Does Dreams Unlimited still do a gift basket?

iamporch

Mouseketeer
I had read a long time ago that you would receive a basket in your room, but that went away. I saw on their site that you could stop at the welcome center to get it, but then saw comments on facebook about having them sent to their house? Just curious what they do now if anything.

Thanks

Yes. They send a box of goodies to your home. A bunch of people on our upcoming cruise just received them today!

This thread has some great pictures of what is included.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...imited-gift-basket-pics-added-post-1.3549793/

Do they send them for cruises not out of Port Canaveral as well?

According to DU's website..."Gift baskets are mailed to Dreams Unlimited Travel clients booked on any Disney Cruise Line sailing approximately 2 weeks prior to sail date. Gift baskets are mailed only to clients with a valid U.S. or Canadian address. We cannot mail gift baskets to clients with an address not in the U.S. or Canada. All clients are welcome to pick up their gift basket at our Welcome Center in Port Canaveral Florida with prior notice given to your Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent."

2017-07-24 13.10.35.jpg Got our gift baskets today, right on our doorstep! One for each room of our upcoming cruise. Included are:

Multicolor Highlighter; Select a different color for each family member when highlighting activities on the Personal Navigator
Dry Erase board; Magnetic for stateroom door; you can write messages to each other (and other random people like to leave messages, too!)
Glow Sticks; For Pirate Night!
Travel Watch; Attach to your beach bag or wrist; (We could only set the hour, not the minutes lol. It's cruise time!)
Deck of Cards in a plastic carrying case
Reusable travel mug
Reusable water bottles
Wet Wipes/Hand Sanitizer
Flashlight/keychain
: For finding your way at night if your stateroom is too dark
AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE: Magnetic Clips you can use for so many things, but we will use them for the inside walls of our cabin. The walls are metal so we will use to organize lanyards, paperwork, etc!!
And it's all packaged up nicely in a Reusable Dreams Shopping Tote, which we've used for laundry, etc on board.

Thank you, Dreams!!

Last edited:

We received a famous gift basket on the podcast cruise on RCL. We've done like at least 2 DCL cruises with dreams and we've never recieved a basket? But there were many goodies on the RCL cruise which was nice.

I've gotten one for every cruise. Earlier in our cabin, but now to our home. Heck we even get them for our b2b cruises.

View attachment 255610 Got our gift baskets today, right on our doorstep! One for each room of our upcoming cruise. Included are:

Multicolor Highlighter; Select a different color for each family member when highlighting activities on the Personal Navigator
Dry Erase board; Magnetic for stateroom door; you can write messages to each other (and other random people like to leave messages, too!)
Glow Sticks; For Pirate Night!
Travel Watch; Attach to your beach bag or wrist; (We could only set the hour, not the minutes lol. It's cruise time!)
Deck of Cards in a plastic carrying case
Reusable travel mug
Reusable water bottles
Wet Wipes/Hand Sanitizer
Flashlight/keychain
: For finding your way at night if your stateroom is too dark
AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE: Magnetic Clips you can use for so many things, but we will use them for the inside walls of our cabin. The walls are metal so we will use to organize lanyards, paperwork, etc!!
And it's all packaged up nicely in a Reusable Dreams Shopping Tote, which we've used for laundry, etc on board.

Thank you, Dreams!!

I am the one that started this thread and I had forgotten all bout the baskets! When do you cruise? We are on the 9/2 Fantasy.

We've done like at least 2 DCL cruises with dreams and we've never recieved a basket?

When were those cruises and were they from Port Canaveral?

The DU baskets used to be delivered to your stateroom if you embarked on a cruise from Port Canaveral; I don't believe there were baskets for departures from other ports. However, several years ago now DCL restricted delivers to the ship in PC and that impacted the gift baskets. They are now mailed to guests' homes if you live in the US or Canada. My understanding is that guests from other countries may pick-up a gift basket on the way to the port (in Port Canaveral) if they inform their DU agent they wish to do so.

Enjoy your cruise!

We recently received a gift package for our Alaska cruise. Fourth cruise but we never cruise out of PC so it was the first time we received a DU gift packet. Utterly AWESOME! Some of the items were a hit with us, some not (for us, but I am sure others loved the items, (glow sticks, cards, etc). I was hoping for luggage tags since that is something we needed but oh well, we broke down and bought some. :)

Love using DU for our travel needs. They have been most helpful in every way.

Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter