Does anyone know the name/email of VIP at DVC?

rickdeni

Mouseketeer
Last November we paid off our loan on our shares. Since that time I have called and written to find out where our title is? About 2 months ago someone responded that it must have gotten lost and they would do a search. I tried emailing that person but it got bounced back. I am at my wit's end. Who would you contact?

First off, I'd check this website to see if the mortgage release was filed. If so, I'm guessing you'll need to call Member Accounting to get another copy. If it hasn't been filed, call Member Accounting and see what the hold-up is with it. That is assuming you purchased direct from Disney. If you purchased resale and have an outside loan provider, you can still see if the release was filed, but will of course have to deal with the mortgage institution.

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/wb_or1/or_sch_1.asp

Thank you for the website. Mortgage Release was not filed. I have been calling and emailing them since January to no avail. I hate to pay to hire an attorney but its beginning to look like my only option. They are always pleasant and will look it up and get back to me but they never do. I am afraid this has soured my love of DVC. If anyone can give me a contact name I think it might help.

I would call the loan provider (if Disney, call DVC Member Accounting). Explain that you've been trying to correct this situation for some time, and you'd like to speak to a supervisor (assuming Mem Accounting has supervisors), and tell them that you wee unable to find a satisfaction of mortgage on file at the Orange County website and tha you have not received a copy of it, either. All of this is assuming that you own at a WDW DVC resort...if you own VB or HH you'd need to check with their county comptroller/recorder to verify if the document was filed. I don't have a specific name for anyone at Member Accounting.

Thanks for your help. I own at VWL and I purchased it directly from Disney. I will try one more time calling them. To date I have probably called them 20 times and each time they have been very polite and "will look into it". One time they stated there was a whole stack of payoff documents and they would think that I should get it in a few weeks - that was January 2006. I have emailed them and did get an answer with a name. She stated that she would look into it and get back to me - March 2006. I have emailed her a few times since then with no response. Everyone agrees that I paid it off but no one has a clue where the papers are. Its like hitting your head against a brick wall.

I again emailed the one name I had in Disney Accounting - Janet Tettemer. She replied one week later "it's still at the courthouse apparently since we have not received it back yet". It's like she is the answering the email for the first time - it has been 10 months!!! Thanks for letting me vent. I guess a lawyer is my only answer. What should be wonderful has turned into a nightmare.

The only thing we got in the mail after we paid ours off was a cover letter from Janet Tettemer and the enclosure which was a "satisfaction of mortgage" with our contract number on it and notarized. It took almost 4 and 1/2 months to get ours.

Good luck. Look at the bright side, at least Disney knows you paid it off. Sounds like the hold-up is with Orange County.

It's a good question though - what are you supposed to receive once you are paid off? Would you actually get a title since you don't actually "own" anything? Just curious!

It's a good question though - what are you supposed to receive once you are paid off? Would you actually get a title since you don't actually "own" anything? Just curious!

When you purchase you are buying a deeded interest in a particular resort so you do own something specific. DVC then represents that deeded interest with points for you to reserve rooms.

You own a share the real estate interest so yes, you would get a deed. :) So when you pay off your loan, you would receive a satisfaction of mortgage, just like you would if you had paid off your home.

Chiquita2007 said:
You own a share the real estate interest so yes, you would get a deed. :) So when you pay off your loan, you would receive a satisfaction of mortgage, just like you would if you had paid off your home.

Wow glad I saw this thread. We paid our off just over 14 months ago and I don't remember getting anything. Gonna have to check into that.

I'm not sure you will actually receive the deed itself - but you will receive a letter of satisfaction that your mortgage has been paid.

You can look up your own deed, mortgage and satisfaction on the Orange County
Comptrollers site - http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

Just enter your name (Last, First Middle) in the "Either Party" box and hit "Search" - it should bring up any deeds, mortgages and mortgage satisfaction recorded with the county. This will work for any of the WDW DVC Resorts.

For HH, you will need to use the Beaufort County Register of Deeds site - http://rodweb.bcgov.net/nvtest/or_sch_1.asp

This is good info, thank you. I was thinking that because I won't actually own the DVC Unit I am purchasing limited expiring shares in, I wouldn't get a deed (wouldn't THAT be a dream come true?? :wizard:). I assumed I would get some other form of a "You're paid off!" letter.

I'm not sure it matters anyway since it's all in their lovely nothing-can-ever-go-wrong-system right? :rolleyes1

~the n00b :dance3:

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter