Does DCL offer any discounts for Florida Residents?

cathie

Castaway Cay Girl
We don't live in Florida ( not yet) but wondering if DCL ever has any Florida resident discounts. I know they do for the parks & resorts..any info would be helpful!! Thanks Cathie :cool1:

Yes they do, certain times throughout the year (mostly the slower season). It is hit or miss and you really just have to watch the newspaper to find out when they will be offering them (or have a Travel Agent that will look for you)

Hi! WE HAVE GREAT DISCOUNTS WHEN THEY HAVE THEM. IT IS HIT OR MISS THOUGH. WHAT I DO IS BOOK AND THEN HOPE THEY COME OUT. THEY DON'T COME TILL THE LAST MINUTE. I BOOKED FOR JANUARY 13TH 2004 AND GOT ONE. I'M BOOKED NOW FOR MAY7TH AND JUST FOUND OUT YHERE WAS A FLORIDA RATE. WE BOOKED IN MARCH 2004 FOR MAY 7TH 2005 AND STILL GOT BACK $800.00 LAST NIGHT WHEN I CALLED DISNEY. THEY WILL GIVE YOU BACK THE DIFFERENCE. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: ::MickeyMo

We've always used All Season's Travel for our agent, and they are really agressive in finding out when there will be florida rates, and letting us know. If we're already booked, they send us a check. We're very pleased with their service over 5 cruises...IMHO

I just found out in February that they were having FL resident rates in April- we booked a couple weeks later- got a 7 day Western, inside stateroom (it is just 2 of us adults so we dont mind, since we are hardly ever in the room) for $700 total pp, after taxes and charges!!!!!
Definately take advantage!!!! :earsboy:

We were very lucky to have booked the May7, 7-day just as FL Resident was announced...about 5 weeks ago....

Until that time, we were going to book 5/12 3 day, but FL Res was not announced for that date...so, the 3 day cat 9 for the 4 of us would have been $2200....Instead we booked the 7 day w/ FL Res for $2450.00....DCL and ALL Seas are asking $5000+ for 4 cat 9 for this cruise no FL res....

FL res discounts are substantial....

You can keep checking the All Season's website - they keep it up to date but I found out they missed a date and it was not listed.

We were originally going on the 7 day Eastern 4/30 - that I booked through Costco over a year ago. Well, All Seasons announced there was a new FRR for the May 7th cruise. I called Disney direct to check on our date - wishful thinking ;) - to see if there was a discount. The CM told me no but gave me the dates for all the FRR and the 4/16 Eastern was one of them but it was not listed on the All Seasons website. The CM put a courtesy hold on the cabin and I had to make the changes through Costco.

I called Costco and the ressie was changed to the 4/16 cruise PLUS I was given the Costco discount - about 8%-10% - on top of th FRR rate!! We got a refund of $936 - :banana: :banana: ! It will be me, DH and DD13 and we went from CAT 7 original ressie to CAT 6 - because that is all they had for FRR.

It pays to be flexible and watch for the FRR!!! :wave:

I hope this message is not against forum rules...

Magic 7 day Eastern April 16th 2004 Florida resident discount

Booked about 2 weeks ago.

(prices include taxes and fees but no insurance, air or transfers)

Cat 11 deck 5 aft
adult 698.13
adult 698.13
child 448.13
------------
1,844.39 total

Cat 7 deck 5 aft - Navigator verandah
Adult 1,048.13
Child 1,048.13 (paid adult rate dual occupancy rule)
---------------
2,096.26 total

3rd person child rate (quoted but not booked)
child 626.13

P.S.
I have read posts of people waiting a long time for their document pouch.
Our documents arrived 3 days after booking. Maybe, if you have been waiting for a while you should investigate if there was a problem?

So far, The sailings announced for this Spring on (7-night cruises):

Departing:

February 26, 2005
March 5, 2005
March 12, 2005
April 9, 2005
May 7, 2005

The sailings announced for this Spring on (3-night cruises):

Departing:

February 24, 2005
March 10, 2005
March 17, 2005

I have a question for those who have sailed in the late Summer / Fall...What are the FRR dates (typically) at that time?

Thanks,

Dana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter