Does Free Dining cause people to ....

bop28

Just Say No!...to the $12.00 Cannoli
avoid sending food back, that they are unsatisfied with, simply because the dining is free? After reading many reviews where people are unhappy with their meals for one reason or another, I've noticed that not too many people comment whether or not they complain and send things back. For instance if something was cold that should have been hot, would you feel apprehensive about sending it back to the kitchen? :)

I know for me 100% of the restaurants that we were at were 100% full with waiting lines. So all I can think is that people don't want to wait for a new ....to come since it slows everything down. I know in my case my app didn't come until everyone else was done their apps and a meal that should take no longer than 1 hour took 1 1/2 hours. Unlike a restaurant outside WDW, sending an item back has conquences to some people(sacafarice a ride or a show) if they are on a tight schedule.

I know for me 100% of the restaurants that we were at were 100% full with waiting lines. So all I can think is that people don't want to wait for a new ....to come since it slows everything down. I know in my case my app didn't come until everyone else was done their apps and a meal that should take no longer than 1 hour took 1 1/2 hours. Unlike a restaurant outside WDW, sending an item back has conquences to some people(sacafarice a ride or a show) if they are on a tight schedule.

Hmm, I never thought of it that way. I bet you're right. Some people don't want to take the time to wait for a replacement. Time is money @ Disney!
I was just thinking that 'free dining', may make people less likely to complain about an incorrect order or poorly prepared order, and in effect, accept food that they wouldn't normally accept while not on vacation.

Maybe. But suppose you've heard terrific things about, say, the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier, and you may never get another chance to eat there agin. If it arrives at your table cold, are you really going to accept it because it's free? I would nicely send it back and ask for hot soup.

It's not really free, after all. To take advantage of "free" dining you have to pass up discounts on rooms, and perhaps go at a less than ideal time of year.

It may be too due to there being so much food on the current DDP. I can't imagine anyone on the current DDP walking away hungry (without sharing and whatever).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter