Do you think that one day Texas will be home to a Disney park?

DINOSAUR-ASTERIOD25

Earning My Ears
I was just curious I know California and Florida are home to two Disney park resorts and have been their for a long time. But as big as Texas is if another Disney resort were to ever come to the United States do you think Texas would be a good choice maybe one of the cities as a possible selection could be Houston, Austin, San Antonio?

No. I don't think a third location will ever be built. Starting over with everything (infrastructure, land, all the utilities, services needed, building commissions, etc etc etc) would be prohibitively expensive. They already have all the infrastructure in place in two places and will continue to build off that (but mainly FL, since CA is pretty much out of room).

Nope, why would they. It would just siphon visitors away from the other parks. They have plenty of room to expand to a 5th gate, if they want to, at Disney World and Disneyland has been buying property too.

I think we will see a new theme park in texas some day... but not a disney park. You are more likely to see Disneyland buy more property in california for expansion of that resort. Florida is always being expanded and there is plenty land available for at least 2 more parks and a dozen more hotels

if a Texas Disney park would happen I know it would’ve already been done by now. I just look at the size of Texas it’s the second largest state in the country. When I do hear about a new theme park being built in the lone star state it’s mostly in Houston since it’s the fourth largest city without a theme park. I think Austin can support a Disney park with its fast rapidly growing population I understand the city is poised to reach 3 million people by 2030-2040.

Wasn't it rumored at one time that Disney had purchased some land near Bastrop/Austin TX but gave up on the idea?

I'd just be happy if they came up with some Texas resident discounts on DCL Galveston sailings.

Wasn't it rumored at one time that Disney had purchased some land near Bastrop/Austin TX but gave up on the idea?

I'd just be happy if they came up with some Texas resident discounts on DCL Galveston sailings.
Yes, I recall there have been a couple of times rumor flew about Disney buying property in Texas. One time it was around Austin, the other time outside of Dallas. Obviously neither turned out to be true, and I think charges were filed at one point because there was a company soliciting investments for acquisition of land they claimed would be near a soon-to-be-built Disney park.

Yes, I recall there have been a couple of times rumor flew about Disney buying property in Texas. One time it was around Austin, the other time outside of Dallas. Obviously neither turned out to be true, and I think charges were filed at one point because there was a company soliciting investments for acquisition of land they claimed would be near a soon-to-be-built Disney park.
This is what I was remembering:

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/34961-texas-man-gets-17-years-for-20m-disney-land-scam/

If another Disney park would make it in the United States as a slight possibility I think by looking at statistics it should go to the Austin region. But actually have this Disney park unique. Make it a marvel park with superheroes agree or disagree. I’m just surprised Austin doesn’t have a park with its growing rapid population getting close to 1 million people. But I understand Austin is out of space to build anything.

If another Disney park would make it in the United States as a slight possibility I think by looking at statistics it should go to the Austin region. But actually have this Disney park unique. Make it a marvel park with superheroes agree or disagree. I’m just surprised Austin doesn’t have a park with its growing rapid population getting close to 1 million people. But I understand Austin is out of space to build anything.
There is tons of space in the Austin area/burbs.

There is tons of space in the Austin area/burbs.
Wow this is good to know yes the reason why I pointed out Austin specifically out of all the other big Texas cities is because Austin is a rapidly growing city and metro region. If you look at the Austin area their really isn’t any theme park presence at all I mean except for a few waterparks like schlitterbahn in new braunfels which will be bought by cedar fair and typhoon Texas waterpark in plfuergerville if I’m spelling that right my bad. But Austin’s population is going to get to 1 million and possibly 3 million in the next few decades. Not to mention their is a kalahari resort coming to round rock a suburb of Austin so yes their are things coming to the region but I still think the city lacks tourism/entertainment not saying it’s boring but no theme park at all. I if anything would like to see an all themed marvel park come to Texas since Disney is partners with marvel now if that could work. I’m just surprised their hasn’t been any proposed plans or even rumors talks of a theme park coming to Austin I know San Antonio is close by but the state could really use another big theme park chain other than Six Flags the two parks in Dallas and SA and the one seaworld park and I right? One more big theme park chain whether it’s Disney, cedar fair, Herschend. Cedar fair Purchased once again schlitterbahn but I’m not sure if they’ll do a new cedar fair park in Austin would be cool. The whole central Texas area is just kind of dead in terms of theme parks if anyone disagrees with me.

My guess is it will just take time. Since SA has two parks about 90 minutes away, Houston has NASA a couple hours away, and Dallas has a Six Flags and Great Wolf Lodge about 3 hours away. With alternatives within a easy drive I don’t see anh dire need for one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!