Does anyone know when Pop Warner week will be in 2013?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I know we aren't even done with Pop Warner week this year, but I was hoping these events are planned way in advance and that someone would be kind enough to share the info for 2013.

Bete said:
I know we aren't even done with Pop Warner week this year, but I was hoping these events are planned way in advance and that someone would be kind enough to share the info for 2013.

It is always the same week every year; the first full week in December.

It is always the same week every year; the first full week in December.

Last time the 1st was on a Sunday Pop Warner was the 8th-14th so it would be the 2nd week in December 2013 if that's the case

Let us try this again. The dates run Saturday to Saturday.

They always start one week after the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Based on your dates, based on starting on Saturday, not Sunday as you indicated, then that was the first full week in December.

Believe me, I arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year at POR and stay until the following Saturday, when they are all arriving. POR has been the mod for several years, until last year. It has always been the first full week in December starting on Saturday.

ok but weeks don't start on Saturday lol anyways glad we worked that out

If you tell me something is the first full week of the month and I look at any calendar for that based on what you told me I'd have picked the wrong dates and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would have done that. Not going to argue here but the 8-14 is NOT the first full week of December. People just ask based on when they want to plan their vacations

Let us try this again. The dates run Saturday to Saturday.

They always start one week after the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Based on your dates, based on starting on Saturday, not Sunday as you indicated, then that was the first full week in December.

Believe me, I arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year at POR and stay until the following Saturday, when they are all arriving. POR has been the mod for several years, until last year. It has always been the first full week in December starting on Saturday.

ok but weeks don't start on Saturday lol anyways glad we worked that out

If you tell me something is the first full week of the month and I look at any calendar for that based on what you told me I'd have picked the wrong dates and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would have done that. Not going to argue here but the 8-14 is NOT the first full week of December. People just ask based on when they want to plan their vacations

There are a few threads about this that I'm following too because we are trying to plan a trip around that time as well.

From what I can tell from what others are stating based on past calendars & schedules, because Thanksgiving is so late next year (the last Thursday of Nov) and Dec 1 is the Sunday after Thanksgiving, people are speculating that Pop Warner 2013 will actually be the second full week in Dec of 2013 (starting on Sat, Dec 7 and running through Sat, Dec 14). Speculation is that WDW will be a packed house as usual the week of Thanksgiving & the weekend after, and therefore, both WDW and Pop will not bring the kids in the Saturday right after Thanksgiving. Apparently this speculation is based on a similar calendar set up back in 2002 (I think I have that year correct). There is also speculation that the WDW Christmas parade taping will be Sat, Dec 7.

Again, I'm no expert and this is all based on other threads I've been following. It this scenario ends up being correct, I think we are going to book for Dec 2 - 8 and hope WDW throws in a discount for that week sandwiched between Thanksgiving & Pop Warner. If not, oh well, we'll go anyway :)

Hope that clarifies a bit for you OP.

Thanks all for trying, but it looks like it could go either way. we'll have to wait and see.

I'll just have to keep watching and see what happens. I agree with the other poster that I have seen different weeks; because, Thanksgiving can be early or late.

I don't mind POP Warner and we were there once while they were around, but we still got a discount a few years back. This year Disney definitely did not allow a discount for their dates.

I'm going next year at that time period; so, I need to be sure. Time will tell.

Anyway, does anyone know when this gets officially announced? Is it mid year like May or June?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter