet in the World Showcase, so we started talking to the adorable girl at the cash register. Her name was Laura and she was here from Germany on her college program. She had a few months left of her program, which lasted a year. My brother is currently studying abroad in Munich, so my mom had lots of questions for her. She was so bubbly and adorable! We really enjoyed talking to her.
Cool! Always nice to have a fun interaction with the CM's and it sounds like there was a lot to talk about with her!

Hello we just came across your trip report enjoying reading it we will be at POFQ in August for a week after reading your report so far we can not wait... we are in southwest NY near Bradford pa.. we are looking forward to reading more.....

Hi everyone - I swear I'll be back to updating soon. Gotta finish up with our last day! :)

I have been crazy busy. Work has been a pain - we are implementing a huge project. It's essentially occupying 100% of my work time. And one of the vendors we work with has been quite frustrating, to say the least. So with that craziness, plus an exam in a few days, things have just been nuts.

Justin and I were in the car last night and he said "Man, work has just been insane lately.. November can't come soon enough.." and I responded with "You literally read my mind.. We need a vaca ASAP.."

Now, it crossed my mind for a few minutes - Niagara Falls. NYC. Washington DC. All within 8 or so hours driving. Myrtle Beach, Outer Banks, etc.. I contemplated each one. We felt like we could get away over Memorial Day weekend. Maybe take Friday off, and get back Monday afternoon/night.

And then, an idea sprung up on me that I couldn't shake.. UMMMM, WDW.

If I'm gonna spend a weekend away, why not spend it in the happiest place on earth?

Because I have a wedding to save for. Because I was just there in March. Because it seems pointless to fly down there for 4 days...

Then, the other side of me said -- Aside from the occasional shopping allowance and vacations, I don't spend money on myself that often. I don't go out each weekend (because I spend a lot of it studying.. lol), and we're pretty responsible.

So I started doing Disney Math, because that's what someone with an Annual Pass does. I bought my AP because when Justin and I planned our trip last September (after not having been to WDW for like, six years), I knew I would be back in March. So my AP expires in September.

Memorial Day weekend looked like a no-go. Flights were pretty pricy, but hotels were worse! If we'd stay off-site, plus factoring in a rental car, it was still more than we wanted to spend. Staying on-site was pretty much impossible. The cheapest we'd get away with was $600+ for 3 nights (everything was sold out, and I could not justify $750 for a Pirate room at Port Orleans)! We also thought about driving to save on flights, but then we'd need to take more time off (it's approx 20 hours) and it's pretty much just as expensive by the time you factor in gas, meals, and a rental car.

So I squashed the idea, as I could not justify the cost. We settled on something within driving distance, like Cleveland, Niagara Falls, or my beloved Buffalo (Walden Galleria Mall, anyone!?)...

Until I was at the gym this morning.. and I thought of something else. Justin works Saturdays every other month, and when his schedule rotates from Tues-Sat back to Mon-Fri, he gets a 3 day weekend every couple of months. Sooooo I checked flights on his 3 day weekend in June!

The beauty of living in northwestern PA is NOT that our airport flights are cheap.. because they are not. Our airport flights are like $500+ for a roundtrip to Florida. Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Buffalo are all equidistant from where we live, which is really nice for flying.

So I checked with Southwest out of Pittsburgh, our go-to. No luck there, as it would be $500+ for flights. We checked with Frontier, which flies out of Cleveland - and we could get flights, Friday to Monday, for $133 each..

And Disney had an AP discount, so we could stay at Pop for a great rate..

And I have an AP, so my tickets are "free" essentially..

And Justin just needs tickets, which is an expense, but a worthwhile one..

And I projected out the costs, and it's do-able.

If we don't do WDW, we would do NYC or DC.

I am all for visiting other places. I love traveling. BUT, this AP is burning a hole in my pocket, people!!! LOL. I priced out what it would cost to drive to NYC, or DC. And stay in a hotel, and do some touristy things..

And honestly it's pretty similar. By the time you factor in $300-ish for a rental car (we don't want to put the mileage on ours), $200/night for a hotel (unless we'd stay outside of the city, then it would be less), plus money for tours, museums, etc... it would be pretty close.

So I pulled the trigger today and booked Pop for 3 nights in June! I wanted to get the dates set in stone before we decide in two weeks to do it and the room is gone. So I can always cancel.

We decided that it will be a low-key trip. Justin's only request was to eat at Ohana.

I think we'll do a lot of laying by the pool, eating (a LOT..), and strolling around the parks at our own pace. I love touring at WDW, and going commando sun up to sunset, but I think it would be lovely to have a somewhat spontaneous trip and to just go with the flow!! We said we'd only do a few dining ADR's and just wing it the rest of the time.

So who knows if we'll stick with it. It's worth the thought for now. But we've been working so hard lately and haven't taken a break (ok, since my trip to WDW a month and a half ago.. hahaha), so what the heck. If we can swing it, why not!? You only live once and when your day-to-day life is lots of work, you deserve the treat now and then.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.. :)

Hello we just came across your trip report enjoying reading it we will be at POFQ in August for a week after reading your report so far we can not wait... we are in southwest NY near Bradford pa.. we are looking forward to reading more.....

Thank you for reading! I live in Erie so not all that far :) We love going to western NY to visit the great wineries!

I hope you enjoy your trip. We really enjoyed our stay at POFQ. The beignets are worth a try, and the bus stops were one of the best parts of the resort!

I am way late to your TR but I'm going in October and am currently somewhat obsessed with reading them to hold me over until my trip! Let me just say that your TR definitely made me very hungry and excited for some yummy food while I'm there. That carrot cookie icecream sandwich thing...:worship:

What did you think of POFQ? We are staying at POR and I've never been there so I'm reeeally excited to check it out. And I loved your picture of the horse and carriage. That is a must for me while I'm there! Too fun.

Also, I might have to go back and read your previous TR as it sounds like you got engaged at Disney which is aamaazing! Congrats.

As a side note, I live in Central Pennsylvania (State College) and used to live semi-near Pittsburgh while I was in grad school. Small world, neighbor!:wave:

I am way late to your TR but I'm going in October and am currently somewhat obsessed with reading them to hold me over until my trip! Let me just say that your TR definitely made me very hungry and excited for some yummy food while I'm there. That carrot cookie icecream sandwich thing...:worship:

Helloooo! Thank you so much for reading. I was the same way before our trip last September, lol! I hadn't been since I was much younger, and had never planned a trip, so I quickly became obsessed with planning/reading all kinds of TR's and food reports.. The food reports are my favorite. ;) The carrot cake cookie is seriously a must!

What did you think of POFQ? We are staying at POR and I've never been there so I'm reeeally excited to check it out. And I loved your picture of the horse and carriage. That is a must for me while I'm there! Too fun.

We loved POFQ. My mom has stayed at POR and she really liked it as well. The boats to Downtown Disney were really nice. POFQ is very quaint, definitely check it out if you have the time! :)

Also, I might have to go back and read your previous TR as it sounds like you got engaged at Disney which is aamaazing! Congrats.

Thank you! We did get engaged last September :) We had lots of amazing eats then as well!

As a side note, I live in Central Pennsylvania (State College) and used to live semi-near Pittsburgh while I was in grad school. Small world, neighbor!:wave:

Oooooh yay! My sister goes to PSU. I live in Erie now and did my undergrad at Robert Morris. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter