Do you think your name helps or hinder you in life?

Hinders, I get tired of spelling it, I think it made me an introvert.

I am a Mary Jane (MJ) but when I introduce myself to people they always seem to remember Mary Ellen or Mary Beth or May Ann or Mary Jo or Mary Lou.....they never seem to remember Mary Jane so I always clarify when being introduced...... "like the candy or the shoes"!

I don't think my name hinders or helps my way in life in any substantial way.

I’m probably the first in family with my name.
My Nana couldn’t pronounce it but goodness knows she tried; I came to realize if she called me for dinner life was truly fine.
I love my name and am eternally happy that Papa’s son didn’t get his choice which was “Yolanda”. I’m sure it’s perfectly fine for another but doesn’t suit me.

Does it help or hinder? No not directly but it does make me feel good.

Probably helped - it’s a nice simple name and I like it - which is why I didn’t change it when I married - it’s who I am…

My maiden name was fairly common so my name never stood out. However, when I married my 1st husband I took his last name and boy did that get some attention because it was hard to pronounce but post 9/11 it also led to some serious racial profiling.

I'm now married to someone else and his last name isn't anything overly complicated but for some reason people keep spelling wrong. It's more funny than frustrating at this point.

My first name, no. My last name labels me because of where I live. I don't know if it helps or hurts. I just know it's an obvious thing.

I go by my middle name.......my parents choice.....and it isn't a common name. I have only met 3 other people with that name. So unlike folks with common names, there is no confusing me with someone else.
I think that has helped me.

My name is so common it doesn’t leave any kind of impression. That is probably a good thing in my opinion. I DO remember in school we had to add last initials on our papers because there were multiple students with the same name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter