Does anyone know if Spider-Man: No Way Home is being shown on board Fantasy?

SideshowBob

<font color=green>Oil Can aficionado<br><font colo
I was on the Dream the night that would have normally have shown the premier of the film but it was not shown. Heading back out tomorrow on the Fantasy and hoped that it would be showing then ... but the agent whom I spoke to said that she didn't see it listed yet. I am wondering with the whole Sony/Disney deal on Spidey maybe this film is excluded from being shown on board? Anyone know for sure?

I was on the Dream the night that would have normally have shown the premier of the film but it was not shown. Heading back out tomorrow on the Fantasy and hoped that it would be showing then ... but the agent whom I spoke to said that she didn't see it listed yet. I am wondering with the whole Sony/Disney deal on Spidey maybe this film is excluded from being shown on board? Anyone know for sure?

My guess is it won't be due to what you said, the Sony/Disney deal.

It wasn't on our Fantasy cruise right after the movie came out (dec 26th). I wouldn't expect it.

It’s technically distributed by Sony. So no spider man sadly. Last week the movies alternated between Encanto and West Side Story.

They showed “Homecoming” on DCL ships, and that was distributed by Sony.

I believe the distribution rights for Spiderman movies changed since that one.

All three were distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. Perhaps the terms of the deal changed, but I guess my point is that Sony as distributor is not, in and of itself, a deal-breaker for DCL showings.

All three were distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. Perhaps the terms of the deal changed, but I guess my point is that Sony as distributor is not, in and of itself, a deal-breaker for DCL showings.
Here's a link to an article that Disney and Sony reached in April 2021:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/21/22396430/disney-plus-sony-pictures-marvel-deal-spider-man
"The deal also gives Disney the rights to many of Sony’s older films, including Spider-Man titles — meaning that movies starring the web-slinger, which are notably absent from Disney Plus’ collection of Marvel films, could eventually make their way to the streaming service. So even though Disney and Sony’s deal means that Disney won’t have new Spider-Man films right after their theatrical runs, the company will get to include them in its streaming catalogue over the long term — something that Disney arguably values more."

We were on the Fantasy on the 12th. They did not show it. The Entertainment Director told me that it was because Sony owns the rights to the movie and denied Disney permission to show it on the ships.

Just got off the fantasy this morning and it wasn’t there all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter