Doctor Who Fans Some Interesting Spoilers

Andrew DEREK UK

DIS Veteran
From the SUN today:-

KYLIE Minogue is set to solve a years-old Doctor Who mystery – she IS the Tardis!

Who buffs reckon the pop princess’s appearance as waitress Astrid Perth in a Christmas special cracks an ancient code.

Astrid is an anagram of Tardis, while Perth means “part” in Welsh, where the show is filmed – so her name translates as “part Tardis”.

And Kylie, 39, exits the BBC sci-fi hit by spinning into space – as the Tardis is frequently seen doing.

A BBC source said: “Viewers have often been told the Tardis is a living organism.

“But mystery has always surrounded what it is and what gives it its powers. The elements we know about Kylie’s appearance all point towards her being the Tardis.

“The fact Kylie had a hit called Spinning Around is an added irony.” But as usual with the show, fans will be left guessing the whole story.

Meanwhile, a scene at the end of the last series – in which a female hand picked a ring out of the Master’s ashes – has sparked rumours the character returns next series as a WOMAN.

But to add to the mystery, there are suggestions that John Simm – who played the Master – returns in the New Year.

EARLIER REPORT

KYLIE Minogue will plant a tender kiss on Dr Who in the Time Lord’s Christmas special, The Sun can reveal.

The tiny pop poppet has to climb on a box to snog the lofty Doctor, played by David Tennant.

But romantics will be disappointed to learn there will be no lasting love between the pair.

The seasonal spectacular ends on a sad note when Kylie, playing Dr Who’s temporary sidekick, spins off into space in a strange “half-form” of herself.

Kylie’s Christmas smacker is revealed in a plot outline for the show.

BBC bosses have been desperate to keep it secret — but The Sun has seen a copy.

We can reveal the special is set on board the Titanic, which has become a spaceship run by arch-baddie Max Capricorn.

The Doctor stows away on board and teams up with feisty waitress Astrid Peth, played by Aussie Kylie.

Together, the pair must save the Earth from mad Max’s evil intentions. But they snatch a brief opportunity to get smoochy.

Astrid tells the Doctor: “You need someone to look after you — can I come with you?” He agrees.

And according to the script, they share “a good kiss”.

Last night a show insider said: “Dr Who is one lucky, lucky, lucky time traveller. Who wouldn’t want to be snogged by Kylie?”

The special ends with a stunning scene in which the Titanic falls from the sky and looks like crashing on Buckingham Palace.

Kylie, 39, looked highly kissable last night at a preview of the musical Rent in London.

CHILDREN IN NEED

Who Needs Another Doctor?

The Tenth Doctor meets the Fifth Doctor.

David Tennant's Tenth Doctor is set to meet Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor in a special scene commissioned for BBC One's Children in Need.

The scene, entitled Time Crash, was written by award winning Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat, and will transmit as part of the Children in Need fundraising evening on Friday 16 November 2007.

"It is an honour for me to be able to make the connection between the Fifth Doctor and the Tenth Doctor," noted Peter Davison. "However, now is not the time for sound-bites. I can feel the hand of history on my shoulder, even if I can't do the buttons up!"

Look out for more coverage on the site nearer the time - and don't forget to support Children In Need and donate on the night!

Thanks for posting this - we can't wait for the next series. :woohoo: The Science & Industry Museum in Manchester is running a Children in Need Special night next Friday night (2nd Nov) and we have got tickets :cool1: Loads of really good stuff on the agenda to tide us over until the Christmas Episode.

Thanks for posting this - we can't wait for the next series. :woohoo: The Science & Industry Museum in Manchester is running a Children in Need Special night next Friday night (2nd Nov) and we have got tickets :cool1: Loads of really good stuff on the agenda to tide us over until the Christmas Episode.

Yes cant wait, the SUN has a 50/50 record on geting its DW facts right.

Thanks for the info!

Is anyone else watching the Sarah Jane adventures? We recorded them while we were away and are quite impressed so far - very similar style to the old Dr Who stories :)

I used to be able to but I have a class on at the exact time.. :( My Uncle is recording them for me though.. :)

Thanks for the info!

Is anyone else watching the Sarah Jane adventures? We recorded them while we were away and are quite impressed so far - very similar style to the old Dr Who stories :)

I used to be able to but I have a class on at the exact time.. :( My Uncle is recording them for me though.. :)

When I can I do watch and yes they are like old 'who' they are repeated all over the place on CBBC, I try to get 5.30pm Monday if not Sunday at 6pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!