Does Disney make a decent Wii or Nintendo DS game?

ogreenlee

<font color=green>i surely didn't want to have to
The Princess Journey thing on Wii, for as cheap as it is, is not that bad.

The rest seem boring and made too quickly.

There is a cute trivia Disney game, but the name escapes me.

Anyone want to give a review of any Disney games?

I heard the Toy Story Mania Game was pretty good.
I've seen some posters over on the Trip Reports board talking about it.

I don't know the age you are looking for game wise but Kingdom Hearts is now out on DS. It's about beating the Heartless people, who are trying to take over the world and has lots of Disney characters.

It's not bad. I'm not a game person but it keeps my interest though I haven't followed the Final Fantasy stuff I can keep up.

Toy Story is great..it is a great family game, just like the ride...

ditto to Toy Story Mania... our favorite wii game of all time. Haven't really tried any other disney ones.

That's good to know about TSM, b/c it's on our Amazon list.

I was hoping to have a few good Disney ones for Christmas morning. We're returning from WDW on 12/23.

Going to check out Kingdom Hearts now. Thanks!

I wish the movie-related ones were better thought out. Wall-E left a lot to be desired. They really should put more effort into these. They could make a fortune just off the fanatics.

We have the Toy Story Mania game and we really like it.

I think I know which trivia game you are talking about (I can't remember the name either though :confused3). We rented that and I'm glad we didn't wast the money buying it. I wasn't all that impressed with that one.

My whole family is addicted to the TSM game for Wii.

Now, I just wish Disney would make a Wii fit game: you know, you could have "Rope Drop Rush" in the aerobics. "Tower of Terror Triceps" in strength. "Mission: Space, SpaceWalk" for balance. "Watch Out for Strollers!" could be the lunge exercise. And instead of skiing, you could have to weave through Food and Wine Festival crowds on a Saturday!

We have Toy Story Mania and really don't care for it! We loved the ride, and the game was fun at first, but it gets really old really fast. We feel like all the games are virtually the same thing over and over again. We must be weirdos because everyone else seems to love it.

I would definitely check out Kingdom Hearts..though we haven't played the DS version, my dd(8) loooooves the PS2 version, and usually they're pretty similar even on the different platforms. It takes her forever to complete levels, but that's an age thing.

We have Toy Story Mania and really don't care for it! We loved the ride, and the game was fun at first, but it gets really old really fast. We feel like all the games are virtually the same thing over and over again. We must be weirdos because everyone else seems to love it.

I'm with you. We played it for hours and hours when we first got it, but after the same games over and over, the novelty wore off and it hasn't been played since. It was fun at first, though, so instead of buying it, I'd encourage renting it and save yourself $50.

My kids still like their Ratoutille game. It's more of an adventure game.

The Wii makes a Disney version of Dance Dance Revolution (have to buy the mat though..) and it is so much fun, plus, a great workout!!

Speaking of....Game Informer magazine has a cover of Epic Mickey and subsequent article for the Wii. Mickey Mouse vs Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Due Fall 2010. Shots look awesome. They've pulled from classic characters and rides. Look for it!

I don't know the age you are looking for game wise but Kingdom Hearts is now out on DS. It's about beating the Heartless people, who are trying to take over the world and has lots of Disney characters.

It's not bad. I'm not a game person but it keeps my interest though I haven't followed the Final Fantasy stuff I can keep up.

Kingdom Hearts is da bomb!! :lovestruc

I'm so looking forward to Epic Mickey...

i love toy story mania (but i like fps, so take that with a grain of salt.)

I'm with you. We played it for hours and hours when we first got it, but after the same games over and over, the novelty wore off and it hasn't been played since. It was fun at first, though, so instead of buying it, I'd encourage renting it and save yourself $50.

My kids still like their Ratoutille game. It's more of an adventure game.

Maybe you should stand "in line" for 90 minutes in between games, then maybe the novelty won't wear off :goodvibes :rotfl:

Think Fast! is the trivia game, it's so much fun!! The whole family plays it and we all enjoy it. We are considering TSMM for a Christmas gift, I'm hoping to find it for cheap tho. :) I know it won't be very cheap but I'm hoping someone puts it on sale or something. I'm also going to look into Kingdom Hearts, that one sounded fun.

Think Fast! is the trivia game, it's so much fun!! The whole family plays it and we all enjoy it. We are considering TSMM for a Christmas gift, I'm hoping to find it for cheap tho. :) I know it won't be very cheap but I'm hoping someone puts it on sale or something. I'm also going to look into Kingdom Hearts, that one sounded fun.

This week Target has Wii games Buy 2, Get 1 Free so if there are a couple of other games you'd like to get then that could be a good deal.

Maybe you should stand "in line" for 90 minutes in between games, then maybe the novelty won't wear off :goodvibes :rotfl:

:lmao: I remember the AP preview when it first opened. I waited far longer than 90 minutes. Never again!!

One word of warning about Kingdom Hearts. The version that just came out for the DS is not a remake of the PS game. This is another chapter in the story, so it might not make as much sense if you haven't played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I'd recommend reading summaries of the storylines of those two games first if you haven't played them and intend to play the new DS game. (I don't think the story from the older GBA game is really crucial to understanding the rest of the games.)

I am really excited about Epic Mickey. I wish we didn't have to wait another year for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter