Do you unpack your suitcase and use the drawers, closet, etc? with poll

Do you unpack and use the closet and drawers?

• Yes, we unpack our suitcases and use the drawers and closet

Votes: 494 69.3%
  • No we do not unpack, we live out of our suitcase

Votes: 89 12.5%
  • We don't use drawers, only use the closet for some items, the rest stays in the luggage

Votes: 116 16.3%
  • We don't use the closet, but we use the drawers.

Votes: 14 2.0%

• Total voters

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Just curious how many people actually unpack their suitcase and use the drawers, closet etc? Do you use the drawers under the bed, in the dresser, etc?

eta- I just added a 4th choice, for those who prefer that option.

Last edited:
My choice was not on there.
I don't use the closet but I do use the drawers.
I hate having to lift the suitcase onto the bed daily to take stuff out.
I put my clothes in the drawers and other things I need I set on the table/counter space/sink area/shower.
I make sure to pack in order of day so I can just grab my outfit before bed and in the morning I carry it to the bathroom where I shower and dress.
Makes it go more smoothly.

I'm the same as @Disneylover99 , it depends on the length of trip. It also depends on the activities I'd be participating in. If I packed a dress for a formal evening/event, I would use the closet even if it was short stay. But that doesn't happen often, so I think I unpack if it's 4+ nights.

It depends on where we are staying and for how long. We only use the closet to hang beach towels and things like that. Not clothes. If we are doing one night in a value before we move on, we pack one overnight bag for the 4 of us, and take that plus the tote with toiletries in the room and leave the rest in the van. If we are settled in for our trip at a WDW resort, we usually unpack the suitcases and put them back in the van so we have more space. When we stayed in a 3-bedroom condo this past summer, DH and I did not unpack, we left the suitcase on the floor of our bedroom. I don't know if the kids unpacked or not.

Never. Unless you count removing toiletry case to sit on the counter. Aside from that, I hate packing so why on earth would I unpack just for a few days in a hotel, only to have to repack again.
I rarely have anything nice enough to need to hang but if there is a reason we have something nice with us we may hang that item.
I put my bag on top of the suitcase rack and take out the items I need each day.

We also use packing cubes. They make it very quick and easy to unpack our suitcases. We place or cubes in the drawers and also hang our clothes in the closet. For us not going in and out of a suitcase daily makes it seem like we are at home.

I unpack the kids clothes. I leave the adult clothes in the suitcases. No idea why it's just the kids clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter