Do You Take Photos?

Rememberingthe70s

Old School
I'm curious with all the cell phone camera and charging talk around here lately (epic), how much us solo folks take photos when we're in the parks by ourselves. I think the touring style and reasons to be at The World or Cali or on a cruise are a bit different, so I'm curious.

Do you take many photos or videos when you're in the parks solo?

I'll start. I may take a few, but honestly there aren't a lot of things I need photos of. I think during my solo trip last year I took one photo in MK (the old "hold the phone in front of you" trick) to post on Facebook. I dunno. I guess I wanted to prove I was there. :wave2: In fact, I took my camera, but left it in the room and just took the shot with my phone.

I still take plenty of photos when I go alone. Another trip or two and I may be to the point that I can get away with just a photo or two each day, but not yet

I will be leaving for WDW in just 4 days and I plan on taking lots and lots of photos as well as hitting up pretty much every photopass person I run into. It will be my first solo trip and I plan on using the freedom to take as many photos as I want without feeling like I am delaying everyone else!

My trip in 2 weeks will be my first solo WDW trip but I plan on actually taking MORE photos this time around. I'm a photography enthusiast, though, and I'm looking forward to slowing down and taking more artistic shots versus family vacation shots.

I did have a few solo mornings on our last family WDW trip in 2007 and I think I took more photos during those mornings then when with the whole crew. I also took advantage of PhotoPass for those times. I was hesitant at first but then a photographer by RnRC coaxed me into it and I didn't bleed ;) so I kept doing it. I have some great pictures from those mornings!

I've traveled other places solo and I've always taken many, many photos.

I take pictures every time I go. There's always something that catches my eye ...a character I don't see often, a display, my dinner....I average 300 pictures per visit . It really depends on what you need/want pictures of and for. I do a lot of scrap booking so as of now I have about1000 pictures per park. I'm doing more artsy pictures now

I just returned yesterday from a solo trip, and I took 200 pictures! I have been to Disney many times before, but this was my first time seeing it decorated for Christmas, so I took pictures of everything! I love to take pictures!:thumbsup2

I am an architect, so I take a lot of building photos. I have a Sony camera with a 2 gig memory card that can take up to 1200 photos.

I did a solo trip, 8 days, no parks, all resorts, the week after T-giving and took about 400 pics.

I think whatever I decide before going for a solo trip, I just cannot resist myself from taking photos. Last time when I went took 350 photos with my cousins as I like storing every moment of my life. :cool1: :lmao:

Ahhh! So interesting - preserving your trip, architecture, scrapbooking! I never thought of photos for scrapbooking! That makes perfect sense. I think also, I have an almost exclusively theatre background professionally, so I have that "the moment is the moment and can't be duplicated" thing drilled into me ... Which is really kind of silly when applied to WDW! LOL

I took about 200 photos. First, I like to look back at them and reminisce. Second, there are people in my life who won't ever get to go there, but they can armchair travel with my pix (they aren't big internet surfers).

I had a few really good PhotoPass pics, but ended up not buying any. Had several just as good by approaching people and asking nicely if they would mind taking my picture. Sometimes I noticed a family taking a shot with mom/dad at the camera and offered to take it for them. They in turn offered to take one of me.

I take a ton of pictures when I'm solo, maybe even more then when I'm in a group. I seem to have more time to sit and enjoy things and it makes me want to take pictures of everything!

So, on my first solo trip, I went through 4 disposable-cameras-worth of picture taking. I didn't like the feeling of seeing my entire vacation through a lens, so I resolved to not take cameras anymore, so I won't feel compelled to record every second.
I eventually got a phone with a camera, so while I don't take loads of pictures anymore, I do take some. I'll usually take pics of my food, specifically for posting here on the DIS. I'll also take pics of design elements that look interesting or fabrication techniques that are unusual so I have them for reference when I get home and want to incorporate them into whatever art I'm doing at the moment.

And then there are the pics I take of things that make me laugh. Those usually get tweeted immediately, to make my friends back home jealous. :)

I always take photos everywhere but I'm the kind of person who "sees my vacation through a lense" so I'm going to try not to do that so much by ordering Photopass+. Then I can leave most of the photo taking to someone else. I'm hopefully getting an Olympus Pen mini for Christmas so I can take some nicer shots, something I've never been able to do because I've always had crappy cameras. Of course i'll also be using the front camera on my iphone to send some selfies back to my friends and family!

I will be leaving for WDW in just 4 days and I plan on taking lots and lots of photos as well as hitting up pretty much every photopass person I run into. It will be my first solo trip and I plan on using the freedom to take as many photos as I want without feeling like I am delaying everyone else!

That's what I plan on doing! I'm going solo for the first time at the end of January, and I love photos with all the photopass people, although my family does not. Can't wait to get my fill of all the photos of just me having a blast!:cool1:

I would never go on vacation without my camera! I really love to capture those magic moments while touring solo. Fireworks, castle lights, rides, characters...I love making a photobook after I get home which I then can bring along and show to family and friends.
This year during my 5.day trip to WDW I had prepaid for the photopass-cd and it was so worth it. I ended up with more than 300 (!!!) pictures of me and every single character I could find in the parks. Some of the pics are so beautiful and I look at the photobook I made with the images a lot.
As far as other pictures go, I often handed my camera to someone around and kindely asked if the person could take a picture...always worked.

Pics which capture everything are (for me) part of a vacation.

i probably take more photos during my solo time during vacation then i do with the group. When im by myself i dont have to worry about slowing anyone down.

On my last trip I had a parts of the day that I was solo and that's where most of my pictures are from.

my trips are usually 2-3 weeks. I take thousands of photos, I'm a photographer, it's what I do.
My last trip Oct. 2011 I was fortunate enough to get this photo of a very rare, Sexxy and Beautiful character at DTD

p988818138-3.jpg

Often when I visit the parks I go solo, and I find that I take more pictures when I'm by myself (so as not to slow others down, as others have mentioned).

Nowadays, when I visit the parks, I try to remember to take more pictures with me in them by using the front-facing camera on my phone. It's funny because people will be walking in front of me when I'm doing that, and they will pause and wait for me to finish, even though they're not interfering with my picture taking. Sometimes I've told people to go ahead, that I'm using my front-facing camera. I guess me smiling at my phone with something cool behind me is not obvious enough. ;) It is really respectful of them to wait, though.

And yes, PhotoPass is great to have when you're on a solo trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter