• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Beach Club and Yacht Club Share Buses to Magic Kingdom?

ashaway12

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon, we are debating staying at the Beach Club for our next Disney stay (you may have seen my post in the Resorts forum), and I was wondering if the Yacht Club and Beach Club share bus service to the Magic Kingdom. I have read some older posts and articles that said in the past buses stopped at Yacht Club and then stopped at Beach Club which at times led to the bus being full by the time it got to the Beach Club. I have also seen other articles like the one linked below that says the two resorts do NOT share buses. Anyone have recent experience with this?

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...-bus-yacht-club-magic-kingdom-morning-463409/

It's possible that they have their own buses at very busy times such as park opening and closing but share when it's not so busy, such as mid-afternoon. Years ago, the park buses covered the entire Epcot Resorts Blvd. loop, stopping at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach before making it around to us at BWV. We saw a lot of packed buses pass us by in the mornings! Over the years they've created more individual resort routes, but when it's not busy it's not unusual to share again.

Last week they shared for all parks - YC first, then BC. We did a split stay between the two and enjoyed the YC much better relative to the busses.

It's possible that they have their own buses at very busy times such as park opening and closing but share when it's not so busy, such as mid-afternoon. Years ago, the park buses covered the entire Epcot Resorts Blvd. loop, stopping at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach before making it around to us at BWV. We saw a lot of packed buses pass us by in the mornings! Over the years they've created more individual resort routes, but when it's not busy it's not unusual to share again.
FYI - Swan/Dolphin no longer share with any Disney resorts at any time for any reason. Their owners dropped all Disney branded bus transportation. So sharing with them will not happen

FYI - Swan/Dolphin no longer share with any Disney resorts at any time for any reason. Their owners dropped all Disney branded bus transportation. So sharing with them will not happen
Yes, I know. Guess I should have included that after my “years ago” statement.

@Mrs.AMC I want to add that I don't think we know who dropped who, but at least for the time being you are right, SDR is using Mears buses. I think the next time we'll learn more is probably Aug/Sept since that when it changed over almost 2 years ago. I do see Disney buses coming back.. one day but not any time soon.

We were at YC early this month. We only went to MK for for early entry once. That time we did not go to BC but went straight to MK. Other times we did go to BC before MK. And they always share on the way back from the parks.

@Mrs.AMC I want to add that I don't think we know who dropped who, but at least for the time being you are right, SDR is using Mears buses. I think the next time we'll learn more is probably Aug/Sept since that when it changed over almost 2 years ago. I do see Disney buses coming back.. one day but not any time soon.
"I don't think we know who dropped who" There is no mystery, Swan and Dolphin made the decision to stop using Disney buses.

"I don't think we know who dropped who" There is no mystery, Swan and Dolphin made the decision to stop using Disney buses.
That’s what I had read too but really, all in all it doesn’t matter. No one needs worry about any Disney resort sharing with Swan/dolphin at this time, which was what OP was curious about, who they could potentially share with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter