Does anyone have pics of a category 5E Stateroom Verandah?

CrawfordMomof2

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! :goodvibes

We booked our first cruise on the Disney Dream in Stateroom 8188 which is a category 5E stateroom. Does anyone have pics of a 5E stateroom verandah? Just trying to deal with the excitement until May of 2014. :hyper:

THANKS!:worship:

How's video? It's the Fantasy 8188, but ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwyZikkitQE

:yay::woohoo::yay:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I can't tell you how long we agonized on which stateroom to book, and we decided on a 5E since it had a verandah. We weren't sure we wanted to spend the extra cash on a 4A since it is only the 4 of us, and 2 are the kiddos.

I have searched YouTube multiple times, but I never thought of searching for the Fantasy instead of the Dream. :confused3

Thanks again for spending the time to post that! Now I just have to wait 1 year, 4 months, and 4 more days!!! :banana:

If you really, really want 8188, may I suggest you place a note on your reservation that says "Do not move or upgrade"
:)

The few trip reports I read had nothing but good things to say about the 8188 stateroom. Were you happy with the Stateroom when you guys sailed?

Thanks again! :yay:

We did not sail in this cabin. But all I read is vibration sometimes, but you are way up. Also trash, and water from cleaning outdoors of Cabanas, so listen and watch out.

No wait .... ask for large beach umbrella. :lmao: Just Kidding
Enjoy
:goodvibes

Hi! I took that video of 8188, you're going to love it! We stayed in 8188 on the Fantasy in October. LOVED the deck. You'll get some vibrations when the ship is moving fast, but it's not too bad. The vibrations when docking are very bad, but very brief as well, and I think you'd feel those anywhere aft, and I just looked at it as a wake up call, lol. Didn't have any noise issues. As u can see, the veranda is GINORMOUS! Perfect view pulling in castaway cay. You did good!

Bear3412 said:
We did not sail in this cabin. But all I read is vibration sometimes, but you are way up. Also trash, and water from cleaning outdoors of Cabanas, so listen and watch out.

No wait .... ask for large beach umbrella. :lmao: Just Kidding
Enjoy
:goodvibes

We did sail in the stateroom (on the Fantasy) and nab it when available; no vibration, trash or water ever. We did notice a little more soot than we had in 9674 but it was no big deal!!! On the Fantasy, we had 2 loungers, a side table and 3 chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi! I took that video of 8188, you're going to love it! We stayed in 8188 on the Fantasy in October. LOVED the deck. You'll get some vibrations when the ship is moving fast, but it's not too bad. The vibrations when docking are very bad, but very brief as well, and I think you'd feel those anywhere aft, and I just looked at it as a wake up call, lol. Didn't have any noise issues. As u can see, the veranda is GINORMOUS! Perfect view pulling in castaway cay. You did good!

Thanks for posting that video on YouTube! I have been watching quite a few YouTube videos, getting ready for our cruise. The Stateroom videos are really helpful, and I really appreciate you taking the time to make one. ::yes::

And also, thanks for your feedback on the stateroom as well. I have heard that about the vibration, but it's good to know that it's only for a few minutes. I was wondering about that. :thumbsup2

We will be in 8188 on the Dream in September, it looks like that will be before your cruise, so check back with me after 9/12.

I am a "cruise detective" trying to hunt down rooms with big balconies, and after much research I landed on this room. I hope it lives up to expectations.

The balcony is HUGE. HUGE. By way of comparison, when we've sailed in a balcony room on Carnival, the balcony is so shallow that if one person is sitting on a chair (not a lounger, just a regular chair), you have to basically climb in their lap to get over them to the other chair on the balcony. On RCCL's Freedom, the balcony was about 1.5 times deeper, and that was nice.

The balcony on 8188 is big enough to host a dance party. It's not just very deep, it's also extra wide for this category. Basically, to the port side (right) of this room, there's a linen closet. So the balcony extends beyond where the linen closet is to the start of the next stateroom's more normal width balcony. You get about 50% more balcony than normal for this category because of its location. Now, DCL has bumped up the price category of this room from the 6A it started at, but it still has way more balcony than other 5Es. I'm going to post some links to illustrate.

This is a construction yard photo, so it doesn't have the balcony walls up yet. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38776242&postcount=5 A bit left of the group of folks in front of 8188 is the left balcony wall. If you go over to the right, the right-side balcony wall is about where the first guy in the yellow hat is in front of 8684. You can see it a bit more clearly when you look at the floor below, and 7194 and 7690.

While the 6th and 7th floor rooms at that same "point" in the aft have huge balconies, there is sometimes a huge flag displayed from the pole you can see coming up from 6192. We also looked at 10166, but it's just under Cabanas, and some people have complained about the noise. I want to say there was something different with the bathroom on the 9th floor version of this room, and that's why we didn't pick it.

I will also say, and it's just kind of my gripe, that the staterooms off to the "corners" of the aft area (e.g., 8184 and 8682) are ocean view only, not balcony rooms. Still, the balcony rooms next to them only have a "normal sized" balcony, DCL did not extend those balconies out further toward the windows of those corner cabins. So there's a bunch of wasted, unused balcony space, which breaks my heart. I think the balcony rooms next to those corner rooms could have had extended balconies.

But, for getting a HUGE balcony, I think 8188 is pretty much the ideal cabin in that price category.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/disney-dream/p63418-stateroom-8188.html
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960712

We lucked into 8188 on the Dream for our first cruise last March. In a word - awesome. We had a really great room host too (Nesh)

We have it booked again for next March on the Fantasy. I was pretty bummed when it wasn't available on day 2 of booking, but it opened up a few days later and we switched.

Thanks for all of the info guys! I feel a lot better about our choice in cabin. Now I just have to wait...:hourglass

Hi Everyone! :goodvibes

We booked our first cruise on the Disney Dream in Stateroom 8188 which is a category 5E stateroom. Does anyone have pics of a 5E stateroom verandah? Just trying to deal with the excitement until May of 2014. :hyper:

THANKS!:worship:

We are sailing on this ship May 4th! If you are sailing that Sunday, you've just 'met' your next door neighbor!

We are sailing on this ship May 4th! If you are sailing that Sunday, you've just 'met' your next door neighbor!

If CM2's ticker is correct, I believe they are sailing Dream 5/25 fwiw.

However, I would like to say, Welcome to the Disboards. :cool1:

:)

We will be in 8188 on the Dream in September, it looks like that will be before your cruise, so check back with me after 9/12.
We will be in 8188 right after you. We board on 9/11. It will be our second cruise in 8188 on the Dream. We have also sailed in 7192 on the Dream and 9176 on the Fantasy. Obviously, we like it it back there in the aft cabins!

We have felt some vibration when pulling into port. I actually like the vibrations. They serve as a wake up call and a notice that it's time to get out on the balcony to enjoy watching the ship pulling into port.

The only cruise we had any issue with soot was in 9176 on the Fantasy. Between our cabin steward and the maintenence staff, they did an excellent job of keeping our balcony cleaned up. Never did we see any trash or water from Cabanas.

Hope you enjoy your cruise in our favorite cabin. We will be watching you sail away on the webcam! :wave::teeth:

I will also say, and it's just kind of my gripe, that the staterooms off to the "corners" of the aft area (e.g., 8184 and 8682) are ocean view only, not balcony rooms. Still, the balcony rooms next to them only have a "normal sized" balcony, DCL did not extend those balconies out further toward the windows of those corner cabins. So there's a bunch of wasted, unused balcony space, which breaks my heart. I think the balcony rooms next to those corner rooms could have had extended balconies.

Actually 8184 and 8682 have huge balconies. Here's a youtube video of 8682:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnl3V7c-d1g

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter