• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do your kids watch the old Disney Cartoons on Resort TV?

goofy4wdw59

Long Time Disney Fan
I posted this on the Resort Board and thought I would put it here too...
We stayed at ASMovies and VWL in early June. Our kids really enjoyed watching a group of old Disney cartoons that were running continuously on (I think) Disney TV channel 96?. In fact, that's all our kids wanted to watch--over and over--when we were back in the resort room!
The group included some old silly symphony cartoons and one called "Lambert, the Sheepish Lion". (I can't get that song out of my head!--"LAAAAAMMMMBBERT! THE SHEEPISH LION!"...)

First, I'm curious if any our you back from a recent WDW vacation had the same experience--did you/your children see these cartoons? Over and over again?, HA!

I meant to find out more about them/see if it was a tape for sale before we left for home...and...of course...I forgot to do it!
If any of you have info or know the names/more familiar with this group of cartoons, can you let me know? I will probably call WDW general info to see what I can find out. I looked at the recent "Silly Symphony" collection/Leonard M and it doesn't appear to be it..."Lambert" is a cartoon from the 50's. Anyway, this group of cartoons is a definite hit in our house!!:D :p :D

Lambert is on a collection of the Walt Disney Mini Classics called Willie the Operatic Whale. It is a 30-minute tape that also has Ferdinand the Bull. I don't know if these are still available, but it is a cute cartoon! Hopefully you can find it.

Thanks for the info campingcorgi! I will look for this tape.

I don't think I'll find this collection of old cartoons together on one VHS or DVD. Disney appears to have put this group together only for resort TV.
We had not seen Lambert, a couple of the older Mickey and Donald Duck cartoons before--I'll keep an eye out for them on other tapes.
Our kids were familiar with some of these older cartoons--on the "Spirit of Mickey", "Fun and Fancy Free", and/or "MelodyTime" tapes. Another oldie but goody is our family favorite, "Make Mine Music". If you haven't viewed these older Disney collections, they are wonderful.
Anyway, if anyone is interested, you can check them out on resort TV channel 96? or something like that! :D :D :D

goofy4wdw59--thanks for the info on the channel. On our next trip we are taking some blank tapes to tape some of the resort tv to bring home.

Last fall, Disney issued a limited series of 4 Collectors edition DVD sets. Two of them are cartoons, the other two are early tour-films of Disneyland, and the Davy Crockett TV series, respectively.

The sets run about $22 each. We have both of the cartoon sets, and they are WONDERFUL!!!! One set is the best of the Silly Symphonies (including the best one, IMO, "Water Babies"), the other set is called "Mickey Mouse in Living Color," which includes most of the classic Mickey Shorts of the early 30's, including "The Band Concert."

We already had a few of the SS on a video we found on clearance years ago, and we knew that DS adored them. We collect old animation, so we also have things like Tubby the Tuba, Little Audrey, and Betty Boop. DS likes them just as much, or maybe better than the modern stuff.

These DVD's are priceless, if you ask me. They are still available at most large video outlets, but they are numbered issues, so if you want them, get them now; when they are gone, they are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter