Does it really take that long?

jensen

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to plan ADRs and I was using the transportation calculator found at Our Laughing Place to help me figure how long it will take to get from one place to another. It tells me that the Monorail takes 37 minutes to get from MK to Epcot. Is that correct? I don't remember it taking that long in the past. Does anyone know if that is right?

I would think that might be right. You certainly need to plan for boarding, etc. I've been on the monorail many times where it has stopped or slowed during the journey in order to get back on a schedule with other monorails. Once you get to Epcot, it then does the loop through the park.

Yes, I would think 37 min sounds about right.

Another thought ... my remarks were based on TT to Epcot. If you are traveling from the MK to Epcot, you will need to travel from MK to the TT and then reboard a separate monorail for Epcot.

It might take even longer than 37 minutes when you consider this.

I would have to agree that from point to point that would seem in the ball park of what it takes....

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think if they are saying 37 minutes, that is including the time to get off at the TTC and reboard the new monorail to Epcot. I don't think you would need to add more than the 37 minutes.

I don't ever remember riding on the monorail for that much time. Maybe I'm just oblivious while soaking in the sites.

I just did the exact thing last week. Well, I hopped on the monorail at the GF, and transferred at TTC to the Epcot line. I would say it took about that much time. You have to include the time waiting at the MK stop, then the ride to TTC, with a stop at the CR. Then, you have to walk all the way around to the Epcot line. Then there could be a wait for that monorail. When you get to Epcot, the monorail then loops through the park, over to the walkway to World Showcase and back to the monorail platform at the front of the park.
I always leave about an hour to get from MK to Epcot using this method. Usually I am early, but much better to be early than fret about being late for an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter