Do you unpack your suitcase and use the drawers, closet, etc? with poll

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Childs1stTime2Disney, Dec 27, 2018.

?

Do you unpack and use the closet and drawers?

1. Yes, we unpack our suitcases and use the drawers and closet

489 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. No we do not unpack, we live out of our suitcase

89 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. We don't use drawers, only use the closet for some items, the rest stays in the luggage

116 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. We don't use the closet, but we use the drawers.

14 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney Planning ahead to keep the dream alive!

Just curious how many people actually unpack their suitcase and use the drawers, closet etc? Do you use the drawers under the bed, in the dresser, etc?

eta- I just added a 4th choice, for those who prefer that option.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Pm3681 likes this.
  2. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.

My choice was not on there.
    I don't use the closet but I do use the drawers.
    I hate having to lift the suitcase onto the bed daily to take stuff out.
    I put my clothes in the drawers and other things I need I set on the table/counter space/sink area/shower.
    I make sure to pack in order of day so I can just grab my outfit before bed and in the morning I carry it to the bathroom where I shower and dress.
    Makes it go more smoothly.

m3owbox likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Lalabubbles

Lalabubbles Mouseketeer

We all use the packing cubes, which we love. We unpack those and place them in the drawers and hang up what needs to be hung up in the closet.

5. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

Same here.

With the cubes, we’re unpacked in <5 mins. Love those things.

6. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

I voted other. :)

It depends on how long we’re staying. 2-4 day trips, we usually don’t unpack. If the trip is a week or more? Yes, definitely, we unpack everything and use drawers and closets.

7. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

I'm the same as @Disneylover99 , it depends on the length of trip. It also depends on the activities I'd be participating in. If I packed a dress for a formal evening/event, I would use the closet even if it was short stay. But that doesn't happen often, so I think I unpack if it's 4+ nights.

need2travel likes this.
  8. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

If we don't unpack, it doesn't feel like we're 'there', more like just passing through another motel on the road.

Bill From PA

9. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

We unpack as soon as we arrive. I hate digging through luggage for stuff.

10. P'colaBeachBum

P'colaBeachBum Go 'Noles!

Ditto...we love packing cubes and use every hanger in the closet. Don't want to have to iron clothes when I'm on vacation.

11. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

Never unpack in any resort. Live out of our suitcase, never put suitcases or bags on floors, use the closet for hanging items. No thanks on any resort drawers.:eek:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 4:56 AM
  12. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Where do you put your suitcases?

13. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

On the suitcase rack, if we have a few, sometimes dressers, sometimes a chair.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    tgarre06, NYCANC, Babsy and 1 other person like this.
  14. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

It depends on where we are staying and for how long. We only use the closet to hang beach towels and things like that. Not clothes. If we are doing one night in a value before we move on, we pack one overnight bag for the 4 of us, and take that plus the tote with toiletries in the room and leave the rest in the van. If we are settled in for our trip at a WDW resort, we usually unpack the suitcases and put them back in the van so we have more space. When we stayed in a 3-bedroom condo this past summer, DH and I did not unpack, we left the suitcase on the floor of our bedroom. I don't know if the kids unpacked or not.

15. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Never. Unless you count removing toiletry case to sit on the counter. Aside from that, I hate packing so why on earth would I unpack just for a few days in a hotel, only to have to repack again.
    I rarely have anything nice enough to need to hang but if there is a reason we have something nice with us we may hang that item.
    I put my bag on top of the suitcase rack and take out the items I need each day.

16. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

We put ours on the suitcase rack. I mean, that's what it's for, right? To hold your suitcase

17. CogsworthTN

CogsworthTN Earning my ears: Disney Mom of 2

We also use packing cubes. They make it very quick and easy to unpack our suitcases. We place or cubes in the drawers and also hang our clothes in the closet. For us not going in and out of a suitcase daily makes it seem like we are at home.

18. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Ironing! Blech. What an awful 4 letter word. That's why one brings only clothes that do not need to be ironed. Add to that it means breathable and wicking fabrics and that's ideal for Disney anyway.

VAfamily1998 and marcyleecorgan like this.
  19. PrincesCJM

PrincesCJM DIS Veteran

I unpack the kids clothes. I leave the adult clothes in the suitcases. No idea why it's just the kids clothes.

20. rdaky

rdaky Mouseketeer

I'm pretty grossed out by the drawers. I doubt they are cleaned between every guest. I have stayed in more than one resort and opened drawers only to find someone else's things (everything from glow sticks to underwear)

21. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

We usually unpack into the drawers , but as a family of 5 it just makes it easier. We use packing cubes also.

CogsworthTN likes this.