Does anyone know??????????

wcw57

DIS Veteran
if it is possible to leave cabin change info at the front desk?....I mean, a sheet where you could leave info in case your cabin was upgraded and it would louse up your FE list?

Someone on our meet list mentioned such a thing happened on whatever cruise line he mentioned....Does/will DCL do such a thing? If so, we can have our "meet" at a more convenient time than the first (which means busy) day

THANX!

The best bet woudl be to tell people at the meet. The problem is if your cabin is changed people won't know to look at the front desk in the first place unless they are told your cabin has changed. If they were told you might as well tell them what it is changed to. Whoever is in charge of your FE and meet will be ablwe to work something out.

The best bet woudl be to tell people at the meet. The problem is if your cabin is changed people won't know to look at the front desk in the first place unless they are told your cabin has changed. If they were told you might as well tell them what it is changed to. Whoever is in charge of your FE and meet will be ablwe to work something out.

Well if they go to the old cabin and there is no FE then they will know something happened and could ask at the Cust Serv Desk...That is, if the Cust serv desk would allow such a thing...

Pre arrange cabins, to hang info with changes, is what we have done in the past. :teacher: no need to bother CS...

The best thing to do is bring paper or sticky notes with you. If your cabin changes, right a note with your disname, old cabin # and new cabin #, drop them into everyone else's FE along with your FE gift or stick it on their door when delivering your FE. You have to go to everyone else's cabin anyway to deliver the FE gifts.

A DISer on my meets thread just sailed in Nov & was able to do an upgrade at the port. Their FE organizer put a list on their cabin door for anyone to go & fill out if they ended up changing cabins. He said there were 3 of them & they just recorded their new cabin info. on the first day. I thought that was a brilliant suggestion - that way everyone could just swing by their organizers door & check for any changes before they started delivering their goodies! Just start the deliveries from there.

For YOUR safety and security, Guest Services will not release a cabin number. As to the FE....usually the best time for a meet is about 3 pm on embarkation day. This is actually a "not busy" time if you have finished lunch.

Many Dis groups establish a location for an information board--for instance, info board will be posted outside cabin 6432. You can post any "old cabin/new cabin" info there as well as any other things that need to be communicated. This is especially useful on longer cruises where there may be activities arranged, etc.

I organized our past f/e, and I put a memo board on my door for any changes etc.

the meets is a great place to share the info ahead of time too.

Similarily...... (is that a word?)

What if you get an upgrade at the port, and someone has sent a gift, or you've ordered one yourself from The Perfect Gift?? Will DCL forward it on to the correct stateroom?

Yes, if you purchase an upgrade at the terminal or get a visit from the upgrade fairy your luggage and any purchased stuff that was sent to your cabin will be transferred to the new cabin. However, make a point of meeting your stateroom host ASAP and give him the old cabin number. The two hosts will work together to be sure that you get everything.

When I purchased an upgrade at the port, the "old" cabin host even came up to meet me and make sure that I had everything!

We are planning to ask for an upgrade at the Port, and if there is one for purchase, we'll drop a note in each FE on our list letting them know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter