Dodge Journey fit a Golden Tech scooter?

Grateful Mickey

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
I'm a 13 year stroke survivor & my main ECV transportation (to & from a Theme Park) is assembling/disassembling a Golden Tech Buzzaround scooter in the back cargo area (with the 3rd row down) of a Dodge Grand Caravan. It fits!! yaaay! Question: can a Dodge Journey (which is a little bit smaller, cargo wise) fit my 3 wheel full size ECV? Anyway, happy holidays & a blessed New Year!

Scott in Miami

Although there are no dimensional measurements given, this web page (from Dodge) does give cargo "sizes" in cubic feet. If you have the same measurements from your Grand Caravan, you could (theoretically) compare them as a base starting point.

You might be able to call a local Dodge dealership, express an interest in the vehicle, and ask a salesperson to measure the cargo area for you.

Or, you may be able to find an enthusiastic owner's group online, where you could get those measurements from someone who owns one.

The other question you might want to ask about is "liftover height" - how high you must lift to get an item into the rear cargo area. Even within a single model (thinking here of the Kia Soul, my daily driver) the liftover heights have varied as much as 4 inches between years, and models. 4 Inches does not sound like a lot until you try to lift *past* your usual point at the end of a long Disney Day...

I have a Dodge Grand Caravan and my husband has a dodge journey. Definitely research the floor to deck height, as it is much higher to lift my wheelchair into the back of a dodge journey. I would also look up the interior height of the back, as it is smaller than the caravan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter