Does anyone know what this means? Meet a Spa physician before massage?

JecHec

Mouseketeer
Guests are required to meet with an onboard Spa Physician for a complimentary 30-minute consultation prior to booking a treatment at the Rejuvenation Spa??? Really? For a massage?

Guests are required to meet with an onboard Spa Physician for a complimentary 30-minute consultation prior to booking a treatment at the Rejuvenation Spa??? Really? For a massage?
Probably has to do with making sure there are no medical issues that could be made worse due to the massage.

To go over any issues you may be having. I personally think it is to gather intel for the major product push at the end - very off putting so beware ☹️

I’ve never met with a physician before a massage on board. I have filled out the typical questionnaire each time, though. And I’ve never suffered the hard sell others mention, either.

I’ve never met with a physician before a massage on board. I have filled out the typical questionnaire each time, though. And I’ve never suffered the hard sell others mention, either.
The Rejuvenation Spa isn't just a massage. If you look at the treatments they do there, they seem to be somewhat close to medical procedures:
Dysport® Targeted Wrinkle Softener
Restylane® Facial Dermal Filler
Thermage® Skin Tightening
CoolSculpting® Fat Reduction

Yes - it is ONLY the four items listed above that require the consult. As it states: Guests are required to meet with an onboard Spa Physician for a complimentary 30-minute consultation prior to booking a treatment at the Rejuvenation Spa and those are the only treatments that are listed under the Rejuvenation Spa.

Rejuvenation Spa??? Really? For a massage?

Nope. Not for a massage. The Rejuvenation Spa offerings are not massages, there are 4 “cosmetic treatments” (see PP’s list above). The vast majority of offerings at Senses Spa do not require a physician consult.

Enjoy your cruise!

Like others are saying, the doctor is only for the invasive procedures like injectables. We've done the massages. There's no consultation for them.

Do they really have a doctor on board just for the spa?
They do--- I think the one on the Wonder during our PC cruise was a dermatologist. I didn't get a treatment that needed the consultation, but we visited with her when we were signing up for spin classes and checking in for our massage (simply because she was up at the front desk at that time-- not because we had to report to her for those things).

Just came off Dream. To answer my own question for others, just a few questions- but no consult.

For the massages, they have you fill out a form with "problem areas" and to rate your stress level. They'll sit down with you in the room and look at this form and ask you if you have any injuries or problem areas they should be aware of. Then at the end of the massage, the masseuse will address your problems by writing you a "prescription" for Elemis products. I check no problems and no stress, and they usually leave me alone.... occasionally I'll get a really pushy salesperson. They must earn commission or something. Little do they know, the harder they try to sell me a product, the less I tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter