Does Dramamine help your lo's with the rides?

staci

DIS Veteran
I took the kdis to ChuckECheese today so dd could see some 'characters' in preparation for our trip next week, and ds was noticably bothered by the motion in some of the little rides there :scared1: He has also recently started complaining of feeling carsick when we are in for extended periods.

Does dramamine really work? I dont want a kid with a sore tummy all trip!

when i give my kids dramamine (for long car rides) within 20 minutes they are passed out-- slumped over with drool down their shirts. i would not try to use this medicine while at disney or you will have miserable kids (and parents).

the problem is that young children are not supposed to take the "less drowsy" dramamine and bonnie. i believe someone said there is one for kids, but i have not seen or tried it yet.

i'm worried about this topic myself. my two younger ones have had horrible carsickness since they were about 8 mos. they will start vomiting often within 5 minutes of the house. it has been very stressful and we don't leave the house with them too often. we also always have multiple trash cans, bags, wipes, clothes in our vehicles. i'm really hoping they're not going to be sick on every ride at disney.

i recently bought sea bands for them. they're acupressure bracelets that you can find near the motion sickness meds in most stores. i didnt think they would work, but they do seem to help. they still get sick feeling, but they have only gotten sick in the car when i've forgotten to put them on.

We do have the chewable ones for kids - we gave them to him on our last big car trip, and he didnt really seem bothered by his stomach, but he since this is all new to him I really cant judge just by that.

I am so sorry your kids get so sick! That has to be awful! I have been rather motionsick myself and Disney is still my favorite place to go!

IMO most of the rides at Disney are different and are not like the twirl 'til you hurl style rides at all with a few exceptions (i.e. Tea cups @ MK, and M:S @ Epcot). Hopefully he won't have too many problems. You could always take his meds with you and play it by ear. Hopefully most of the attractions won't bother him. I don't think they even compare to the ones at CEC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!