Does AAA offer discounts on Disney Cruises?

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone
I will be booking my first Disney cruise in the next few weeks and I always book my disney world vacations thru AAA, I was wondering if I book my disney cruise through AAA what kind of discounts do you get?
Thanks

DCL does not allow TA's to discount cruises. What some TA's do is to offer an onboard credit or other 'gifts' when you book thru them. There's been thread on here in the last week or so and it mentions that AAA has not released what their offer will be when booking a 2011 cruise.

Though I've gotten good deals on WDW packages through AAA, I did not find this to be the case for DCL vacations. We booked our first cruise a couple of months ago, and I realized, too late, that since we went through AAA we didn't even get the $25 OBC that was being offered through the DCL webiste. In truth, I did all the work and research myself. All my TA did was call DCL to put in the reservation and she got a $120 commission! She didn't even know that you can take the transfer buses directly from the port to a WDW resort! She tried to tell me that I had to take the transfer back to MCO, and then take ME to WDW!:sad2:

But, I digress....

I booked the first five of our DCL cruises thru my AAA agent but found with the Transatlantic we just booked that Dreams Unlimited offered a $100 shipboard credit vs. $25 with AAA. No discounts on the cruise from what Disney shows on their webste. $100 vs $25 got my attention.

As far as I know there are no discounts offered by any TA's. The only thing they can offer is an on board credit which as someone has already stated have not been released for 2011. The only discount we get is when we rebook on board and that's 10%.

Well I am very happy to tell you that today I stumbled upon a 25% off Canadian Resident discount. I got a 7 night E Caribbean for $1593.00 for my dh and myself......:cool1: Feb 26-Mar 5. I have never been on a Disney Cruise so am full of questions...dont know where to start....:confused3:lovestruc

Well I am very happy to tell you that today I stumbled upon a 25% off Canadian Resident discount. I got a 7 night E Caribbean for $1593.00 for my dh and myself......:cool1: Feb 26-Mar 5. I have never been on a Disney Cruise so am full of questions...dont know where to start....:confused3:lovestruc

Congrats! Check out the Sticky thread at the top of the board, that has lots of good information for you to start.

Also, if you like books for planning, I like the Passporter Guide. You can get it on their website (passporter.com) or Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.

You will love the cruise...we went on a 3 night last year to "test the waters" and booked a 7 night for this year. Counting down as we speak!

DLW8....thanks alot I am very excited!!!! Maybe since you have been on one already you can answer 3 of my million questions......how does the gratuity work? I have been on Carnival and Royal and I have prepaid my gratuity. I seen on here that it suggests......certain amounts for certain jobs?????:confused3 Also do they have a soda card or is it free? Oh and for my dh....how much is beer?:rotfl2:

DLW8....thanks alot I am very excited!!!! Maybe since you have been on one already you can answer 3 of my million questions......how does the gratuity work? I have been on Carnival and Royal and I have prepaid my gratuity. I seen on here that it suggests......certain amounts for certain jobs?????:confused3 Also do they have a soda card or is it free? Oh and for my dh....how much is beer?:rotfl2:

Your answers can be found in the FAQ sticky at the top of the main cruise boards page or by reading thru various threads or by using the search function. You can also get some of the answers on DCL's website.

Please keep this thread on topic of what AAA is offering as an incentive to book.

thanks,

Your answers can be found in the FAQ sticky at the top of the main cruise boards page or by reading thru various threads or by using the search function. You can also get some of the answers on DCL's website.

Please keep this thread on topic of what AAA is offering as an incentive to book.

thanks,

Thank you! I looked there and got all I needed and more...:worship:

Also sorry for hijacking this thread....:flower3:

Hi everyone
I will be booking my first Disney cruise in the next few weeks and I always book my disney world vacations thru AAA, I was wondering if I book my disney cruise through AAA what kind of discounts do you get?
Thanks

It is better if you book the cruise on your own by calling Disney you will save your self $900.00 dollors in comission that AAA will get.I book our cruise and sail back in Sept.I got a price from AAA and then did it myself and that was the price I save also if you do it yourself you will get the on board credit of $25.00 that AAA does not offer .What boat are you planning,if you are going on the Wonder we stayed in room 7620 and LOVE IT also got it at a cheaper price and it has a balcony,it was cad. 6 at a cad. 7 price any more ? please ask

It is better if you book the cruise on your own by calling Disney you will save your self $900.00 dollors in comission that AAA will get.I book our cruise and sail back in Sept.I got a price from AAA and then did it myself and that was the price I save also if you do it yourself you will get the on board credit of $25.00 that AAA does not offer .What boat are you planning,if you are going on the Wonder we stayed in room 7620 and LOVE IT also got it at a cheaper price and it has a balcony,it was cad. 6 at a cad. 7 price any more ? please ask

Some people have reported that their AAA agent booked their DCL cruise online thru DCL's website so the guest was able to get the $25 online booking credit thru DCL.
Not sure why you are saying to call DCL to save the $900 commission that AAA will get, TA's charge the same price as is on the DCL website.

As far as the cabin you sailed in, that cabin was reclassified as a cat. 7 many years ago it started out as a cat. 5 since it's on deck 7. We've stayed in that cabin on both ships and love it for the price savings, the location, and the verandah.

I am so confused about what I am reading... booking through a Travel Agent (AAA included) will not get you charged a higher amount. The amount should be the same exact thing that you would get if you called DCL yourself.

The benefit in using a TA is that there are some who are very knowledgable and thorough and you can benefit from things that they know if they are good. Also many will give you extra incentives such as a gift card or higher OBC than DCL will give.

Stating "save yourself 900 commission" shows that not only do you not know how it works but you don't care that you are giving a bad name to those good TAs out there who specialize in Disney products, know their stuff, and get you a better deal than working with the cruise line directly.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter