Does anybody have...?

roymccoy

Efficient Oxygen Exchanger<br><font color="#0080c0
any pictures of what the Submarines look like now? I understand that they were never removed from their tracks and stored on dry land but that they are being stored on their tracks and they are hiding them back in the "show building" behind the waterfalls in the lagoon.

What kind of shape could they be in after 5 years of storage and probably very little maintenance? I mean, if the attractions that people ride and that are in public view were in disrepair, how bad must the hidden subs be?

It would be interesting to see survey pictures or pictures that employees have shot of the subs in their current state.

Roy

They are sitting in the boneyard near the Magic Kingdom. I think GLB had some pics, but I don't know if his sites are still alive.

I thought that one was in the backstage drydock and the rest were lined up in the show building?

We're talking Anaheim, right? I think the wdw ones are burried, except the ones sunk at castaway key

It is my understanding that all the subs were destroyed and buried in the Disney landfill around the first of the year, with the exception of the one sub in Castaway Cay.

Roy,
I think you are talking about the disneyland subs, not the wdw ones, since there is talking about the subs coming back at disneyland. On the bottom of this page, and on the next page, there are some pictures of the back stage drydock. This was in late March, and the hatch on the sub in drydock had been opened and a dumpster put in beside it. There aren't any other subs in the pictures, the thinking is that one is in the drydock, the others lined up in the show building - does anyone know anything else about the disneyland subs?

http://rebelhosting.net/covnut/disneyland/3_23_03/index11.htm

http://rebelhosting.net/covnut/disneyland/3_23_03/index12.htm

The SUbs are in good working order. Their engines get fired up once a month. The talk is that the only problems with them are the same problems they had when they were closed. Supposedly work will be done to fix the leaking.

Thanks everyone! Ask and ye shall receive! I was indeed asking about the DL subs and it looks like that they are in pretty good shape. I was wondering how they expected to open them back up after 5 years of setting in the water with little or no maintenance
when I have trouble starting my car if I leave it at the airport for a couple of weeks!

I guess there has been some routine maintenance done on them over the years so maybe it won't be too much trouble getting it them going again.

Roy

I am surprised that the WDW subs may have been buried! I would have guessed that Disney would have saved them somewhere and then decided to auction them off on Ebay like they did one of the monorail cars!!;)

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter