Doctor Who series premiere... thoughts?

bazzanoid

where'sthespacebar?
So, tonight's season opener provided a few interesting things.....

How the heck does dead dalek girl end up the companion?

The Question was asked, and Dorium's phrasing/way of saying it was repeated by the Doctor once back in the tardis to make sure we didn't miss it...

If the daleks don't know who the doctor is, then surely they no longer have any fear......

Intriguing, head-spinning, wonderful fun, I think this will be a good season!

:goodvibes

I've taped it (though watched the first 20 mins), it looks good, though I wish I had the enthusiasm for this Doctor as I did for David Tennant's

I'll post again once I've watched it all ::yes::

I haven't watched it yet although DH has and he thought it was good.
though I wish I had the enthusiasm for this Doctor as I did for David Tennant's
Ditto ::yes::

I also find Amy Pond/Karen Gillan extremely annoying so will probably enjoy it a LOT more once she's gone!

I also find Amy Pond/Karen Gillan extremely annoying so will probably enjoy it a LOT more once she's gone![/QUOTE]

Me too, Elaine! In fact I couldn't even finish watching it, she was so irritating!

I was a bit annoyed that the Doctor said "Doctor Who?" Has he ever said that before? I don't remember it happening before. I like Rory better than Amy although neither of them hold a candle to a lot of the great companions from the original such as Romana, Sarah Jane, Ace, and Liz.

I'm tired of the romance stuff on the show. I know that this is Doctor Who for a new generation but one thing I always liked about the original is that it was free of that. I also wish they'd go to more alien worlds and help them. I really liked that aspect of the original. The new version feels too earth bound.

I was a bit annoyed that the Doctor said "Doctor Who?"

Listen again. He was smirking at the daleks not knowing him, but if you listen to the way he said it, 'twas identical to how Dorium Maldovar said it when the doc left him in the crypt..... especially the final "doc-tor... WHO!"

So the daleks asked The Question that must never be answered.....

tumblr_m6249mgz9d1r4widc.gif

Just watched it on catch-up and thought it was brilliant. I especially liked Jenna-Louise Coleman - I can see I'm going to enjoy her as the new companion come Christmas. :thumbsup2

I also find Amy Pond/Karen Gillan extremely annoying so will probably enjoy it a LOT more once she's gone!

Me too, though I love Rory ::yes::

Just watched it on catch-up and thought it was brilliant. I especially liked Jenna-Louise Coleman - I can see I'm going to enjoy her as the new companion come Christmas. :thumbsup2

I watched it not long after I posted this morning, and I loved it, I think JLC will make a great addition. It looks like the Doctor will probably befriend her in her past, persuade her not to take that journey, then the Daleks will remember who the Doctor is (just my tuppence worth lol :rotfl:) :)

Roll on Christmas when she becomes the next companion :thumbsup2

we watched it last night and enjoyed it.
How the heck does dead dalek girl end up the companion?

It looks like the Doctor will probably befriend her in her past, persuade her not to take that journey, then the Daleks will remember who the Doctor is (just my tuppence worth lol :rotfl:) :)

Roll on Christmas when she becomes the next companion :thumbsup2

I agree with Mandy, he will pick her up in the past.
he is a time traveller after all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter