Do you wear glasses? What you should know about the Aquaduck

Just on the dream and guy in front of us wore a hat, sunglasses and flip flops. He sat on the flip flops but kept the hat and glasses on.

castmbr said:
Just on the dream and guy in front of us wore a hat, sunglasses and flip flops. He sat on the flip flops but kept the hat and glasses on.

I left my dd's glasses in the room, but absolutely had to wear mine. Blind as a bat. :) they are Transitions so look like sunglasses. Told the cm they were prescription and they were fine.

We all wore water shoes, the ones that are tight on the feet and aren't likely to fly off the feet. They were fine with those too. Some guy ahead of us sat on his flipflops.

You totally need to wear something on your feet walking on that deck. We burned the soles of our feet walking over to the line up. Youch!

Last year, before going out on the Fantasy MV, the word was spread that glasses could be worn only if they were attached to the lanyard type holders or some of the other kind that keep glasses on your head securely.
It was my understanding at the time that it was due to not wanting the tube scratched.
So I specifically went out and bought something to keep them on ( they are prescription,transitions AND line less bi-focal - talk about not being able to see....).
Well, guess what I forgot to bring for tomorrow's cruise........
So here's hoping I can get on the AD with just my glasses on and nothing to keep them on,otherwise it will be more like a Tower Of Terror ride for me - lots of movement with little to see....or maybe more like Space Mountain.......either way,I won't know what's going on the whole time if I don't have my glasses on...:confused:

I wore my prescription sunglasses last fall & I sat on my shoes. No one ever made a comment to me.

I didn't even realize that I still had my sunglasses on when we got to the front of the line. I asked the CM if I could wear them and he said that was fine, or I could hold on to them if I wanted to. I wore them and it was fine. The ride was not very rough at all, and the splash at the bottom is very small. I also agree with PP about wearing some kind of shoes in line. We were there in January, and it was warm, but I'm sure nowhere near as hot as other times of the year, and those stairs were really hot!!!

Last year, before going out on the Fantasy MV, the word was spread that glasses could be worn only if they were attached to the lanyard type holders or some of the other kind that keep glasses on your head securely.
It was my understanding at the time that it was due to not wanting the tube scratched.
So I specifically went out and bought something to keep them on ( they are prescription,transitions AND line less bi-focal - talk about not being able to see....).
Well, guess what I forgot to bring for tomorrow's cruise........
So here's hoping I can get on the AD with just my glasses on and nothing to keep them on,otherwise it will be more like a Tower Of Terror ride for me - lots of movement with little to see....or maybe more like Space Mountain.......either way,I won't know what's going on the whole time if I don't have my glasses on...:confused:

All is not lost! Just go into any sunglasses store, are you at the airport, there are a couple stores, and buy a pair of croakies. I love mine and couldn't do without them on our trips.

My husband was told to remove his sunglasses and put them in the cubbies. We got off the Aquaduck and his sunglasses had been stolen. These were nice sunglasses. It ruined his entire 1 day on the cruise.

We checked with guest services every day. When we go back April 13th, he will wear them on the ride even if they tell him to remove them.

Yikes!! My son needs his glasses.... Not to mention trying to keep track of them if he does take them off!

I know there are conflicting reports about this, even on the same cruise, a different CM might tell you that you can't wear them. I just thought I'd post as a warning that someone might not be allowed to wear them. I was pretty upset, as I'd been able to wear the glasses before.

I was told that it was because the glasses could come off and scratch inside the tube.

my daughter can not see a ft in front of her without her glasses - so she wore them on the aqua duck, in the goofy pool, into the water at castaway cay, parasailing and wave running - I also wore my Oakleys on all the same things (but I just wanted to be cool) there were never any problems....

The wave running CM did say we were wearing our glasses at our own risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter