Do your older children typically know what their Christmas gifts are beforehand?

My aunts girls (11/13) know what there getting. the youngest ONLY wanted a e reader, harped about it for months and convinced her sister she wanted one too. So they know there both gettin ereaders from mom, cases from me, assessories from there aunt, and 10 bucks from grandma. i know (28 here) that my mom bought me a tablet, and my aunt a case with asscessories. Grandma already gave me a gift (loaned me money). The girls also know tere getting clothes, there only suprize is dvds we picked up at black friday

I have a feeling that it will be like that this year for my kids (15 and 13). The only thing my son is asking for is a new tv and my daughter wants Ugg boots and a North Face jacket (so I think she'll need to be there with me when i get them. Then I will pick up some smaller stuff so they have some presents to open.

I'm in my 20s. I typically know what I'm getting just because my mom asks or tells me. Sometimes I even get my gift early, depending on what it is.

She likes to surprise me so I will get a little something that I didn't know about most years.

My 2 know their major gift this year (but I'm surprising both of them with one more ;)) and that part of it makes me sad. I loved the whole "surprise!" of Christmas. :(

They always get pajamas and this year they both picked them out, so they got exactly what they wanted. I guess they don't trust my judgement when it comes to jammies. :confused3:laughing:

I'm 22 and I've known what most of my presents are for the last several years (upwards of 7 or 8, probably). There are always surprises but my Mom goes by the theory that if she is going to be spending all that money and time picking out a gift it might as well be the things I want rather than things she thinks I might want. Especially more expensive items or when the item is specific (like a camera). I like it better that way honestly. She is the same exact way so I know where I get if from. She'll often go buy something and call it her present from Dad/the family. And if I didn't buy my Dads presents for my Mom (after checking to see if there is anything she would like specifically) she would never like any of them.

PS: My son has just added a Carhartt coat/jacket to his list. (Darn, he had tryed on one better coat that was lookin' so FINE on him!!!) He really wants the more rugged, everyday, working-guy Carhartt. His buddy has one that his grandma bought for him. Hard to try to keep up with the Jones' when Grandma Jones seems to have a lot of bucks to buy the nicest Underarmour, Carhartt, etc..!!!!

Just as an aside, I have gotten some incredibly good deals on Carhartt from sierratradingpost.com. Just google for a code first.

Well now she knows some of the things she is getting this year too-I was out last night and came across Ugg gloves so I sent her a pic asking if she liked them and what color, same thing with the new Ugg boots I got her last night.

Yes, my teens know most of what they are getting. Neither wants very much--so there is not really enough to narrow down from a list--and both are pretty picky and specific about brands, sizes, color, etc. It would be nice to surprise them--but they are happier knowing what is coming and getting what they want than being surprised with something they don't really like.

Mostly, yes. My 13 y/o doesn't want anything but money, but I normally try to surprise her with the stocking stuffers with make up and small stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter