Do you resort hop? I love my home resort

We try to go somewhere different every time. Went THV and BLT over Christmas 09 with the kids. Then we went Poly and OKW in Feb 10. Our goal is to stay at all the resorts at least once.

On site, we don't own at BLT or OKW, so our trips are usually at "home," but we would stay at any resort if there was availability for our trip! I would love a "Gals" trip in either a treehouse at SSR or 2 bedroom at OKW.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We bought into DVC in 2006 and didn't have our first trip to our home resort until this past December! (we loved it BTW!). We have stayed at VWL, BCV, BWV & HHI and we have a few nights booked @ AKL kidani village this summer. We have loved all of the resorts that we have stayed at so far, and love that we have choices when we decide on going to WDW. I love the variety that DVC offers us, and like PP'ers have said, it makes each vacation feel different when you stay at different resorts:thumbsup2

Do you resort hop? I love my home resort

Am I in the minority? Do most people resort hop?
We resort hop. In fact, every DVC visit in our first five and one-half years of ownership were hopped. We finally got around to visiting our "home resort" but plan to continue our vagabond hopping ways for years to come.

I bought BWV to always use my points there, and bought BLT to resort hop! Strange I know, but I don't want to waste my precious BWV points. So far I am staying at AKV and HHI with my BLT points. I really don't know when I'll actually stay at BLT with my BLT points!:laughing:

We are Hoppers also. It is funny our first resort we bought was SSR and we still have yet to stay there. I always book it at the 11 month and then see if anything else opens up at the 7 and so far we have been luck. We have stayed at BLT, AKL, BW, BC, VWL. One day we will get to OKW and SSR

We own at BCV but the last three trips were planned so late we could not get in there. :confused3 We have stayed at BWV and SSR and in July we are splitting a trip between BCV (finally) and two nights at BLT or VWL (waitlist). :cool1:

we have stayed at every DVC resort and every Disney resort and we have settled at OKW and SSR. Not really interested in anything else at this time. :thumbsup2

I dont understand NOT trying the other resorts and then deciding on your favorite and staying there most the time if you like.

You have only tried OKW and no where else? why?

Try the other spots and then you would know for sure OKW is your favorite

we stayed BCV on our first stay(before being DVC folks) we fell in love and bought OKW sight unseen..it was within our budget. We stayed there and loved it. Since then we have stayed at every resort except BLT. There are things I like about each resort. I would say AKV is my favorite. The activities and variety there is what i enjoy
I love the look and feel of OKW but my last trip there in Oct I found out I would not be happy there if I wasnt in a certain area(spec bdg 63/64) I was also surprised to find out I liked SSR way more than i thought I would and probably rate it above my OKW!
Oddly enough BCV doesnt rate as high as I had thought it would based on my first trip there. If i had bought there and stayed only there, while I would be content as I wouldnt have known any better, imagine what i could have missed.
Try them all and then you can know, plus what fun to shake things up a bit!

We love our two home resorts best without a doubt. I've stayed at SSR twice and will be staying at AKV for the second time this December. We bought in 2004 and since then I've stayed at VWL, BCV, and BWV outside of our two home resorts. In September we'll be trying OKW for the first time. We don't hop while on vacation, once we move in, that's where we stay for the trip. But part of the appeal of ownership for us, was the great variety of resorts available to us.

DH and I just bought DVC last month and I am on a mission to stay at all of the WDW DVC resorts at least once as soon as possible before we even contimplate adding on. To me half the fun is being able to try new things!!!

I figure we are well on our way to my goal as we are doing a BCV/BWV split stay in October and then an AKV Concierge stay in January. Who knows where we will go next!!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter