Does Narcoosee's still offer the Yard of Beer?

AmyAllan&Eve

Mouseketeer
Does Narcoosee's still offer the Yard of Beer? I was there in 1992, and they did. But I believe they also served lunch at that time, too. So maybe the restaurant has changed quite a bit since that time.

Thanks!

This is one question I feel qualified to answer...unfortunately not anymore. We used to take the boat over for a half yard of carlsberg and the seafood nachos or fish chowder...was a great break from MK. Alas, they only offer bottled beer (and a lousy selection if I may say so) and only serve dinner now.

I was just there a few days ago and didn't see this on the menu or anyone drinking one. I only saw bottled beer as someone else mentioned. I had one of their specialty drinks and DH had a mix drink and irish coffee.

As a fan of beer, I've never really understood this. Most beer is best served and consumed cold. Unless you are slamming a "yard" why would you want to drink on a beer that is getting warmer as the minutes fly by? :confused3
If you are drinking an import (Guiness comes to mind) that tastes better at a slightly warmer temp, that's another story. :)

I do believe there is a "yard" served at Whispering Canyon at WL, and at Rose & Crown(Epcot).:earsboy:

Narcoosee's is not open for lunch. The only yard of beer I have ever seen is at Rose and Crown.

Laura

LauraLea said:
Narcoosee's is not open for lunch. The only yard of beer I have ever seen is at Rose and Crown.

Laura

Ah, but it was for many years and as cdtommie said it was a great lunch spot after a morning at the MK. Take the launch over and enjoy a great meal while watching the sun sparkle on the waters of Seven Seas Lagoon. You could order beer by the half or full yard as well as in nicely chilled schooners. But no longer. :sad2:

CDtommie:
To say the beer selection at Narcoossee's is lousy is a bit of an understatement :) :)

Uncleromulus, I was laughing when I saw the F&W Festival brochure (or maybe it was the Mickey Monitor) this week and there was a quote something like "and don't worry you beer lovers because there will be over 30 world class beers to sample at the F&W festival"...hah! Twenty of them are probably made by A-B amd the other ten by Inbev in their semi-exclusive marketing deals with Disney...even the tastings ar the Rose & Crown last year had stuff like Beck's light and Brahma...yuck!

The best beer by far IMHO at Disney is the Unibroue family served at Le Cellier and Brown Derby...they have 3-4 beers to choose from: Blanche De Chambly (a 5% wit style beer), La Fin du Monde (a 9% triple), Maudite (an 8% red strong ale) and Trois Pistoles (a 9% dark ale). At $5.75 a bottle (and 20% less with the DDE) they are a rare Disney bargain and have a good buzz for the buck factor. If you get a chance give 'em a try. They used to sell them at the beaver tail booth outside Canada but no more.

Micca, we buy the half yard's at Rose and Crown because the refills using the DDE are quite the Disney bargain ($6.75 plus tax less 20%)...not my favorites but too good a deal to pass up. If only I wasn't addicted to Rochefort 10 (a 12 pack of 11.2 oz bottles I picked up a couple of weeks ago set me back $69...yikes! and St Bernardus Abt 12...I sometimes wish I could be happy with A-B stuff (or at least wish the Mrs would be)...I'd be a lot wealthier!

CDTommie:
Had a Maudite last trip to Le Cellier--which was a few trips ago. Good!!
Tonight (when Mrs U gets off work) a trip to a local brewpub where they now have a HeffeWeizen that's flavored with a hint of bannana and clove. YUM!!!!!!
Back to the OP tho--I had a Yard at Narcoossee's a long time ago, and not too many years back I saw the bartenders poura "yard" of Sam Adams. But no YOB sightings at Narcoossee's for the past two years at least---

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts